Still Sticking it to us

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
He's still a semi-pro official. He's also writing a book called Making the Call in regard to that night. I'm certain he'll try to justify his actions.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in complaining about the Seattle game. It made no difference, whatsoever. The Packers still won the division, hosted a playoff game and won it, even though due to their inept, inconsistent play, and against a lame backup QB, they didn't win the game by a whole lot. They would have lost to SF, regardless. The read-option was all the rage last year and we were not prepared, or good enough to stop it.

Regardless, the ref costing us the Seahawks game in Week Three, had zero bearing on how the season and playoffs, played out. Seems silly to even bring it up anymore.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You can say they are still "Sticking it to us". But, the only person that can make you feel bad about something is you. If you get past that, whatever they do doesn't matter. If you feel that they are "Sticking it to you" then that is your problem. Move on from it. Take the higher ground.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can say they are still "Sticking it to us". But, the only person that can make you feel bad about something is you. If you get past that, whatever they do doesn't matter. If you feel that they are "Sticking it to you" then that is your problem. Move on from it. Take the higher ground.

Thank you Dr. Phil.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in complaining about the Seattle game. It made no difference, whatsoever. The Packers still won the division, hosted a playoff game and won it, even though due to their inept, inconsistent play, and against a lame backup QB, they didn't win the game by a whole lot. They would have lost to SF, regardless. The read-option was all the rage last year and we were not prepared, or good enough to stop it.

Regardless, the ref costing us the Seahawks game in Week Three, had zero bearing on how the season and playoffs, played out. Seems silly to even bring it up anymore.
Hey, my hemorrhoids still hurt from that game.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Just watching that video again ****** me off today just as much as it did that night. What's interesting is though Easley, who saw the play from behind, insists it was a simultaneous catch, Mike Peek and Wayne Elliott both admit it was a blown call.

To see Easley yukking it up with Seattle players, rubbing it in Packer fan faces like that is just a nice little "up yours" on his part.

Time to move on... :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you wind up in hell with your back broke Easley!!:mad:
Come on buddy, that's pretty childish and petty thing to say about a guy that tried to do his best. What do you say to your kids when they make mistakes?

I was frothing mad during and after the game just like everyone else, but it didn't take me long to gain a more enlightened perspective. It's a game. We should have won. Move on.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... What do you say to your kids when they make mistakes?
Well back in my day we kicked their *****. Seldom did they make the same mistake twice. My three were never in trouble, all three are college educated, and they have grown up to be solid hardworking citizens.

H

HardRightEdge

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle players find this to be cause for celebration, they can have it as far as I'm concerned. This is the kind of sad and pitiful thing teams celebrate when they've never won a Superbowl. Also, consider the source...Richard Sherman...very good CB, class A knucklehead.

He is a yuck, but he makes me laugh a lot. Also Stanford graduate, dude is ridiculously intelligent and well spoken most of the time when he talks. Yes; he is a clown the other half of the time though.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also this happened last year. Let's focus on this year. Living in the past is never productive. Let that stuff die and we'll stop seeing things like this. I hate it as much as the next guy, maybe more since I saw it with my own eyes live at the CLink. But I'm not filled with vitriol over it, it is what it is and not amount of anything is going to change what happened.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Also this happened last year. Let's focus on this year. Living in the past is never productive. Let that stuff die and we'll stop seeing things like this. I hate it as much as the next guy, maybe more since I saw it with my own eyes live at the CLink. But I'm not filled with vitriol over it, it is what it is and not amount of anything is going to change what happened.
Unless of course you are trying to stick it to Viking fans about 4 Super Bowls. :D

H

HardRightEdge

He is a yuck, but he makes me laugh a lot. Also Stanford graduate, dude is ridiculously intelligent and well spoken most of the time when he talks. Yes; he is a clown the other half of the time though.

I thought the really smart guys drop out of Stanford. Or is that just the billionaires? ;)

Finley is actually intelligent and well spoken...so there we go.

Sherman's not happy unless he's getting under somebody's skin. His agent ought to let him know it can catch up with him around age 32 when he's shopping himself for a safety job after he's lost a step he can't afford to lose.

H

HardRightEdge

That's pretty good advice when it comes to things over which you have zero control...wasted energy. However, in real life, dealing with real people, if you take that attitude you'll end up being somebody's pin cushion.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty good advice when it comes to things over which you have zero control...wasted energy. However, in real life, dealing with real people, if you take that attitude you'll end up being somebody's pin cushion.

I disagree. For one this is something we all have zero control over. But also because the reaction/ rise is what is allowing for them to capitalize on and for Easley to monetize. Ignore trolls and they go away. You can't be a pincushion if you show that without a doubt the person registers a 0, or negative, on your give an eff scale. You only become the pincushion when you let them walk all over you, which in this case, I believe is exactly what giving them the time of day over this all is doing.

*also* Raptorman said that, not me.

Members online

Latest posts