Steve Smith suggested trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Smith reminds me of Andre Rison. He's kind of a bad-*** guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder, but he's a really good player who despite a few lockerroom incidents has generally been a good person. He's not coming here though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith has 41 receptions for 588 yards and 3 TDs in 2015, so there´s no doubt he´s still capable of playing at a high level this season. He would be a rental player only for some regular season games and the playoffs, there wouldn´t be any reason to worry about age catching up with him after this year.

I didn't say he couldn't still go out and play at a good level, no question about that. But I am saying at an older age injuries will take a heavier toll on you, esp back injuries like the one he suffered against Pitt. That's just how it goes in football.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd suspect if anyone throws the bank at him, it'd be New England just because they do seem to be about going and grabbing stars that don't have a complete team surrounding them, aka Randy Moss and Chad Ochocinco. But not us.
Those were both very team friendly financial situations for the pats if memory serves correct. They really seem to stay away from those huge contracts if possible

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did outbid the Packers for Moss, but it was more of a case of whom is more stingy. I guess that we won

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The fans would have loved him once he donned the green and gold. We probably have another Lombardi in the trophy case if we had traded for him.

I was a MASSIVE fan of Randy Moss myself.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did outbid the Packers for Moss, but it was more of a case of whom is more stingy. I guess that we won
Thats actually incorrect, the Packers had a deal for Randy but they couldnt agree with Randy as he wanted a 1 year deal so he could hit FA

Brett offered to take less money in 07 for Randy too, thats how bad he wanted him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So after 07 Randy hit the market as he had agreed with the Pats.... Packers were now one of a handful of teams to have serious interest in Randy yet again. Randy resigned March 3rd with the Pats. Favre "retired" March 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts