Step into the Lambeau time machine...

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If by some quirk of fate, you could go back in time and be transported to Lambeau field, and actually be able to be on the Packers sidelines...what game would it be?

I am guessing the majority will say the Ice Bowl game, but for me it would be the 1965 Championship game between Green Bay and the Cleveland Browns played on Jan. 2, 1966. I refer to it as the "Mud Bowl" , Hornung went for 97,Taylor for 103 as the Packers won 23 -12. It was the last game for "Thunder & Lightning" and the great Jim Brown. So, c'mon, step inside and pick a game....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I donno if I'd want to go back to the Ice Bowl. I was a kid back then and my parents wouldn't let me go and I'm glad they didn't. My husband went with his Dad and froze his feet! (his feet can get cold very easily even to this day!)

One of my favorite games that I'd like to relive was the "Instant Replay Game" against Chicago in 1989. My hubby and I were sitting in section 24 (now 124) - my Dad's seats - so that last play was right in front of us. I'll never forget the euphoria of that crowd when the umpire signaled TD to Sharpe! Back in those days we didn't win a lot of games for many years until that season with the 'Cardiac Pack'.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Green_Bay_Packers_season]1989 Green Bay Packers season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
'96 NFC Championship. How effing awesome would it be to be on the field as the clock ticks down and then the celebration breaks out because we're going to the Super Bowl?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ice Bowl. Greatest comeback in greatest stadium in the greatest NFL Championship in the worst weather in the history of the NFL.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts