Still sticking it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's a once in a lifetime player.
Wrong. I'm old enough to have watched Starr's entire career; Favre's , and now Rodgers. Starr and those teams are without a doubt the cream of the crop of Packers.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody denies that Favre belongs in the HOF. The HOF putting a Vikings' jersey in the Hall as part of Favre's history is the joke. I won't argue that the HOF has final say on what articles are included in a particular nominee's niche. But I think it inconceivable that a nominee, assuming he's alive, would have no input on such a matter. It's just Favre being Favre, imo.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider Favre breaking the record for most consecutive games started significant enough to put a Vikings jersey in his locker at the Hall of Fame. Atlanta, Minnesota and the Jets don't get to claim him as another Hall of Famer as he only spent a minor portion of his career with those teams and therefore isn't listed as a major contributor for another franchise than the Packers.

I didn't tell anybody how to feel about Rodgers but posted my point of view. It would be unreasonable to not hold him in higher regard as Favre as long as he doesn't force his way to play for an archrival as well.

you said "As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival he should be held in higher regard by Packers nation" if that's not telling us how we should feel I don't know what is. Its no different than someone telling you you should get over the fact that Favre played for the vikings. They are posting their point of view. If you wanted to post your point of view you would have said something like As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival I will hold in higher regard. That is your point of view.

If you go to the pro football HOF website Brett is listed under the Packers, vikings, Jets and Falcons. direct from their website Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in bold. In cases where a player contributed about equally and/or in a major way to two or more clubs – he is listed in bold under both clubs (ie. Gary Zimmerman is listed with both the Vikings and the Broncos as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in normal font.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I think it inconceivable that a nominee, assuming he's alive, would have no input on such a matter. It's just Favre being Favre, imo.

While it might be inconceivable that Favre had no input on the stuff being put in his locker I have no reason to believe that Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, has any reason to lie about it.

you said "As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival he should be held in higher regard by Packers nation" if that's not telling us how we should feel I don't know what is. Its no different than someone telling you you should get over the fact that Favre played for the vikings. They are posting their point of view. If you wanted to post your point of view you would have said something like As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival I will hold in higher regard. That is your point of view.

Once again, I said Rodgers should be held in higher regard by Packer nation, not telling you you have to. I would appreciate you coming up with a reasonable explanation for your point of view as long as he doesn't end up playing for a division opponent though.

If you go to the pro football HOF website Brett is listed under the Packers, vikings, Jets and Falcons. direct from their website Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in bold. In cases where a player contributed about equally and/or in a major way to two or more clubs – he is listed in bold under both clubs (ie. Gary Zimmerman is listed with both the Vikings and the Broncos as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in normal font.

True, but Favre is listed in bold only with the Packers on the Hall of Fame website, meaning he didn't make any major contributions for any of the other teams. Therefore there shouldn't be a Vikings jersey in his locker.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no reason to believe that Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, has any reason to lie about it.
"Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, told ESPN that the Hall decides what will be in each display. He said the players don’t have a say in what will be placed in them." (Packers News)

Again, I have no doubt that the HOF makes the final decision regarding any exhibit. Fierle is not saying that there is a prohibition of players making any suggestions; just that the Hall makes the decisions. And Favre has been known to stretch the truth in other matters in the past, not the least of which was his retirement/unretirement game he played with the Packers (unsuccessfully) and Jets (successfully).

The Vikings jersey is a slap in the face to the Packers organization in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again, I have no doubt that the HOF makes the final decision regarding any exhibit. Fierle is not saying that there is a prohibition of players making any suggestions; just that the Hall makes the decisions.

If Fierce is being honest about the players not having a say about the stuff being put in their locker it's pretty obvious to me Favre isn't responsible at all for the Vikings jersey to be there.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, the Hall's curatorial staff selects the artifacts for exhibit.

According to the Hall of Fame, the Packers jersey is the one Favre wore when he broke the NFL career touchdown pass record. The Vikings jersey is the one he wore when he broke Jim Marshall's NFL record for consecutive starts.

Also within the locker is the inactive sheet from the game that ended Favre's starting streak. Out of 30 million artifacts, the Hall of Fame said it is the lone inactive sheet in the Hall's collection.

While I still have a hard time getting over Favre having played for the Vikings he's for sure not to blame for this.

Eh I'm over it now, we fans take this game too seriously. Great sport to watch but we're not watching the hosts of light and dark down on the field.

Sky King

Reaction score
"Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, told ESPN that the Hall decides what will be in each display. He said the players don’t have a say in what will be placed in them." (Packers News)

Again, I have no doubt that the HOF makes the final decision regarding any exhibit. Fierle is not saying that there is a prohibition of players making any suggestions; just that the Hall makes the decisions. And Favre has been known to stretch the truth in other matters in the past, not the least of which was his retirement/unretirement game he played with the Packers (unsuccessfully) and Jets (successfully).

The Vikings jersey is a slap in the face to the Packers organization in my opinion.
The HOF is having a bad year, so far. Snubbing Jerry Kramer leans toward chronic.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong. I'm old enough to have watched Starr's entire career; Favre's , and now Rodgers. Starr and those teams are without a doubt the cream of the crop of Packers.
Consistent greatness trumps all. Starr is still at the top of the ladder. Outside of Green Bay, I still consider Montana and now Brady as being on that level as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts