Statistically Speaking

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Net...you like statistics so much...fathom this. Daunte Culpepper puts up HUGE numbers for 4 or 5 years and the nation thinks he is a God. But anyone with football knowledge realizes he is incompetent in the red zone due to his poor understanding of defenses, and is prone to turnovers. In the end, he loses games because of these few but critical faults...especially the big games...but damn, the stats are huge...so he must be good.

Same thing applies to Sherman and Rossley...big numbers due to great offensive talent they primarily inherited, but added a few pieces to along the way. In the end, the numbers are HUGE....but they trip over themselves in the big game and during big moments. Somehow we all realized for years that Daunte was overrated, but yet so many of us will still applaud the MS/TR stats in spite of the compiling seasons of big losses.

Speaking of statistics.....the more a team throws the ball, the greater the chance for interceptions. We ran the ball 14 times last night. Coulda done some short and safe passes on early downs to make up for non-existent run, but didn't. We chose instead to continue to feed Driver in double coverage because the other receivers were unable to break lose.

Hey, by the by....I was driving to a project today and both ESPN and Fox commentators were obvious to the fact that Sherman is a stiff who was outcoached in the halftime and second half by Herman Munster.

P.S. If the MS *** Kissing Crew doesn't care for the credentials that Fox/ESPN bring to the plate, how about our own Larry McCarren....longtime cheerleader for this team, even when unwarranted. My buddy in Sheboygan told me Larry made some comments this morning on the coaching staff's inability to adjust and react on the fly. You know, Larry McCarren11 year NFL vet and Pro-Bowler who typically holds back on any critical commentary on the Pack! How about Tom Pipens down in Milwaukee. A more neutral, less emotional commentator than Larry, he also has questioned these issues several times this year. Bottom line is that a lot of folks with a lot of experience covering/playing for this team have begun to comment honestly.

Latest posts