Stud n dud texans

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone probably already mentioned this, but I rewatched the game tonight, yeah I am that board, but I was watching Clay and he was carrying that left arm much of the game. Reminded me of Richard Sherman in the NFCCG a few years back. If that shoulder is giving him that much trouble, I really don't see playing him a whole lot. 2 years ago I would take a one armed CMIII, but not so sure about that anymore.

Reaction score
Someone probably already mentioned this, but I rewatched the game tonight, yeah I am that board, but I was watching Clay and he was carrying that left arm much of the game. Reminded me of Richard Sherman in the NFCCG a few years back. If that shoulder is giving him that much trouble, I really don't see playing him a whole lot. 2 years ago I would take a one armed CMIII, but not so sure about that anymore.
Clay is not the dominant player he once was. He plays hurt a lot and when he's healthy? he's earning 50% of his paycheck IMO

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone mention CBS as studs ? The flow of the game and much less uneceaaary commercials was great. The commentary was way better than Buck and Aikman. I hate how on Fox they look for any excuse to use commercials

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not positive either, because it was never made clear, but It certainly appeared to me that the play was not stopped until later. In the grand scheme of things, The Packers got the victory, but if I'm correct, it should have happened a little bit sooner, and as long as that ball was still live .... anything could have happened. Additionally, an extra 2 points on the score against an AFC team probably don't have much significance in the tiebreakers, but again I'm not certain of that either.

Well, if the play somehow had resulted in a touchdown for the Texans it would have been reviewed and overturned. Therefore I don´t think there´s any reason to be upset about it.

Duds: CM3. Did he make the stat sheet?

It was pretty obvious that Matthews wasn´t able to use his left arm at all.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Rogers and Nelson. Gettin' the feeling back a little more each week.
Burnett, flying around and hitting.
Duds- the defense. Too soft.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds- the defense. Too soft.

I don´t understand criticizing the defense over the last two games. It´s true the Packers faced two terrible offenses but giving up only 26 points over that span is decent nevertheless.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers won the game though therefore I don't see any reason to complain about giving up a touchdown in garbage time.
I wouldn't exactly call it garbage time... There are countless examples of teams overcoming 2 score leads with very little time left.....

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers won the game though therefore I don't see any reason to complain about giving up a touchdown in garbage time.
I don´t understand criticizing the defense over the last two games. It´s true the Packers faced two terrible offenses but giving up only 26 points over that span is decent nevertheless.

They allowed a game that should have been over to be back in play with the Texans scoring and getting an onside kick.
Anyone doubt they would have scored if they recovered it?

D

Deleted member 6794

There are countless examples of teams overcoming 2 score leads with very little time left.....

The 2001 Bears are the last team to win a game in which they trailed by 14 or more points at the two minute warning. Countless examples is a huge exaggeration.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2001 Bears are the last team to win a game in which they trailed by 14 or more points at the two minute warning. Countless examples is a huge exaggeration.
technically you are correct, but the Texan's TD drive started well outside of the 2 minute warning. I'm not totally disagreeing with either of your posts, but after Watching the Badgers give up a 3 score lead to Penn St. and remembering the Packer's meltdown in Seattle, I'm not comfortable calling a 2 score lead garbage time. Considering, the field conditions, I was very nervous about that onside kick.

D

Deleted member 6794

technically you are correct, but the Texan's TD drive started well outside of the 2 minute warning. Considering, the field conditions, I was very nervous about that onside kick.

It's irrelevant that the Texans drive started earlier as they were still trailing by 14 at the two minute warning. Even if they had recovered the onside kick that wouldn't automatically have resulted in them winning the game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still, it seems like every game they give up a late TD. Why become super soft when it is late in the game?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's irrelevant that the Texans drive started earlier as they were still trailing by 14 at the two minute warning. Even if they had recovered the onside kick that wouldn't automatically have resulted in them winning the game.
do you ever see more than one side to an argument?[/QUOTE]

D

Deleted member 6794

Still, it seems like every game they give up a late TD. Why become super soft when it is late in the game?

The Packers defense gave up only their second touchdown of the season in the last two minutes of a game vs. the Texans.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense gave up only their second touchdown of the season in the last two minutes of a game vs. the Texans.

Not sure of the exact statement, but the announcer noted that the Packers had given up a score at the end of a half in every game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure of the exact statement, but the announcer noted that the Packers had given up a score at the end of a half in every game.

Isn't that pathetic? As Captain pointed out, the streak was finally broken on Sunday, although it started to look like the Texans might extend it another game. Some of those scores have been aided by MM calling timeouts with his defense on the field, thinking they would force the other team into a quick 3 and out. While I get that you have AR on the sidelines and he can score quickly if given the ball back, I would prefer using those timeouts after a 3rd down stop, knowing you aren't just giving the other team more time to roll down the field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like they give up a lot of TDs by playing soft. It does not have to only be in the last two minutes to be important. And if the other team only needs a field goal then it is no better to give that up.

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems like they give up a lot of TDs by playing soft. It does not have to only be in the last two minutes to be important. And if the other team only needs a field goal then it is no better to give that up.

The Packers haven't allowed a field goal within the last two minutes of a game this season.

Reaction score
In a normal year my expectations would be to win handily by 2 scores.. this year? I'll take a 1pt victory any which way we can slice it or dice it

Members online

Latest posts