Still thinking Green Bay has #1 type Receivers in the NFL?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Driver, but his drops are maddening.

And how many times do you see Packer receivers popping the ball off their hands & straight up in the air for easy interceptions.

Separation? What the hell is seperation? Why can't the Packer receivers seem to get any? Somebody look it up in the dictionary for them.

Check downs. That's fine if you want to kick FG's all night. The kickers leg may fall off, and the defense sucks, so you have to score a million points to win, so that won't really help. MM himself said they needed to make "big plays", but how can you do that when the Eagles secondary are molesting your WR's?

Why is Koren Robinson used so little, and what the hell is Ferguson still doing out there in passing situations?

Jennings is good, but still a rookie.

THE EAGLES D WAS NOT RESPECTING THE RUN, THAT'S WHY THE RECEIVERS WERE BLANKETED ALL NIGHT, AND THAT'S WHY MORENCY ALMOST HAD 100 YARDS!

This is what it's going to look like all year, which is a blueprint of last year!

Football 101.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame Driver. He had an off game and has earned that right. He had a few drops that were crucial but Koren also had a drop later in the game.

I like Driver and Jennings but we need someone else. Ferguson isn't even a valid 3 these days. I won't put alot of this on the WR's.

Why do you think Brett's in the shotgun so much? Why do you think Bretts on his butt right after he throws? The gameplan was to neutralize the O-Lines struggles by running quick passes. As fast as Brett has to throw the ball it is near impossible for the WR's to get any seperation.

OP
OP
M

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point.

What do you think about opposing defenses not respecting the Packer's running game this year, like they did last year?

That's why you see so many Packer receivers "double covered".

OP
OP
M

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive Blueprint to beat the Packers.

1. Don't respect the run game.
2. Double cover WR's.
4. Occasionally blitz the QB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver had an off game like stated. It happens to everyone once in a while. If he gets consistent with it then you have to worry.

Jennings played solid once again and it looked like Philly actually shadowed him with a saftey later on in the game.

Robinson saw more playing time and did make a nice catch but played defender at least twice.

Ferguson is Ferguson.

Overall though it's hard to look much into this now. Green Bay can't go out and get a guy so we have to deal with what we got.

I think Favre needs a better TE though. Bubba Franks has been very dissapointing this year and every QB could use a sure handed TE to get the ball to on 3rd downs. Green Bay doesn't have on in my opinion.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ferguson is hurt and out for a while, I think we should sign Corey Bradford. He recently got released by Detroit.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TEs are staying back to support pass protection....hence, a low number of passes thrown to them.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Still thinking Green Bay has #1 type Receivers in the NF

The problem is still the O-line. People can point to the stats and say "Hey! we haven't allowed hardly any sacks!". The truth is we're keeping the TE's and RB's in to block on a lot of the passing plays. Teams are still applying pressure with 4 or 5, so that leaves 6 or 7 guys to cover our 2 or 3 receivers. Not very good odds.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LambeauLeaper said:
The problem is still the O-line. People can point to the stats and say "Hey! we haven't allowed hardly any sacks!". The truth is we're keeping the TE's and RB's in to block on a lot of the passing plays. Teams are still applying pressure with 4 or 5, so that leaves 6 or 7 guys to cover our 2 or 3 receivers. Not very good odds.

Yep and Favre was hurried all night last night.

OP
OP
M

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LambeauLeaper said:

That's right.

Because teams are not respecting the run game. And why should they?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think Jennings in time could be a #1. He's having a solid year and hasn't been dropping as many passes as he did early on.

I still believe Driver is a legit #1. He's not a deep ball guy but he's very productive and has put up some of the best numbers in the league the last 2 3 years.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big priority for us this offseason should be a tight end...Bubba was a solid red zone target a few years back, but he's not useful anymore, maybe as a second tight end in goal line sets with intent to catch passes. We don't have a center of the field threat, Jennings is a perimeter reciever, Driver sucked on Monday. Even if brett throws at Bubba's feet, Bubba's just not limber enough to make an effort to catch anything. Let alone run after the catch, which I often find funny.

The depreciation of Bubba and Henderson have put way too much pressure on our recievers...

Members online

Latest posts