Still a mess...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not fun for me to watch. Bordering on pitiful for most of the game. But we got ARod coming back and he makes a very big difference. I think we still need to take a chance and quit with the two deep safties. At least one has to come up and help out against 3rd down 1st downs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The 2nd INT was not a gift. It was the result of pressure that finally got to the QB as he was releasing the ball. Happens to every QB now and then. Wasn't just because he was a rookie.

It was a gift....from a rookie in my mind. Most QB's eat that ball, not throw it straight up in the air. Yes, we finally got pressure on him for I believe the first time in the game......but it was a jump ball to what.....5 Packers? I actually was surprised Jones came down with it, figured one of the other 4 Packers would knock it down.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what if it was an 0-12 (now 0-13 team). That game was a blast to watch. Go Pack!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a gift....from a rookie in my mind. Most QB's eat that ball, not throw it straight up in the air. Yes, we finally got pressure on him for I believe the first time in the game......but it was a jump ball to what.....5 Packers? I actually was surprised Jones came down with it, figured one of the other 4 Packers would knock it down.
you do realize his arm was hit as he threw it?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not fun for me to watch. Bordering on pitiful for most of the game. But we got ARod coming back and he makes a very big difference. I think we still need to take a chance and quit with the two deep safties. At least one has to come up and help out against 3rd down 1st downs.

Yes, the opponent wasn't good. I agree with that.

But if an unlikely Packers comeback was not fun for you, that's unfortunate man.

I thought it was a very fun game to watch during the comeback.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very hopeful Cleveland would find a way to lose, they did. Anyone who thinks this is an elite franchise is delusional. We are what we are, the best team in a historically ho-hum division that plays well in the regular season then melts down at some point in the playoffs. A team that gets embarrassed like we did against SF/Kapernek, torched by Atlanta last year, and melts down as they did against Seattle in the NFCCG has serious leadership issues. Until they're addressed we'll remain what we've been... a team that can get in the playoffs and hope they get "hot".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m more worried about our D not being able to slow the Eagles, Seattle etc..

I worry about being able to outrun Usain Bolt, then I wake up and realize I was dreaming. While AR would make a difference, I'm not so sure that there wouldn't be equal worry about our offense trying to keep up with 50% of the other teams in the league. I doubt Rodgers comes back in midseason form, of course, he will still get better results than Hundley.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't speak for HE, but your post made it sound like anyone who criticizes the Packer, even through constructive criticism, is a "fake Packer fan". I guess I could take the counter argument and say "anyone that is jumping for joy right now because the Packers just squeaked out a win against a team that has won 1 game in their last 32 is not a true fan of the game, but just a homer."

Maybe that wasn't the intent of your post?

I have no idea why HE responded to me. It was his first post in this thread and I didn't reply to him, but the OP posted this: "It took Incompetence to beat the worst team in the league...."

This was my question: If some of you live your regular lives in such negativity, I have only compassion for your families, coworkers and neighbors. I just don’t get how you go through life that way.

OP was talking to Nate. I responded and HE jumped in like he was the one talked to. If you (not you specifically, but you in general) are defensive about what I said, then you need to look in the mirror. I responded to the fake Packer fan that seemed to hate that we won. And if any of you fall into that category, then you fall into that category. We won. We won with a less than stellar QB but we won.

We are in this race. Maybe we won't make the playoffs, but we won, we did what we needed to today. If anyone can't enjoy that, that is just negativity. There is nothing else to call it. Sorry if anyone is hurt over this, but it is what it is.

