1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Step into the Lambeau time machine...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, May 18, 2010.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    If by some quirk of fate, you could go back in time and be transported to Lambeau field, and actually be able to be on the Packers sidelines...what game would it be?

I am guessing the majority will say the Ice Bowl game, but for me it would be the 1965 Championship game between Green Bay and the Cleveland Browns played on Jan. 2, 1966. I refer to it as the "Mud Bowl" , Hornung went for 97,Taylor for 103 as the Packers won 23 -12. It was the last game for "Thunder & Lightning" and the great Jim Brown. So, c'mon, step inside and pick a game....

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Green Bay Vs New York Giants, I would replace Favre and then beat New England in the Superbowl :D

3. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I donno if I'd want to go back to the Ice Bowl. I was a kid back then and my parents wouldn't let me go and I'm glad they didn't. My husband went with his Dad and froze his feet! (his feet can get cold very easily even to this day!)

One of my favorite games that I'd like to relive was the "Instant Replay Game" against Chicago in 1989. My hubby and I were sitting in section 24 (now 124) - my Dad's seats - so that last play was right in front of us. I'll never forget the euphoria of that crowd when the umpire signaled TD to Sharpe! Back in those days we didn't win a lot of games for many years until that season with the 'Cardiac Pack'.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Green_Bay_Packers_season]1989 Green Bay Packers season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm with OldSchoolFan, it would've been the Browns game...

5. Pacifus

Pacifus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go with the Seattle Divisional playoff game from the 07-08 season. Which should have been Favre's last win.

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    '96 NFC Championship. How effing awesome would it be to be on the field as the clock ticks down and then the celebration breaks out because we're going to the Super Bowl?

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Ice Bowl. Greatest comeback in greatest stadium in the greatest NFL Championship in the worst weather in the history of the NFL.
    [​IMG]

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think it would be fun to be at the first Lombardi practice.