Still alive at 1-5

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Apparently - I have asked the $64,000 question - and no one knows how to collect.

i have it tivo'd so ill see what was going on with neglecting the TE's in the second half...but, as musccy said earlier, the second half was over 2/3 pass to run. so it clearly wasn't a stubborn attempt to get the run game going.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
.. but did anyone else notice that they seemed to fall apart after Collins went out on Sunday? ...

Good point. In a Packer chat I read today, it was speculated that Bates might have had to go with a more simplified defense with Underwood in there who hasn't had much experience in games yet. That might explain fewer blitz packages and what not in the 2nd half.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez said:
Apparently - I have asked the $64,000 question - and no one knows how to collect.

i have it tivo'd so ill see what was going on with neglecting the TE's in the second half...but, as musccy said earlier, the second half was over 2/3 pass to run. so it clearly wasn't a stubborn attempt to get the run game going.

AG - can you burn copies of that...?

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible to keep passing until you "have to" run. The Eagles are currently doing that relatively successfully. If you do though you run the risk that the old Air Coryel did of a lot of 3 and outs leaving the defense on the field.

I do have to agree with Pack 66 on one thing. The 15 play script at the begining of the is done to check the defense, see what works, and use your best rehershed plays. There is not a good evaluation of those plays during the game.

Why not reduce it to 10 and then go to one of a few reaction group of plays.
Initial group then one of say the following:

Nickel attack
Blitz attack
8 in box attack (not likely)
Wide attack
Shallow attack
Long attack.

Self evaluation and anticipating how the other team will defend your offense can be done better. If a guard is getting blown up on the line and a back has to help why not more roll out plays?

A lot of the games have been spent running the script before getting to the productive plays late in the game.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez said:

AG - can you burn copies of that...?

i dont have the cables to take it from the DVR to my comp...no idea what i would need.

the best part about it is..it's the NFL ticket "shortcut" version. they go from one play directly to the next...only stopping for flags and occasional big play replays. you can watch an entire game in under 30 minutes!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i dont have the cables to take it from the DVR to my comp...no idea what i would need.
You'd need hardware not just cables. RCA cables should be all you need, possibly S-Video if your DVR box and video card are compatible.

Members online

Latest posts