And Packerbrat, that most certainly was not the intent of my post. I know I was long winded, but my whole point was that we won, we were not incompetent and anyone seeming to enjoy us losing or not winning big enough is a fake fan. But know this, I was jumping for joy when we pulled this out. I actually told my wife I wanted to see Callahan in the second half. But if anyone is not happy we won, then I consider them a fake fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was very hopeful Cleveland would find a way to lose, they did. Anyone who thinks this is an elite franchise is delusional. We are what we are, the best team in a historically ho-hum division that plays well in the regular season then melts down at some point in the playoffs. A team that gets embarrassed like we did against SF/Kapernek, torched by Atlanta last year, and melts down as they did against Seattle in the NFCCG has serious leadership issues. Until they're addressed we'll remain what we've been... a team that can get in the playoffs and hope they get "hot".
And THAT is with #12 playing at the top of his game. Hate to sound like a Debbie Downer, but to get excited about this team right now, just because they beat the Browns in OT, a team that has won 4 out of their last 50 games....well...I'm excited for one thing.....to see if Rodgers is THAT big of a difference playing on this current team, than when he is not playing.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have no idea why HE responded to me. It was his first post in this thread and I didn't reply to him, but the OP posted this: "It took Incompetence to beat the worst team in the league...."

This was my question: If some of you live your regular lives in such negativity, I have only compassion for your families, coworkers and neighbors. I just don’t get how you go through life that way.

OP was talking to Nate. I responded and HE jumped in like he was the one talked to. If you (not you specifically, but you in general) are defensive about what I said, then you need to look in the mirror. I responded to the fake Packer fan that seemed to hate that we won. And if any of you fall into that category, then you fall into that category. We won. We won with a less than stellar QB but we won.

We are in this race. Maybe we won't make the playoffs, but we won, we did what we needed to today. If anyone can't enjoy that, that is just negativity. There is nothing else to call it. Sorry if anyone is hurt over this, but it is what it is.

And Packerbrat, that most certainly was not the intent of my post. I know I was long winded, but my whole point was that we won, we were not incompetent and anyone seeming to enjoy us losing or not winning big enough is a fake fan. But know this, I was jumping for joy when we pulled this out. I actually told my wife I wanted to see Callahan in the second half. But if anyone is not happy we won, then I consider them a fake fan.

While I get what you are saying and appreciate the intent, like I said, a fan can LOVE its team and be a true fan while still being slightly or even highly critical of the team. How do you think Dorsey feels right now about his new Cleveland Browns team? Sure, in public and to his players and staff, he is probably trying to be upbeat, but behind closed doors, he has to be pretty critical or he wouldn't have been hired. I think you are mistaking critical thinking with irrational thinking. A true fan, with an eye to the future could have been hoping for a loss today, to improve draft position and possibly force the Packers into some needed changes (in that fans eyes). Just because you don't agree with that logic, doesn't make you a better fan, in my eyes. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So what if it was an 0-12 (now 0-13 team). That game was a blast to watch. Go Pack!

I take it you watched only the opening drive, 4th quarter and OT? ;) Everything in between was almost about as much fun as a root canal.

I actually was more entertained keeping an eye on the Buffalo-Indy game.....now THAT was a blast to watch.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
you do realize his arm was hit as he threw it?
Yes and you do realize he never should have been in a throwing motion when his arm was hit ;) I watched the play back several times, even the announcers concurred, Kizer should never have tried to put that ball up. Turned into a good play on the Packers side, but still a costly gift/mistake by a rookie QB. I am guessing somewhere if there is still a Cleveland Browns Fan Forum, the 3 people left on it are pinning Kizer with a "Stud and Dud" tag after that game and the Dud was for his 2 interceptions.

Reaction score
IDK. I’m like everyone we looked pitiful at times.. especially our Defense early on, but the bottom line is we found a way to Win.
Anyone can say it’s a gift, but call it what you may,, that’s 2 gifts in a row and Brett Hundley has officially won more OT games than Aaron Rodgers at 2-0 and that’s impressive for this young kid who had turned into sorta a clutch 4th quarter QB.
I’m most concerned with our D secondary it’s getting pretty thin and looking like 2016 all over again. I’m just hoping they gradually improve as they get experience.
If we can go toe to toe with Steelers at Heinz, I think we can mustard up a Win over the Panthers.;)

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has proven he can win games. Not saying his performances weren't lackluster, but he won games and that is the only thing that matters. When Rodgers returns and if this team doesn't win games with him, it falls on coaching. End of story. Anything less than 3 wins with Rodgers at the helm should result in at least McCarthy being shown the door. Am I overreacting? Absolutely not.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m most concerned with our D secondary it’s getting pretty thin and looking like 2016 all over again. I’m just hoping they gradually improve as they get experience.

