Statues add to stadium's aura

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I also hope they do more. There are a lot of great players in our heritage who deserve to be remembered.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, move Bart closer, and while you are at it, let's honor the great Ray Nitschke with a statue of this...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say have a statue of Paul Hornung there too, but fans would have to choose between this pic of him following Jerry Kramer on Lombardi's famous "Packer Sweep" ( I know they have a simular likeness of the "Golden Boy" at Notre Dame)

or the one we never got to see, the one of him with one hand wrapped around a scotch & soda and the other hand wrapped around some blonde...

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course the queenies have to do anything the Packers do ( except win Super Bowls...)

...but here is the statue they are contemplating putting up outside that toilet bowl they call a football field, honoring three of their greatest players...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think every SB winning "era" should be represented with a statue.
I know it's too soon, but Favre and/or Holmgren should have their statues around Lambeau, and so should Rodgers and/or McCarthy someday.

I don't like the idea of having a lot of statues though.
But maybe one statue for every chmpionship? With the key components?

Say, we won 7 with Lombardi. So, Lombardi, Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Kramer, Taylor and Davis, for example.
Of course, those of Lombardi and Lambeau should be the most imponent, biggest ones. And I don't like the idea of having Starr closer to Lombardi. It takes some of the imponence away.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think we want too many statues around. A statue should be reserved for those really special players/coaches who add to the legacy of the team. I don't even think it should be about SB alone or personal accomplishments.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts