Stay Brett Stay....not

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently there's a move afoot to have some of the game attendees chant "Stay Brett Stay" during the "Go Pack Go" cheer.

I put this reply on another board where a bunch of folks were saying they were going to do that...
---
One question all of you wanting Brett to return should ask is.....why do I want Brett to return?

If you think that his returning will somehow make next year better, you might be very mistaken. He will be 37 in October. George Blanda played until he was almost 50, but until the last few years, he was a backup with little wear and tear. Vinnie and Flutie are still playing, but are they really any good?
Regardless of who will coach the team next year, expect maybe 2-3 more victories with Favre, about the same number as this year without him. Either way, this will not be a playoff team for at least two years, with or without Favre. Several scouts have noted he looks like he's lost more than a little.
Aaron Rodgers is the future of the team, at least for now.

Is this team capable of a Super Bowl run next year? If you honestly believe that, then I have some great land in Florida. If you believe they will be bad again next year(as I do) why would Brett come back to experience more of this year? The only reason I see him returning is if he felt the team had a legit chance to make a deep playoff run. Please, will all of you raise your hand who believe that?

Brett might still just want to play, even if the team stinks. But he's avoided injury(mostly) this year. Next year he could be hurt, and would that be a good way to go out?

He's already received enough money to live on comfortably for a couple lifetimes.

You must realize that 30 interceptions(the next closest QB has 17) are an indicator that it is near the end of the line. I watched great QB's....Bart Starr....John Unitas....Joe Namath....hang on a year or two too long and it tarnished their careers.

The folks who want him to 'stay' are merely doing it for sentitmental reasons. Last time I checked, sentimentality gets you defeated in the NFL.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I belive the Pack will finish anywhere from 10-6 to 13 and three next year. With Favre with Rodgers 8 and 8 to 10 and 6. Bretts struggles this year are directly correlated to a running game.

And net see my ******** and guru post *

If Brett retires so be it I dont feel the last 14 years can be tarnished by a bad year

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to ask how many times Favre was intercepted on Driver's routes?

While some of the INTs were truly bad throws (a few desparation tosses as well) I feel the majority of them were due to inexperienced receivers not being where they were supposed to be when the ball got there.

I'm not one to blindly say "Brett should stay" because he has a cute butt or something but I don't feel he has lost anything except for the team around him. Any QB, even the greatest, can only carry a mediocre team so far.

I would love to see him keep playing and I do think he will choose to - unless he doesn't see that the team is going to make moves toward improvement. Not that he can expect an 11-5 turnaround but at least something more respectable than this season. I think Sherman will stay as well.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net..as usual you are wrong..wrong..WRONG!

I know you think you're connected in the nfl and have some kind of inside information and scouts who think Brett has lost it..but that is absolute ********..my friend...

The problem is..that this team is coached by a bunch of ASSCLOWNS...

and if TT doesn't sign some talented, experienced FA's at receiver and shore up the O-Line..then it is on TT and NOT Favre...Gado might do at RB..

But you keep backing Big Nurse..the champion of mediocrity..(Sherman) and TT if he wants to sign nothing but unproven college players and you will see the Pack in the cellar for quite awhile...but perhaps that is what you would prefer...

Or perhaps..you would prefer to see (Igor) Rossley stalking the sidelines as HC of the Packers...running up those stats with the run and shoot but getting nowhere fast...

It's simple..build a team around Favre and you can go to the championship...choose not too...and watch SherRossley turn the Pack into the St. Louis Cardinals..!!

Last time I checked..practicing cronyism and sucking as a head coach gets you defeated in the NFL as well...

Jeez..i wonder if Rossley suckles at Sherman's ****...or vice-versa??

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt calling you names net was putting your post into the AC category for thinking you have more insight than anyone else. You are entiled to your opinion for sure and I respect that but when you call people out for being optimistic about the Pack with Favre or say they are dellusional *

Net Wrote
Is this team capable of a Super Bowl run next year? If you honestly believe that, then I have some great land in Florida. If you believe they will be bad again next year(as I do) why would Brett come back to experience more of this year?

If you dont like being called out dont call out others my friend. Your opinion was welcome up until that paragraph. We all can think what we want when we want. but like my AC and gurus post states your opinion carries no more validity than anyone elses

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net,

"Optimistic about the Packs Future" You got me there ( for better or for worse ).

