Steelers = THIEVES!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
There is only one Lambeau Leap
Steel yourself for this: Pittsburgh running back Najeh Davenport, who started his career with the Packers, has stolen the Lambeau Leap.

Oh, he's smart enough to have renamed it -- the Heinz Field Hop -- and patented the name, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He did the Hop twice after scoring touchdowns during Sunday's 21-0 win over the Seattle Seahawks.

That still doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Fellow Steelers running back Willie Parker is among those not amused.

"It's the Heinz Field Leap, Hop, something? I'm like, 'Go back to Green Bay with that, boy. I won't do that. I'll be too tired to jump up in the stands and all that," Parker told the Pittsburgh paper.

Nor is Post-Gazette writer Ed Bouchette, who added: "If Davenport wants to continue it, he should at least get more alliteration into it. If it's the Lambeau Leap and not the Lambeau Field Leap, then it should be the Heinz Hop."

Nor is a fan who posted this in an online chat with Bouchette: "If he must, can you please ask Najeh to come up with a better name than that?"

Bouchette's response: "How about just not doing it. That's a Green Bay thing, not a Pittsburgh thing."

Najeh, Najeh, Najeh, what is your problem!!

Reaction score
Did anyone actually see it?

I swear ****** looked like he was trying to do his best imitation of Spider-man.

That "leap" took a ton of effort what with ****** trying to pull himself up via the railings, and I'm not sure how many other plays would be willing to put in that much effort after a long run.

PS - Heinz Field Hop? Seriously that is just terrible.

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of the gillette jump too.
If they're going to do it (out of respect) it should still be called the Lambeau Leap. I get a kick out of hearing it called a Lambeau Leap when it's done by a diffrent team in a diffrent stadium.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Did anyone actually see it?

I swear ****** looked like he was trying to do his best imitation of Spider-man.

That "leap" took a ton of effort what with ****** trying to pull himself up via the railings, and I'm not sure how many other plays would be willing to put in that much effort after a long run.

PS - Heinz Field Hop? Seriously that is just terrible.

I seen the leap that Davenport did, I even told my hubby who is a Steelers fan "hes doing the lambeau leap...lol...But if he wants to do that, then he should, hes just excited making touchdowns is all...

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Doug Gottlieb ( ESPN ) say that suddenly Najeh is the second coming of The Bus. Well, with great blocking and some space, he's pretty good because he's big. Remember 3 or 4 years ago when GB had that awesome running game? He averaged about 5 YPC. How about the game against the Lambs on MNF, didn't he have about 180 yards rushing? Just sayin'.....

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Najeh is not a great running back. He's a good running back when healthy. The problem with him in GB was he couldn't stay healthy and then when the ZBS was installed he couldn't grasp the one-cut-go concept.

I liked him and thought he was going to be pretty good for us, but if you can't stay on the field, you're wasting a roster spot. (see R. Ferguson)

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Najeh is not a great running back. He's a good running back when healthy. The problem with him in GB was he couldn't stay healthy and then when the ZBS was installed he couldn't grasp the one-cut-go concept.

I liked him and thought he was going to be pretty good for us, but if you can't stay on the field, you're wasting a roster spot. (see R. Ferguson)

yup thats pretty much the deal with Davenport. I was starting to feel Wynn might be the next Davenport with his early season health issues but im hoping he can prove me wrong. Getting cramps in the first quarter bemuses me abit though. We'll see i guess :)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davenport is playing well for the Steelers and hasnt been out I dont think since they have him on their roster. He has made some critical plays for them. Your right about him always being hurt when he played for the packers. But seems hes been pretty healthy now.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Great ******.

****** GETS CHARGED

Despite prior reports that the man who once dropped a warm tamale in a clothes hamper wasn't in hot water over a domestic incident involving the mother of his child, Steelers running back Najeh Davenport now faces three misdemeanor charges.

According to Fox 8 in Cleveland, Davenport faces charges of domestic violence, endangering children, and unlawful restraint.

Davenport has not yet been taken into custody, and will be given an opportunity to turn himself in.

The Steelers are idle in Week Six, and return to action on October 21 at Denver.

And, most importantly, the incident results in nine points for the Steelers in the Turd Watch "game," and it re-sets the "days without an arrest" counter, only two days after it ventured back into double digits.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Davenport is playing well for the Steelers and hasnt been out I dont think since they have him on their roster. He has made some critical plays for them. Your right about him always being hurt when he played for the packers. But seems hes been pretty healthy now.[/quote

He has been out, and while not a sever injuries like he had here, he has had more injuries..

Calf, hamstring, knee

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of the gillette jump too.
If they're going to do it (out of respect) it should still be called the Lambeau Leap. I get a kick out of hearing it called a Lambeau Leap when it's done by a diffrent team in a diffrent stadium.

I'd love to know who called something the "Gillette Jump" cuz I've never heard a player say anything like that... If someone did say it, it's stupid. It was probably some ******* fan that came up with that. Yuck.

Members online

Latest posts