Stats vs points discrepancy

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, by yardage, we are ranked 10th in offense and 13th in defense. You'd think that would be a pretty good team, right? Well, I've always said what really counts is points.

For points, we're 22nd in offense and 28th in defense. What I'm wondering is why such a huge discrepancy? I know we're suffering from redzoneitis this year big time. I think the only team that's doing worse than we are in the red zone is the Raiders.

You can't really say INTs, because we've picked off more balls than we're thrown. What's wrong with us, and why are we allowing so many points and scoring so few this year?

Next year, I'd love to see us as a contender, but the points is something that will have to be addressed big time if we're going to be one in '07. What do you think are the main things we'll need to change?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a lot of the things we need, we'll have. A couple are an improved Oline(they get better and more experienced every game, baby.) and a consistent option behind driver and greg(Krob returns).

we also need a more consistent running game, and I am hoping we draft a RB within the first 3 rounds.

and obviously a better tight end.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all starts in the trenches. Basically, GB can't run the ball when they want to or when they need to w/ any effective consistence. Until that changes, I don't see things improving much. Other than that, improvements on the OL, FB, TE and WR would help.

Staff online

Members online