Step up to the plate

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK guys, I posed this to a couple guys before but now I will ask the entire board. I think everybody knows where each other stands on Sherman but I'd like to do an informal survey.

If Brett Favre stated that he would definately return if Sherman was there for another year or two and that he would definately retire if Sherman is fired....what would you want to see happen? Would you want Sherman back? No if/ands or buts....step up to the plate. Another year or two watching Favre or getting a new headcoach.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack:

Does his lapdog Rossley factor into the equation?

Well kids..hold on to your skivvies....

I say bring back Sherman...(man..was that hard to type...)

When he retires...Favre will be gone for a long..long time...forever..and who knows if GB will ever have another like him..(unlikely)

...and considering the fact that if he did finally get higher quality receiving talent around him, a decent o-line, and a runner who can get 75+ yards a game..i think Brett could take this team to the SB..next year or the year after...(it could happen that fast...unlike it would with a developing rookie!)

-Hell...if Rossley's gone..maybe even Sherman couldn't screw it up...(but i doubt it..)

Yes..DePack...Favre could get it done even in spite of Sherman...

yeah..bring him back...(damn..that doesn't get any easier to type!)

but first i would ask Favre if he was sure there wasn't some coach out there..(ANYONE) that he would be willing to adapt to..because man..you know he'd have be better than Sherman!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
DePack:

When he retires...Favre will be gone for a long..long time...forever..and who knows if GB will ever have another like him..(unlikely)

...and considering the fact that if he did finally get higher quality receiving talent around him, a decent o-line, and a runner who can get 75+ yards a game..i think Brett could take this team to the SB..next year or the year after...(it could happen that fast...unlike it would with a developing rookie!)

-Hell...if Rossley's gone..maybe even Sherman couldn't screw it up...(but i doubt it..)

but i would ask Favre if there wasn't some coach out there that he would be willing to adapt to..because man..you know he'd be better than Sherman!

Hahaha - I'm proud of you 66...takes a real man to face up to his problems. Just like alcoholics anonymous, this was the first step to becoming a complete PACKER FAN and not just #4 FAN...(just kidding)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truth is that you have to begin to think about the future of the franchise. I happen to believe we're better with Brett, especially when he has his full assortment of weapons. Let's not forget however, that this offense, with full weapons was awful at the beginning of this year as well as last year. That has nothing to do with the talent it has to do with how the talent is coached and prepared. Simply put the coach must go. If Brett chooses to retire that's his business, but this franchise will not win get better under Mike Sherman. I don't believe he can coach this team with the talent it has. The problem is that the majority of the talent is talent he drafted or picked up.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
DePack:

but first i would ask Favre if he was sure there wasn't some coach out there..(ANYONE) that he would be willing to adapt to..because man..you know he'd have be better than Sherman!

Pack66

WOW!

I am impressed!

And it isn't even the New Year!

Whoever your new counselor is, I'd keep him/her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPBprez Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: Step up to the plate

Okay Hondos - Which OC out there is a John Wayne Stud?

I'd say go get Nolan Cromwell from Seattle and make HIM the OC

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
DePack:

:shock: :shock: ... Damn 66..... well all i can say to your post is... :joy:

If that was the case, I would keep MS. Hopefully TR gets fired or retires.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
If Brett Favre stated that he would definately return if Sherman was there for another year or two and that he would definately retire if Sherman is fired....what would you want to see happen? Would you want Sherman back? No if/ands or buts....step up to the plate. Another year or two watching Favre or getting a new headcoach.

Well this is a 'what if' cuz Brett never said Sherman's status in GB played that much of a role in his retiring or coming back, he merely said it was a factor which there are many he considers when making the decision. Knowing that fact I'd have to say who ever is calling the plays for Offense needs to go. I think Brett is good for another year or two.

Tough question to answer without knowing who is drawing up the plays and calling them. Sherman has said he was calling them but I think there was a large difference in the play calling after Rossley was in the hospital last year as opposed to the plays being called this year.

Bah I have no clue lol

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
If Brett Favre stated that he would definately return if Sherman was there for another year or two and that he would definately retire if Sherman is fired.

If Brett made that statement I would say he just proved to me he no longer loves playing the game, becuase if he loved playing the game it would not matter.

I would say: Brett I wish you well... The memories you gave me will be cherished.... Now... Get the hell off my team... becuase I am going to be a Packer Fan long after you have left the game and every season we need a QB that is commited to the game or there will be no season so to speak.

There are no conditions in commitment. You are either commited or you are not.

RP

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
This is tough b/c I really hate Sherman and I really love Favre.

I guess I shouldn't even be responding b/c I can't make up my mind. Sometimes I feel it would be best for the organization to move on next year, but I'm not quite ready to end the Favre era. Damn these sentimental emotions.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeeeeep these hands in GB :!: :!: :!:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TE- coach of the pack, mini camp 1998

okay keep him also. :wink:

BUT we hope to see them this way in 2006!!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Keep Sherman, fire Rosley. When Rosley was gone last year, and Sherman did almost all of the play calling, our team did much better. Keep Brett and MS

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys and gals...thanks for your answers. It just shows you how much Favre is revered (rightfully so). Way to many ifs and buts but great feedback. I know Favre never was that adament about it....it was a "what if" scenario.

Kudos go out to Pack66 for stepping up to the plate. Being a fellow Favre fanatic, I knew it would be hard to not want to watch him play a couple more years. Like I said before Pack66, if the shoe was on the other foot and Favre said he would only stay if Sherman is fired, I'd help Mike pack. Favre truly is bigger than anything on the Packers since Lombardi.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent Post by many on this topic. The problems with this year was not Packer president, GM, head coach, Assistant coaches, as the"blame gamers" postings repeatly howl about on Packer forums !! . The Packer organiztion is professional and has done a fine job over the last 13 years. The record since 1993 show this 127 wins-65 losses- 20 postseason games- winning 11 losing 9 including two Super Bowls , winning one. This is best winning record of any NFL Franchise from 1993 to 2004. There are many things to consider for problems this year. Injuries to many key offensive players, loss of 4 key players to other teams because of Salary cap/free agency considerations, and drafting in the high rounds of NFL draft for over a decade. The problem with the Packer team from ouset of the season was the offensive line, loss of Wahle, Rivera due to salary cap considerations, and not quiite recovered from last years injury -Flannagan. The players that were brought in were not as effective as Wahle, Rivera and healthy Flannagan and Packers are still trying to find the right combinations in offensive line at this late date in the season. , On top of offensive problems, the Packer hired a new Defensive co-ordinator Jim Bates who installed a new defense . There has been much improvement in the defense this year but room for more improvement. Packer Rookies, 1st year players, 2 year players and 3rd year players are getting much playing time this year and this experience will help them next year. However with all these inexperience players, there are breakdowns at the most crucial times this year. With all injured players becoming healthy for next year, more experience young players coming back next year, a new crop of low round draft choices coming in will allow much improvement in Packer team. Also it is predicted there will be much more freed up salary cap money in '06 that was not available in '05. Hopefully things will turn around very quickly. Such as happen to other teams like the Chargers who finished 4-12 in '03 and 12-4 in '04 and Pittsburgh who had poor season in '03 and finished 15-1 in '04 and there are other teams who turned things around in one year!! It should be an interesting off season and '06 season for the Packer organization and Packer fans. It will not be boring!! Keep the Faith Packer fans,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts