Still Sticking it to us

H

HardRightEdge

I disagree. For one this is something we all have zero control over.

Sorry, NWCH, I replied to the wrong post.

As for your comment, yeah, I know. I was making a non-football related response to Raptor's non-football related "life lesson". The words "real life" should have been a tip off...football is not real life, and that is not a bad thing.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's pretty good advice when it comes to things over which you have zero control...wasted energy. However, in real life, dealing with real people, if you take that attitude you'll end up being somebody's pin cushion.

In real life, I have found it works very well.

I also quite giving a damn about what people think of me. Has made my life a whole lot easier. And if you think about it, what good does it do you? Make an impression on some waitress. Big deal. (Unless you are going ask her out.) What does it matter if she thinks your an ***? Now I'm not saying treat people like crap. But be yourself. (Unless, yourself treats people like crap, then you need help.) And if they don't like you, BFD. It's not going to change your life. I hear the same thing with peoples feelings, "He hurt my feelings". While going through counseling years ago my counselor told me that only "I" can let someone hurt my feelings. And once I get that, life becomes easier. Ever see my statement. "I have been called worse by better people than you." That's were that came from. If I think your a jerk, what difference does it make in your life? Zero. So why care? Wasted energy. Most people in your life will come and go. Other than relatives you may have 20-30 people you have to deal with on a monthly basis. And either they need something from you, or you need something from them. Chances are, your not inviting them to your birthday party. And chance are, within 2 years they will be replaced by someone else. If we are lucky, we have some really good friends. And by really good friends, these are people who will help bury the body without asking questions until the drive home. They are in your life for a long time, and you know what? You don't need to impress them. They take you for what and who you are. If they don't, they won't last and hence, not a real good friend. You may think I'm wrong and that's fine. It works form me, and several people I know.

BTW, HRE, that's not directed at you, just information in general for everyone.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

As for your comment, yeah, I know. I was making a non-football related response to Raptor's non-football related "life lesson". The words "real life" should have been a tip off...football is not real life, and that is not a bad thing.
BTW, if you hadn't noticed, this whole thread is non football related. Unless you call that ref a football ref. It's about a softball game. The only thing football related is PackFaninChitown pictures.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I was as mad as anybody about the call last season, but he`s human and he made a bum call, it happens. As El G said earlier, it had no bearing on our season, we still won the division and we were STILL slaughtered by the 49ers. The guy is no mass murderer or anything, he was just an official who called what he thought he saw !!

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, if you hadn't noticed, this whole thread is non football related. Unless you call that ref a football ref. It's about a softball game. The only thing football related is PackFaninChitown pictures.

But it is Packer related and that's what this forum is called. The pontification about ones views of life isn't however. ;)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
But it is Packer related and that's what this forum is called. The pontification about ones views of life isn't however. ;)
Packer related only by the fact that Packer fans have made it Packer related. Or in this case some writer trying to get a rise out of Packer fans for some reason. The photo of Tate and the Ref has to do with the Seahawks and a softball game. Not Packer related. :tup:

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer related only by the fact that Packer fans have made it Packer related. Or in this case some writer trying to get a rise out of Packer fans for some reason. The photo of Tate and the Ref has to do with the Seahawks and a softball game. Not Packer related. :tup:

The blown call will always be Packer related because it took place in a football they played in. Even non Packer fans know that. The photo relates to that otherwise it would have no significance. It has nothing to do with a softball game.

btw, Raptor how does this post by you play into your views on moving on and putting things behind you.

"Yeah, never have seen the Vikings-Raiders Super Bowl game again. Don't want to. Or the Vikings-Chiefs. That one just ****** me off every time I see it. "

:giggle:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's cool I missed the off topic digression distinction. After all football is played in the "real world" with "real life" people. I certainly felt that Raptor's comments were on topic and apropos as well. Also I think this is all a two way street when it comes to perpetuating this whole issue regarding the catch. Much like Favre, people are choosing to still be upset over it even though the outcome has already been determined. Useless waste of energy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The blown call will always be Packer related because it took place in a football they played in. Even non Packer fans know that. The photo relates to that otherwise it would have no significance. It has nothing to do with a softball game.

btw, Raptor how does this post by you play into your views on moving on and putting things behind you.

