State of the Packers at the Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's one word to describe the Packers at the bye: injured. Crazy stat from my article (http://wp.me/p29VCs-cI): Out of 22 opening-day starters, we've lost 10 starters and are on to a third-stringer at MLB. And that doesn't include a banged up Raji and JMike. We all know the Packers pride themselves on "Next Man Up", and it's cliche. But, with the new injuries to Matthews, Bulaga, and Jordy, when does the team reach the tipping point with injuries? We could be near it, especially if Matthews is out longer than "a couple weeks". The schedule gets a lot tougher. Pack will be in a dogfight to earn a playoff spot with these mounting injuries.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's one word to describe the Packers at the bye: injured. Crazy stat from my article (http://wp.me/p29VCs-cI): Out of 22 opening-day starters, we've lost 10 starters and are on to a third-stringer at MLB. And that doesn't include a banged up Raji and JMike. We all know the Packers pride themselves on "Next Man Up", and it's cliche. But, with the new injuries to Matthews, Bulaga, and Jordy, when does the team reach the tipping point with injuries? We could be near it, especially if Matthews is out longer than "a couple weeks". The schedule gets a lot tougher. Pack will be in a dogfight to earn a playoff spot with these mounting injuries.

The biggest of the newest slew of injuries is with out a doubt Matthews. The offense can still score some points without Jordy, and Bulaga has been pedestrian at best this year. Sunday when Matthews was out there was no pressure on Skelton at all and I would continue to expect more of the same if he misses more game time. Behind him coming back the next Packer that will most impact the team with his return is Ced Benson. That is IF he is able to come back at some point this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts