Still hope... the Vikings lost as well

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And apparently, they played very poorly judging by the score. It was 3-9. It would have helped tremendously if we would have beaten the Bills, but we're still within reach.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not clear on what you mean. If we are talking playoffs, we would have to overtake the Bears. I don't think it does any good to finish in second in the Central division because the wildcard spots are at-large - we're not necessarily competing against the Vikings, we're competing against a bunch of other NFC teams who will likely have better records.
I certainly don't mean to sound pessimistic, and I may have misunderstood. Either way I'm rooting for the Pack and I still feel we can beat Minnesota. Heck, by the time the Bears roll back around, we might be able to beat them, too.

Come to think about it, you might have been referring to our chance to finish at or above .500 - which is a good goal to shoot for and I would say it is not out of reach. I think we are close to hitting our stride and will finish strong (which is much better than the other way around!)

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, you aren't even close to out of the playoff hunt.

Lets just (for arguments sake) say each current division leader takes his respective division crown. You have the Bears, Giants, Saints, and Seattle making it with 2 spots open.

You are battling it out with:
Dallas (4-4) rookie QB, NFL's biggest festering cancer
Philly (4-4) reeling team, on a 3 game losing streak, haviong problems vs the run
Washington (3-5) subpar QB play, struggling defense (albeit talented)
Minnestota (4-4) lost 2 straight, look shaky even when they win. Had their heart ripped out by Brady and the boys
Atlanta (5-3) pretty good all around team with the most maddeningly inconsistent QB in the NFL, no matter how explosive he is at times.
Carolina (4-4) Something is missing from the offense this year. This isnt a dominant team
St Louis (4-4) Do they really scare you? I mean there are some players for sure, but Im not exactly hiding under the covers cause the Rams are coming to town
San Fran (3-5) Haha, I put this one in purely for comedic value.

Anyway, you are exactly 1 game out of a wildcard birth. No one is running away with a wild card here have faith. The Pack have a great QB, and a solid run defense. That can take you a long way in the NFL. You definitely are in the playoff hunt in the NFC.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, that does make me feel a little better. Thanks for posting it with analysis. I'd love to see a strong finish for Green Bay, and let the chips fall where they may. Still half a season to go.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense looked very good, but the offense looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

How do we go into Seattle and win, then do nothing against the worst defense in the league?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense looked very good, but the offense looked as bad as I've ever seen it.

How do we go into Seattle and win, then do nothing against the worst defense in the league?

The same way we lose after racking up 480+ yards. Who the hell knows? It's a funny game sometimes.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Football is strange. How did the bears lose to the Dolphins? The important thing is you get hot and go on a streak. You are one game out of a playoff spot and the Pack is more than capable of stringing a few wins together.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC is wide open. We need to just stop shooting ouselves in the foot. Aside from the stupid turnovers we have kicked everybodys butt for a few weeks now.
We are way better on the defensive side and getting very consistant in the running game which SHOULD mean wins if we don't give them away.

There is no reason to give up on us yet. Now I know we lost to the Bills. But who would you rather be right now? The Bills who sucked out a game they should have clearly lost and are really struggling or the Packers who look like a team that only has to worry about themselves. They are handing it to the other team in all other areas.

If we don't beat ourselves we have a great shot at beating the Vikes! In fact the Vikes better hope we shoot ourselves in the foot again. They won't beat us if we don't.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Main if we would win games we should have we would be 6-2

The Saints up 13-0 and we had a great chance should have won
The Rams in field go range for atleast OT going for the win and everyone knows im still sick over it.
The Bills beat them up and down the field and to many mistakes or D forced like 10 punts in a row.

I think a lot of the games lost are due partly to youth because in each of those games we made critical mistakes that lost us the game, we basically gave those wins away.

Members online

Latest posts