1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Statues add to stadium's aura

Discussion in 'Official Packers.com News' started by News Bot, Mar 19, 2011.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +46
    Source: Packers.com

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,041
    I hope they do more. And the Starr one should be closer to lambeau imo

• Like Like x 3
  3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I also hope they do more. There are a lot of great players in our heritage who deserve to be remembered.

4. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Yes, move Bart closer, and while you are at it, let's honor the great Ray Nitschke with a statue of this...

[​IMG]

5. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I would say have a statue of Paul Hornung there too, but fans would have to choose between this pic of him following Jerry Kramer on Lombardi's famous "Packer Sweep" ( I know they have a simular likeness of the "Golden Boy" at Notre Dame)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or the one we never got to see, the one of him with one hand wrapped around a scotch & soda and the other hand wrapped around some blonde...

6. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Of course the queenies have to do anything the Packers do ( except win Super Bowls...)

...but here is the statue they are contemplating putting up outside that toilet bowl they call a football field, honoring three of their greatest players...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I think every SB winning "era" should be represented with a statue.
    I know it's too soon, but Favre and/or Holmgren should have their statues around Lambeau, and so should Rodgers and/or McCarthy someday.

I don't like the idea of having a lot of statues though.
    But maybe one statue for every chmpionship? With the key components?

Say, we won 7 with Lombardi. So, Lombardi, Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Kramer, Taylor and Davis, for example.
    Of course, those of Lombardi and Lambeau should be the most imponent, biggest ones. And I don't like the idea of having Starr closer to Lombardi. It takes some of the imponence away.

8. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I agree. I don't think we want too many statues around. A statue should be reserved for those really special players/coaches who add to the legacy of the team. I don't even think it should be about SB alone or personal accomplishments.