Stay classy Chicago fans

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well played Chicago Bears for putting a stop to this from the start. There`s no need for unkind remarks to a young woman.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Truly, the Packers have the only 'real' cheerleaders in the NFL in my opinion. I'm of the opinion that the other teams with cheerleading squads have actually employed professional dance teams...and I'll let it go at that. I think the Steelers have NO cheerleaders or professional dance teams. Do professional dance teams actually spur the crowd to yell louder? Is that even their purpose for being there? Those ladies, again, in my opinion, are there to smile HUGE smiles whenever the television camera is in the area. I always thought they were using that professional dancer thing as a potential stepping stone to a modeling career or some other 'bigger' gig.

That's ok ... I don't have a problem with narcissistic eye-candy - just don't call them cheerleaders - that's not even close to their purpose.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
True I guess not ALL are trash... And the POTUS obviously doesnt know football!!!

...and really, they're only trash when they're at Lambeau or at Soldier Field...or in Door County...or northern Wisconsin...or on Wisconsin highways.... :) ... or, buying up land in a State that they so deride, yet clog the streets with blue and white license plates every weekend. Old joke: What separates a Cheesehead from a d*ckhead? A -- The State line. :)

I dated a girl from Sturgeon Bay while in college and she used to say that it would be nice if F-I-S-H ('friggin' Illinois sh*t heads) would just send their money up to Door County by mail, and then stay home. Used to kill me because I NEVER heard a vulgarity come out of that girl's mouth.

I

I was kinda forced to go and see the Bears play at Wembley a couple of years ago with a Redskins fan, wearing a Steeler shirt,(He didn`t like the Redskins uniform ????), anyway, proudly wearing my green I struck up a conversation with a decent enough Bears fan who asked if I would be supporting the Bears as 1. he hated the Steelers (new blood ?), and 2. he had cheered for us in the superbowl. I said it was unlikely, but I`d try as he was so polite. I am PROUD to admit, the moment the 1st Bear uniform appeared out of the tunnel, I was on my feet screaming abuse at them. The guy just laughed and said "You REALLY REALLY tried there, didn`t you ?" I was partially ashamed, and bought him a beer later.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kinda forced to go and see the Bears play at Wembley a couple of years ago with a Redskins fan, wearing a Steeler shirt,(He didn`t like the Redskins uniform ????), anyway, proudly wearing my green I struck up a conversation with a decent enough Bears fan who asked if I would be supporting the Bears as 1. he hated the Steelers (new blood ?), and 2. he had cheered for us in the superbowl. I said it was unlikely, but I`d try as he was so polite. I am PROUD to admit, the moment the 1st Bear uniform appeared out of the tunnel, I was on my feet screaming abuse at them. The guy just laughed and said "You REALLY REALLY tried there, didn`t you ?" I was partially ashamed, and bought him a beer later.

You should tell us more about the game ... I bet most fans here would be interested in how the game was in London

I

Ilive in hope that the Packers will grace us with a visit some day. I`m going to Lambeau again for my 60th birthday.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ilive in hope that the Packers will grace us with a visit some day. I`m going to Lambeau again for my 60th birthday.

Doubt it man, you would essentially be taking $$$ away from Green Bay and the organization. Flying our team overseas will make $$$ for the NFL indeed and some for the London folks, but if that was supposed to be a home game for the packers, that would screw a lot of people over. Even if it was an away game it would screw people over.....I know that it's about $1000 bucks to fly to london and back....F*CK THAT. I don't think we will see a team based out of London or any place in Europe, it's just not a proper structure. Who the hell would want to fly 8+ hours one way to play there as the away team? Talk about jet lag......

Glad you are coming to see the pack play here in GB, that should be a great time for ya.

I

Doubt it man, you would essentially be taking $$$ away from Green Bay and the organization. Flying our team overseas will make $$$ for the NFL indeed and some for the London folks, but if that was supposed to be a home game for the packers, that would screw a lot of people over. Even if it was an away game it would screw people over.....I know that it's about $1000 bucks to fly to london and back....F*CK THAT. I don't think we will see a team based out of London or any place in Europe, it's just not a proper structure. Who the hell would want to fly 8+ hours one way to play there as the away team? Talk about jet lag......

Glad you are coming to see the pack play here in GB, that should be a great time for ya.

Done it once already Osh, but only another 5 years until another....lol I agree with everything you say though, it will be HIGHLY unlikely that the Pack will grace us with a visit, although I`VE travelled to Green Bay, so they OWE me one :D. I do admit though, we will never have a franchise here in the U.K. as the logistics of travel is not feasable.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I am glad you are a big enough fan to travel such a distance and spend so much cash just to see your favorite team play. That says a lot about loyalty right there.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm against the Packers ever taking a home game from Lambeau to another country. Best that you travel to Lambeau and see the game in a real football stadium.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the clubs get compensated by the league because of the missed revenue. But the city would still suffer.

I

I'm against the Packers ever taking a home game from Lambeau to another country. Best that you travel to Lambeau and see the game in a real football stadium.
I already have. I said in a previous post.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL does somewhat compensate a NFL home team for some lost revenue because of moving their
h ome game to London.

Here in Green Bay, the community would have their businesses lose estimated $8M in revenue for lost weekend game in Green B ay. This would be a great loss especially to the hotel and hospitality businesses suc h as Bars, Sports Bars,Restaurants. con venient store/ Gas Stations and retail stores. etc) in the NFL smallest market city -Green Bay .

Charities,Churches and other non profit orgnizations would lose revenue if Packers moved home games to London. These organizations provide the volunteer workers who provide the help at the concessions stands at Lambeau Field for percentage of profits of Lambeau Field concessions stands.

Thus the Green B ay Packers have not offer to let the Packers to go over to London to play a Packer home game over there.

I

The NFL does somewhat compensate a NFL home team for some lost revenue because of moving their
h ome game to London.

Here in Green Bay, the community would have their businesses lose estimated $8M in revenue for lost weekend game in Green B ay. This would be a great loss especially to the hotel and hospitality businesses suc h as Bars, Sports Bars,Restaurants. con venient store/ Gas Stations and retail stores. etc) in the NFL smallest market city -Green Bay .

Charities,Churches and other non profit orgnizations would lose revenue if Packers moved home games to London. These organizations provide the volunteer workers who provide the help at the concessions stands at Lambeau Field for percentage of profits of Lambeau Field concessions stands.

Thus the Green B ay Packers have not offer to let the Packers to go over to London to play a Packer home game over there.

I wouldn`t want the city to suffer, so maybe it would have to be as the visiting team. I KNOW they would get a warm welcome from the UK fans as all teams before. The Packer fan base in the UK is huge.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts