1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stotts Out

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Phase 1 complete.

Phase 2: Win the lottery and get Kevin Durant

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    kmac, you're gonna be heartbroken... It looks like Durant is returning to college for one more year, and ditto Oden (read that on realgm)...

5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,480
    Oden is a boy in a mans body with a beard..When my g/f saw him for 1st time I asked how old she thought he was..she said about 25

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see Oden returning.
    He is dumber than a box of rocks. It just does not make sense.
    His whole thing was getting trough one year of college and then being able to grab the big bucks totally unscathed by knowlege.

7. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, he does very well in school, but good job at being a racist.

8. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I don't know Oden's IQ level or even heard him interview at all.. but I am curious how that is racist? No matter the color of a person's skin, there are going to be a ton of kids on the one year and done plan.

And Yooper how do you know he is less than highly intelligent? Just because The Ohio State U has the lowest graduation rate among BB players does mean tha Oden fits the bill..

9. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Greg Oden does very well in school, and is majoring in Business Administration. The only reason anyone would ever make the comment that Oden is "dumb as rocks" is because he's a young, athletic black man, and there's generally a stereotype attached to young, athletic black men that they don't care about education. Therefore, if you blindly make the comment that Oden is dumb, then you're probably a racist.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    wow, you're very out of line here. calling a player dumb\dumb as rocks isn't even close to being racist. Sorry your views are so shattered, that you think someone calling an athlete who happens to be black, an idiot\dumb, is a racial thing. I voice my opinion a lot(its true) on who i think is cool, a dumbass,etc, and it never has anything to do with their race, and I dont think thats the case here either.

But maybe yooper is a member of the klan, after all, he thinks Oden is dumber than a box of rocks.

11. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Back to Topic..... PLEASE !

Replacement Coach Hired....

ESPN.com's Andy Katz reported that Krystkowiak met with University of Utah officials on Tuesday to discuss their head coaching vacancy. He appeared to be a front-runner for that position, but the timing of the Stotts firing changed that.

"Larry Krystkowiak brings the same competitive fire from his days as a player to his work on the sidelines and on the practice court as a coach," Harris told the Bucks Web site. "His knowledge of the game and his ability to work well with players is a tremendous asset to our organization. He also has a successful track record as a head coach in both the college ranks and the CBA. We're excited to move ahead with Larry as our new head coach."

Krystkowiak spent nine seasons in the NBA, playing with the Bucks from 1987-92. He missed the 90-91 season after suffering a horrific knee injury in the playoffs the season before. He cemented his status as a fan favorite by pumping his fist as he was wheeled off the court.

Krystkowiak was hired as a Milwaukee assistant in June 2006 after coaching the University of Montana for two years. The Grizzlies went to the NCAA Tournament both seasons.

"I'm extremely excited to have been given the chance to lead and develop such a young and talented team," Krystkowiak told the Bucks' site. "I want to thank Senator Kohl and Larry Harris for this terrific opportunity. Becoming an NBA head coach was my number one goal when I went into coaching and I welcome the challenges that lie ahead of me. This team has a great deal of potential and I'm eager to move forward.

"I would also be remiss if I did not thank Terry Stotts for the opportunity he gave me by bringing me to Milwaukee as an assistant. He believed in my abilities and for that I'm grateful."

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I had a feeling it would be LArry K...

Funny story..When he was playing for Milw, he would go to a certain bar my SINGLE sister law would go to..He always tried to get her to go out with him, but she turned him down EVERYTIME..

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I see he has the same skills as me.

14. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Larry was in the same class at Missoula Big Sky High School as my oldest daughter and son-in-law. He is a great coach who demands nothing but the best from his players. He took a struggling program here at Montana and molded the same five players from the previous year into NCAA tourney team.

Give him a year and a draft and I think he will make the Bucks very competitive again.