1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steele>>>>Walking Papers? and other camp tidbits

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by arrowgargantuan, Jun 4, 2005.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    not a lot of Steele fans in here...maybe the writings on the wall or maybe this is pointless conjecture.

Notebook: Steele

2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The few times Steele played, it seemed like he'd find a way to get open, but then would drop an easy pass. The guy looks like he has some tools physically, but if he can't ever hold onto the ball he won't be any good to us.

It's frustrating that the last few years it seems like we'd always have a TE in camp that has some potential, but none of them ever seem to step up to become a solid contributor behind Franks.

3. Bettie_Page

Bettie_Page Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Only One Of Our TEs Would Learn To Catch A Pass. Geez We May Have To Throw The Ball To Barry Stokes The Way Things Are Going. I Expected More From Steele, Sean McHugh And Esp. David Martin This Year. It Might Be Martin's Last Camp With The Packers. Sherman Is Gonna Blow A Gasket Before The Season Starts.

4. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Naw you guys i'd cut Steele cause he'll be no help if he cannot catch passes, and cut Sean Mchugh just because i think David Martin is better then both of them. Maybe have Garret Cross as the third stringer.

5. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am donning my flame proof hat as I say this....I like Steele, I think this guy has the potential he just needs to package it all together, he will get over the dropsies as he works on it more.

Later
    Leopardmech

6. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But if he cant catch a pass from Nall, Rodgers or O' Sullivan then how can he catch a non bullet pass from Favre?

7. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that it is something that he needs to work on but I believe if he puts in the effort that he will learn to catch those bullets.

Later
    Leopardmech

8. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping the Packers were going to sign Freddie Jones from the Cardinals. He's not the greatest blocker, but I think he's a better receiving TE than Franks. They could have formed a good TE due. The Packers had him in for a visit a couple of months ago, but then never pursued him very hard. I wish they had after reading how our current TEs are dropping so many passes. Hopefully one of them eventually steps up.