"Sentimental regarding Brett" You got me there too.

But the bottom line for alot of fans is that Brett can still play on high level with the right supporting cast and this is not just "sentimental" as you replied in another thread on another forum.

I see nothing wrong with the fans supporting Brett with signs and chants of appreciation such as "GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY" this Sunday and in fact would expect nothing less from whom I consider to be the best football fans in the NFL.

I see it as a form of "Love and Appreciation" to our QB who has done so much for this team and with any luck, will consider to do so.

Really hope you change your mind on this as it's not to late to grab a sign and cheer Brett and the Packers too (if your going).

Happy New Years Everyone, Let us make Sunday a day to be proud of :D

Post Note - I am not embarrassed when I say that I am not the most knowledgable football fan when it comes to all the intricate and technical aspects of the game BUT I do know when we have a good thing going for us and Brett is much more then a good thing my friend.

"GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY"

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Net,

"Optimistic about the Packs Future" You got me there ( for better or for worse ).

"Sentimental regarding Brett" You got me there too.

But the bottom line for alot of fans is that Brett can still play on high level with the right supporting cast and this is not just "sentimental" as you replied in another thread on another forum.

I see nothing wrong with the fans supporting Brett with signs and chants of appreciation such as "GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY" this Sunday and in fact would expect nothing less from whom I consider to be the best football fans in the NFL.

I see it as a form of "Love and Appreciation" to our QB who has done so much for this team and with any luck, will consider to do so.

Really hope you change your mind on this as it's not to late to grab a sign and cheer Brett and the Packers too (if your going).

Happy New Years Everyone, Let us make Sunday a day to be proud of :D

Post Note - I am not embarrassed when I say that I am not the most knowledgable football fan when it comes to all the intricate and technical aspects of the game BUT I do know when we have a good thing going for us and Brett is much more then a good thing my friend.

"GO PACK GO and STAY BRETT STAY"

GREAT POST, WINNI!! sheesh, net - let those of us who want to support brett be allowed to do so. lighten up & have a few drinks, buddy! :pals:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I watched great QB's....Bart Starr....John Unitas....Joe Namath....hang on a year or two too long and it tarnished their careers.

Yeah, when I think of Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, and Joe Namath..all I can think about is how tarnished their careers are... :roll:

2002 OLY packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in denial, no bad memories here. Brett's made some ugly passes, but years from now when I think back about the Favre and the Packers I won't be remembering any of them.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on how many guys left the game taking a knee to win the superbowl Elway and thats it. You never see that in sports where everything comes together at the right time to retire. Brett had the best shot in 03 and I don't see another one.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The problem is..that this team is coached by a bunch of ASSCLOWNS..."

Pack66 you're right on. I've said from day one, the only thing Sherman will accomplish in his days in Green Bay is to drive #4 from the game.

Has Sherman accomplished anything else?

Thanks Mike, mission accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Breet is done I hope the Pack keeps Mike and his staff so all the Sherman lovers can see just how inept he really is. Has Sherman developed any quaterback to replace Brett? Who's going to tutor Rodgers-the "Three Stooges", (Sherman, Rosley, and Bevell). Look at their coaching resume, what have they ever accomplished???????????????

“I don’t know,â€

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
LambeauEast said:
PackinSteel said:
I'm not one to blindly say "Brett should stay" because he has a cute butt or something

Man, I really hope Heather is the one saying that! :shock:

ROFL - not Heather and not me either :lol:

Good to hear it...
But seriously now....If this is "it" (which I believe to be so), Thank You Brett...the ride has been incredible and there will truly never be another one like you.IMO

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net....I respect your football knowledge but maybe people want him to come back because he is still one of the top QB's in the league. I realize you've never been one of his biggest fans but can you evaluate a QB better than Wolf or Holmgren? Ron Wolf recently said that Brett was still one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL. Holmgren said this week that Favre hasn't lost a thing physically. He is still a great QB. His arm is as strong as ever and his mobility is better than it has been the last few years.

Maybe you shouldn't question others motives about why they want Brett to come back. Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why you want him gone. You may be the only "Packer fan" that does.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts