Stud n dud texans

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its alot easier to see specifics when you are watching it on tv but pretty much everyone showed up today.

Studs: Everyone not mentioned in the Duds. Really great game by many of the guys.

Duds:

Richard Rodgers. You can not block. The reason the outside pitch gets -3 yds every time is because its to your side and you get blown 3 yards into the backfield. There are 3 qualities that make a TE. 1. blocking 2. catching 3. running. You have to be able to do 2 out of the 3. He does one and its killing them on offense.

Starks. It's not that he is making mistakes or not trying.....its simply just not there anymore or at least this year.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks. It's not that he is making mistakes or not trying.....its simply just not there anymore or at least this year.

Unless he turns it around in the last 4 games, I don't think he will have a next year too see if it was just simply just a bad year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds: pass defense, run defense (we better be up 3TDs with minutes left or the D will give up big plays)

The Packers defense gave up a total of 13 points with six of those more or less in garbage time. The unit doesn't deserve to be named a dud for this week's performance.

Dud... the officials for not crediting a Safety on the last play of the game when Osweiler, while standing in the end zone, pitched the ball forward to the one yard line after having already thrown a forward pass to begin the play.

The Packers declined the penalty, therefore it wasn't a safety.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the defense played fairly well. Not to many glaring mistakes. Missed tackles were down, and outside of that late TD where someone wasn't where they were supposed to be soon enough, it was better. The Texans haven't been great, but it's not like they don't have some guys on offense that can hurt you either.

I thought Cobb took some shots and played hard. Oline was stout minus a play or 2, can't ask for much more that that. I guess true stud designation would have kept Aaron clean all day, but they'll get an honorable mention stud from me.

I though Jordy played well too. He's quietly having a pretty good stretch here. I liked the one where Aaron put it between the 2 levels of defense on the sideline and he caught it, turned, got a couple more and tucked down before a guy tried to take his head off. Smart and aware or self preservation, I don't care, but that could have ended worse for him. He got up letting them know too. you usually don't see much from Jordy in that regard, but he let them know what he thought.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Jordy, RIP, Morgan Burnette, Letroy Guion, Schum, Saints
Duds: Bahkitari and then the offsides/encroachment penalties (these have to stop).

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gunter and Rollins stepped up, making a few crucial plays. We need them to keep improving.

Man of the match: Jordy.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense gave up a total of 13 points with six of those more or less in garbage time. The unit doesn't deserve to be named a dud for this week's performance.

The Packers declined the penalty, therefore it wasn't a safety.
if that is the case.... fine, but after watching that play several times, I was never sure that is what the officials even called. The officials did not blow the whistle to stop play at that point, but rather only after several more pitches had been made, and my impression was that the flag had finally been thrown for one of the subsequent pitches, and that the one by Oswweiler in the end zone had been missed.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Bahkitari and then the offsides/encroachment penalties (these have to stop).
I think you meant to put the Saints under the Duds category :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 6794

if that is the case.... fine, but after watching that play several times, I was never sure that is what the officials even called. The officials did not blow the whistle to stop play at that point, but rather only after several more pitches had been made, and my impression was that the flag had finally been thrown for one of the subsequent pitches, and that the one by Oswweiler in the end zone had been missed.

The referee announced the flag was for an illegal forward pass and that the Packers declined it. I have no idea if the officials deemed Osweiler´s pitch to be the illegal one though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The referee announced the flag was for an illegal forward pass and that the Packers declined it. I have no idea if the officials deemed Osweiler´s pitch to be the illegal one though.
I'm not positive either, because it was never made clear, but It certainly appeared to me that the play was not stopped until later. In the grand scheme of things, The Packers got the victory, but if I'm correct, it should have happened a little bit sooner, and as long as that ball was still live .... anything could have happened. Additionally, an extra 2 points on the score against an AFC team probably don't have much significance in the tiebreakers, but again I'm not certain of that either.

Sky King

Reaction score
Studs: Offense for doing enough to win. Defense for not bending too far. STs hands team and some decent play overall. Plus, a rare end-around sighting. The weather (our 12th man) and hopefully a repeat this week - a big disadvantage for a small-handed QB.

Duds: Injuries, as usual.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Although his name has been mentioned a few times, I have to give another thumbs up to Jacob Schum :tup: Could we have perhaps found the consistent punter we were in desperate need of? Up until Sunday he has been much better then I thought he would be and then Sunday, he proved he can kick in winter conditions. While I would prefer lots of scoring and no punts by the Packers, I have a lot more confidence in Schum, when we do have to punt, then I had in Masthay the last 2 seasons.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Jordy lot of catches/enthusiasm and TD
Rip really strong short yardage runner and TD
Cobb punt returns and TD wish he had more chances
Montgomery played well, wish he had more chances
Arod

Duds
Thomas he engages blockers b4 he figures out the play and dropped an int
Hyde he has not played well lately, he did make one play...not sufficient
Mc.... 2nd and 2 on the 4 and he goes with an empty backfield, 3rd and short and he calls an end run to the left. The same play he called the previous 3rd and short. Generally, he does not call a good game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah and good heads up play for Ripkowski to get out of the way of the onside kick

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, just to clarify I wish Montgomery had more chances at catching the ball

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. Generally, he does not call a good game.
Listing 2 negative plays out of an entire game is not sufficient evidence to make a statement like that. Personally, overall I think McCarthy called a very good game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't give Guion the Stud and then complain about the encroachment penalties without mentioning they were against him. Saints laying down for the kitties rates a stud?
STUDs: OL. most of the game AR had plenty of time to wait for a WR to get open. Very few times did any get beat. CBS actually left the GB metro area to video other parts of the area that weren't dairy farms. Cheese factory is typical but Pierce (the fire truck place) was cool on their part.
Duds: CM3. Did he make the stat sheet? Starks. Did he have + yardage?

Members online

Latest posts