I appreciate yours and everyone else's optimism, I really do.....not just blowing Green and Gold Sunshine up your lobes. ;)

But take that statement I just quoted and think long and hard about it and the last how many games/seasons. I might as well say, "as long as Capers figures things out, we should be good to go."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hundley has proven he can win games. Not saying his performances weren't lackluster, but he won games and that is the only thing that matters. When Rodgers returns and if this team doesn't win games with him, it falls on coaching. End of story. Anything less than 3 wins with Rodgers at the helm should result in at least McCarthy being shown the door. Am I overreacting? Absolutely not.

Games against.....Da Bears, Da Browns and Da Buccaneers. That doesn't impress me much that a supposed Super Bowl caliber team, can pull off close wins over the bottom dwellers with their #2 QB. Call it a break by the scheduling gods, but without Rodgers, this really isn't a very good team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers comes back (if he does)... to face the Panthers... then the Vikings... Not the Bears , Buccaneers, and Browns.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
97 team lost to the 0 and 15 colts?
Actually, the 97 Colts were 0-10 when they beat the Packers, and they finished with a record of 3-13. I know this because I live in Indiana, and as a known Packer fan, I took SO much crap over that game: "The Super Bowl champs couldn't beat the Colts". I wasn't even that surprised that they lost that game, because I knew that team did not play as well on artificial turf, and they played even worse in domes. But all the Colts fans who knew me thought it was hilarious. Looking back in hindsight, that loss to a winless Colts team was a foreshadowing of their loss in the Super Bowl that year.

Sorry but my expectations are a SB calibre team every season. Lombardi set that standard
A lot of people would consider that unrealistic, but Belichick also sets that kind of standard. If he can do it, why can't somebody else? To me, if you don't at least aspire to that standard, why are you even in the NFL?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta be lucky. Can you be happy Rodgers has a shot to come back and salvage this mess.
Of course he can't. It would spoil his ultimate dream of firing TT and MM. And winning the SB would be even worse because they might even keep DC if that happens!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The mark of a great team is overcoming adversity. We did that today with our #2 QB and Cleveland wanted to win that game badly.
Hundley is starting to bring it thrtecwere at least 3 dropped passes and on that final TD throw... that was money
I’m more worried about our D not being able to slow the Eagles, Seattle etc..
This is true. But with Rodgers, our O can light them up too. Championships have been won without good defense, if the offense is good enough, but I'm not sure I've seen it the other way around. At least not in the modern NFL.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If that was a vet QB he probably would of taken the Sack and punted the ball. Heaving the ball up like that will lead to INT.

Reaction score
Call it a break by the scheduling gods, but without Rodgers, this really isn't a very good team.
In the 4 games we lost we played the Lions, the Saints, The Steelers, and the Ravens.
The fact is Hundley is a young and relatively inexperienced QB.
Those 4 QBs have started a total of 714 career games and 3 of them have Super Bowl rings. The other guy? Is the highest paid player to ever play the game in the history of the NFL!!
Oh. They have a combined 188,120 passing yards!! 1 8 8 1 2 0
In comparison Hundley has started 7 games and had 1,286 yards (technically he was between 0-1000 total career yards during all 4 losses)
Their teams combined current record as of now are 33-17 and are at .66 Win percentage. That’s essentially an average record of an 11-5 team.
So Hundley played 4 playoff caliber strength teams in his 1st 5 starts of his career and lost.
When he played the teams that were average of below average? He won them. All 3 Games
I don’t see this team as some anomaly as you do because we are led by Brett Hundley. IMO He did exactly what most average QBs would’ve done with a 20 something ranked Defense helping him (if we call it that)
I don’t understand what everyone expects of this kid but it’s totally unreasonable IMO.
btw, I disagree with you., this 2017 team isn’t a very good team WITH Aaron Rodgers.
Aaron is a great player that makes this squad (and coaches) look better than they are.
It’s also a dangerous move to put Aaron back under center this soon after this operation and I don’t need an X-ray or a Medical License to come to that conclusion.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts