Thurs Bears game: Stopping Howard will be Key

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Perry and Daniels will be back...?

This should hopefully be a win...

Howard just destroyed the Steelers today

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Howard is a beast, I hope his shoulder is healthy and ready to go. Huge test for the run D for sure, but considering our run D has been fine in my opinion, Cohen is going to be the real one we need to stop. He can eat us alive in the middle with those short catches he gets, and he's explosive and is a human joystick. Our linebackers need to be extra polished this Thursday.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With such a quick turnaround I doubt Daniels will be able to play Thursday. Maybe the game against The Boys on Oct 8th.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With such a quick turnaround I doubt Daniels will be able to play Thursday. Maybe the game against The Boys on Oct 8th.
Considering he was listed as doubtful for yesterday, there is a good chance indeed of him missing another one. Also Perry will probably still be out. Anyone have a clue when Bakhtiari gets back?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key will be the health of the Packers. Missing a ton of guys and now the team has to play another game in four days. Thursday night games are the only proof anyone needs that NFL owners care nothing about the product on the field or the wellbeing of the players. The defense will be gassed against the Bears and there's a strong likelihood the offense will be lethargic as well with the oline injuries.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the Bears don't really have anyone who scares me in their passing game, this could be an instance where you just stack the box pretty much like 80% of the time.

Yeah Howard is a beast and severely underrated, I actually had him in my draft board... but wound up with Kareem Hunt instead(so that's worked out nicely for me lol)... This is a guy who I think may get 1300-1500 yards this year...let's just hope his good games aren't against the Packers

Reaction score
I have not been following the Bears intricately. But This is a very winnable game, even without our arguably our two best Defenders right now in Daniels and Perry. I would not be as confident in Chicago on the road with no rest. This should be a close one though.. GB 30 Chicago 24

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as confident given how beat up we are. IMO the offense has got to come up with a better way to protect Rodgers. I don't anticipate our starting tackles being back anytime soon.

Howard is the guy to beat. I agree. They put a stop on the RB's instead of letting them run all over us I think we have a good chance. Just not sure how this will go especially since the team hasn't been showing up until the 2nd half in the 3 previous games.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The key will be the health of the Packers. Missing a ton of guys and now the team has to play another game in four days. Thursday night games are the only proof anyone needs that NFL owners care nothing about the product on the field or the wellbeing of the players. The defense will be gassed against the Bears and there's a strong likelihood the offense will be lethargic as well with the oline injuries.
It’s certainly not ideal but the Bears face the exact same situation. I just hope there are no hidden injuries that cropped up like last week. We don’t need any more nasty surprises.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Howard is a beast, I hope his shoulder is healthy and ready to go. Huge test for the run D for sure, but considering our run D has been fine in my opinion, Cohen is going to be the real one we need to stop. He can eat us alive in the middle with those short catches he gets, and he's explosive and is a human joystick. Our linebackers need to be extra polished this Thursday.

Cohen is the one that scares me as well. Mid 6 yard average per run and catch, he is that quick shifty back who along with Howard, could make the Packers honor the run and then allow Mike Glennon to earn all $15+ M of his contract in one night throwing the ball.

The Bears defense isn't that bad either.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the Bears don't really have anyone who scares me in their passing game, this could be an instance where you just stack the box pretty much like 80% of the time.

Yeah Howard is a beast and severely underrated, I actually had him in my draft board... but wound up with Kareem Hunt instead(so that's worked out nicely for me lol)... This is a guy who I think may get 1300-1500 yards this year...let's just hope his good games aren't against the Packers

What!! Mike Glennon doesn't scare you? Seriously, If it weren't for the fact that this is a Thursday night game with less time to prep I think we would see the beginning of the Mitch Trubisky era in Chicago. Many people seem to think it will come the following week with the Monday night game against the vikings. They will have a few extra days to get him ready.

I think they have a pretty damn good 1-2 punch at RB though. A lot of people may have been ready to write of Howard after Cohen's big start but yesterday reminded people that he was the second leading runner in the league last year. While I think our run defense is OK and I do think we can control the running game I am more worried about RBs like Cohen (and Mixon yesterday) catching passes out of the backfield.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not sure the Bears are any better off than us in the injury game. They just don't have the big names that we do so it doesn't seem as bad. My brother in law is a huge Bears fan so trust me, I hear all about the Bears injury woes. Howard's shoulder could be the biggest "injury" impact of the game.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is let's not forget
I'm not as confident given how beat up we are. IMO the offense has got to come up with a better way to protect Rodgers. I don't anticipate our starting tackles being back anytime soon.

Howard is the guy to beat. I agree. They put a stop on the RB's instead of letting them run all over us I think we have a good chance. Just not sure how this will go especially since the team hasn't been showing up until the 2nd half in the 3 previous games.

MM really needs to use that play that had Adams beating tackles on 3 men in space yesterday more often. I'll also say i love that Kendricks was starting to be used more in this offense yesterday.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think it's a little funny the Bears are getting praise right now after the way Tampa Bay kicked their ***** just last week.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Ryan is back, I could see him and Martinez on the field together.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tackle situation scares me a bit in this one. If we come away with a W, we have a 10-day break for Bakh and Bulaga to get their ish together.

I think we'll see a much better offense when that happens, they are so crucial to the way AR12 operates.

Stop Howard/Cohen + keep AR12 alive, and I think we win by 10-14 in this one.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any qb against Capers scheme and our corners (minus King) make me nervous. This is the same team that got shredded by Brock Osweiller and Blake Bortles...in the same season. Also made Andy Dalton look like Dan Marino last week. i hope Cobb can play

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reasons I am not super worried.
1. The bears are not a passing team so they will struggle to expose our real weakness.
2. The offense is good enough to score 20 plus on the bears and I don't think the bears will put up 20 on the packers

Reasons I am worried
1. Cohen. We have struggled covering backs out of the backfield.
2. Thompson screwed us over and didn't give us better 6th and 7th string tackles. How could he not have us in a better place with Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs, and Barclay all hurt? What team isn't 7 deep at tackle?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How the heck can anyone blame Thompson for all four of his top tackles being hurt at the same time?

It's like, if a storm knocked a tree down in your yard and it knocked out your window, and then your neighbor showed up and was like "hey... you're and idiot."

Members online