Steelers' Pouncey Out vs Packers in SB

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will effect their protections, the dude's first start is going to be in a SUPERBOWL

No, Legursky has started some games this year. I think it was 3 or 4. It's not like the guy doesn't have talent. He does, but like you stated, calling the protection has me worried.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In truth,

I think that Legursky will line up better against the Packers D than he would against quite a few other teams. The main reason, is size vs. mobility. Legursky is bigger and not as mobile as Pouncey. Playing a 4-3 would hurt us more because Leg. would have to account for stunts and move quickly to pick up inside blitzes.

In the 3-4 schemes, Leg. has to worry about 2 things. 1. The NT. 2. Who's coming through the A gaps if the NT stunts. Leg. is strong. Strong enough, IMO. to limit Raji from taking over the game-or affecting play-calling any more than what would have been done with Pouncey.

Where missing Pouncey is going to hurt us, is 1. The run game. Pouncey is VERY often seen 15, 20, 30 yards up field throwing other blocks. Leg. doesn't have the speed. 2. As said before, calling the protections. However, with 2 weeks of preparation for 1 team, and the extra work he is putting in, I don't look for that to be as much of a problem either.

I just hope that the 1 or 2 mistakes he'll probably make will either be turned positive by Ben or Mendy, or will at worst end up being neutral.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys can hate me for saying this, but I don't want their best, i want their worst. I want a SB so bad for these guys and I want the monkey of Arod's back. Use the rest of his career to get the "tough" SB's, this one i want in the bag.

16 on IR.

I don't feel bad for anyone else's injuries.

Sorry.

IMO, teams hire conditioning coaches, trainers, and backup players for these situations. There is no reason why "This person was out" should be an excuse. If a team is just good enough from top to bottom to make it to the SB, but is weak in depth, and that comes back to bite them in the SB, then the other team has taken advantage of a problem with the team. It is the exact same thing has picking on a CB having a bad day, or a RT that struggles in the run game.

You line up your 22 best who are healthy, and have at it for 60 minutes. No excuses.

If the Pack wins, I'll come in and give you a congrats... regardless of who was or was not injured.

Members online

Latest posts