"Yeah, never have seen the Vikings-Raiders Super Bowl game again. Don't want to. Or the Vikings-Chiefs. That one just ****** me off every time I see it. "

:giggle:
Never said I was perfect. I certainly don't let what people say to me get to me. Otherwise I would be very short lived on any Packer forum. And the photo is from a softball game were they used the ref to umpire. At least I know the story behind the photo.
The replacement referee who made the controversial touchdown call that gave the Seattle Seahawks a victory over the Green Bay Packers last season was an umpire at Richard Sherman's charity softball game Sunday.
Lance Easley's ruling, in which he awarded Golden Tate a touchdown reception in the Sept. 24 Monday night game, has been infamously dubbed the "Fail Mary." Easley worked as the first-base umpire on Sunday and even posed for some photos with Tate, who played in the game.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...en-tate-seattle-seahawks-reunite-charity-game

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said I was perfect. I certainly don't let what people say to me get to me. Otherwise I would be very short lived on any Packer forum. And the photo is from a softball game were they used the ref to umpire. At least I know the story behind the photo.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...en-tate-seattle-seahawks-reunite-charity-game

I know the story as well. Remember I started the thread and posted the initial link. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-fans-love-picture-golden-tate-013749941.html

Yes it was a picture taken at a charity game. What everyone knows is that the photo would be meaningless absent the history of the official and the Seahawks game. It's that relationship you want to disavow and say it's just a picture.

None of us are perfect but we need to keep things real. Condemning someone for not getting over something is a bit disingenuous don't you think given your post on being pissed off about a Super Bowl some 45 years ago? It's like picking at a speck in someone else's eye when you have a log in your own.

And I'm over this back and forth. :sick:

H

HardRightEdge

In real life, I have found it works very well.

I also quite giving a damn about what people think of me. Has made my life a whole lot easier. And if you think about it, what good does it do you? Make an impression on some waitress. Big deal. (Unless you are going ask her out.) What does it matter if she thinks your an ***? Now I'm not saying treat people like crap. But be yourself. (Unless, yourself treats people like crap, then you need help.) And if they don't like you, BFD. It's not going to change your life. I hear the same thing with peoples feelings, "He hurt my feelings". While going through counseling years ago my counselor told me that only "I" can let someone hurt my feelings. And once I get that, life becomes easier. Ever see my statement. "I have been called worse by better people than you." That's were that came from. If I think your a jerk, what difference does it make in your life? Zero. So why care? Wasted energy. Most people in your life will come and go. Other than relatives you may have 20-30 people you have to deal with on a monthly basis. And either they need something from you, or you need something from them. Chances are, your not inviting them to your birthday party. And chance are, within 2 years they will be replaced by someone else. If we are lucky, we have some really good friends. And by really good friends, these are people who will help bury the body without asking questions until the drive home. They are in your life for a long time, and you know what? You don't need to impress them. They take you for what and who you are. If they don't, they won't last and hence, not a real good friend. You may think I'm wrong and that's fine. It works form me, and several people I know.

BTW, HRE, that's not directed at you, just information in general for everyone.

While we've wandered far afield from football here, I agree it wasn't a topic of much import so I'll continue the digression at the risk of moderator scorn.

I agree in substance with that last post. The older I get the more I care about what I think of other people than what they think of me, and I would not necessarily exclude relatives in this thinking.

My point about the pin cushion is this:

If somebody sticks it to you in real life, they will likely do it again when they see personal advantage in it. The old adage "fool me once..." has merit. So, getting stuck requires a reaction. Whether it's "don't get angry, get even" (not recommended in my book), avoidance, or setting up a defense, you have do something. Inaction is an action.

Members online

Latest posts