1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

State of the Line Offensive Line Coach/Scheme/Players

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 12theTruth, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
  2. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    I'd like to nominate you Jack as #1 Head-In-Sand fan.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    I might've gone with this one from a few weeks back but then some idiot replied with the idea of swapping Clay Matthews for Joe Thomas...

4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
  5. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,106
    Do you really want to double down on this silly post?
    The Packers “now agree that Rodgers must be kept upright”? Sure, Thompson, McCarthy and their staffs don’t care anything about the health of their franchise QB. How ridiculous. And of course Thompson and McCarthy listen to the demands of fans and sportswriters. That must be why they caved on Favre’s return from his “retirement”, right? How silly. IMO “naïve” was understating it.

Barclay has done well for being thrown into the fray as a rookie but according to McGinn he was also responsible for 6 ½ pressures Sunday night. This poster is acting like the Packers have ignored an all-pro sitting on the bench. To have success in the playoffs the Packers OL is going to have to be able to pass block against the best Ds.

6. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What compels you to engage in silly personal rebukes? Most posters can maintain a discussion without putdowns like calling folks words, "silly", "naive", "assigning stud/duds to posters and or their thoughts instead of the team/players/coaches. I haven't explored whether there is an ignore option on this forum but if there was you'd be one that is sure to warrant it.

7. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,106
    When someone posts those working for the Packers and/or Packers fans don't care about the health of Rodgers, that's ridiculous IMO. And when he thanks the fans and sportswriters for making the Packers' staff care about Rodgers' health IMO that's embarrassingly silly (or "uniformed" or "stupid" if you prefer). As if McCarthy is unaware of the number of hits Rodgers takes or doesn't care if he remains "upright". That's absurd. And if there are any GMs and HCs in the league who have proven they're willing to buck public opinion to advance what they see as the best interests of their team, it's Thompson and McCarthy.

When you posted "under MM and Campen we have never really had a go to short yardage running attack to rely on" I posted Kuhn's 3rd and 4th and short conversion stats. When you criticized McCarthy's play calling but couldn't back it up with one example, I pointed that out. (BTW, the "Duds" reference was meant to be humorous as evidenced by the smilie and by AmishMafia finding it "funny".) So I ask you, what compels you to do that and then not respond when your error about short yardage success under McCarthy and Campen is pointed out?

In other threads when I posted as many as 9 questions for those like you who think firing Campen will cure all the problems on the OL, why didn't any of you even attempt to answer them?

At this point I really don't care if you respond or not so let me help you: Click on my user name, then click on "Ignore".
    - - - - - -

BTW, could someone post an article which talks about Campen not being responsible for the OL play in 2010? I ask because I don’t remember reading or hearing that (not that anyone can read and hear everything). But IMO it's disingenuous for fans to criticize Campen for all the mistakes made by O linemen, but not give him credit for any of the good like developing players like Sitton. And for those who post that Barclay should be starting at LT next year, who do you suppose has been coaching him? Again I'm not a fan of Campen but he's been the OL coach since 2007 and he seems to be a "better" coach when he has better talent to work with. If the Clifton of the last 6 games of the 2010 season was starting at LT and a pre-injury Tauscher from the same season was starting at RT, Campen would look one hell-of-a-lot better. And a healthy Wells (I believe he's injured now) would be better than Saturday at OC. My main point regarding assistant coaches is it's very difficult for fans to know how responsible they are for the performance of their units. For example, how good would Kevin Greene look if Matthews were never a Packer? And it's not only talent but also the scheme being run that has an impact on the OL.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The point is: The offensive line for the Packers has never been an overpowering unit in the last 7 years; and this year it ranks near the bottom of the league in both running and passing on Football Outsiders' site. The offense succeeds because of an incredible QB who is able to make plays with his feet, and with his arm. The TD Rogers scored Sunday night is a classic example; and his completion after scrambling to Cobb last week for an important 1st down was another. If we had a line the quality of NE's, or SF's, or the Giants' we'd be unstoppable. And Rogers WILL get injured if the line play continues at the same level it has for so many years. That's the point Grave is making, and I agree. You can blame all the talent, except for Sitton; or you can blame the coaching. It's probably both. But it's more logical to change the coaching before changing all the personnel, seems to me.

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018