Start Ingle Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time GB is down(even early in the game), Brett forces the issue and throws a bad pass. Its been common place the last 2 years.

Bring out #7 (is he #7? whatever number he is, bring him out)

(just cuz my ideas were locked\censored doesnt mean the issue dies. favre is struggling and his bad play is hurting the team which doesnt need to be hurt any more! Also I understand a lot will disagree with this, but try and keep it peaceful this time.)

Reaction score
IMO, the Packers going out and signing Bouman and making him the #2 QB so early says that Ingle needs a lot of work to be a NFL QB.

With that said, I just don't see him being a good change (Favre is still our best shot to win IMO).

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
IMO, the Packers going out and signing Bouman and making him the #2 QB so early says that Ingle needs a lot of work to be a NFL QB.

With that said, I just don't see him being a good change (Favre is still our best shot to win IMO).

Bouman is numero 3 in my eyes.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin might be the most raw player on this teams roster. He has a cannon for an arm but isn't accurate and has trouble reading the defense. He has a lot of work to go. Maybe in a few years we'll get a better look at him but not now.

Reaction score
Bouman knows the offense though doesnt he? To some extent?
Yup, but surely Jags has combined with MM to add his own little twists and turns.

Martin would also have a better handle on the tendencies of the player, and for them still to have Bouman be #2 makes me think they don't have the confidence in him yet.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to play the best player. Favre is better than Ingle Martin and Todd Bouman. I know what we're gonna get with Favre: a decent game with some mistakes.

I have to question the playcalling for this game. The first INT was a streak by Bubba Franks. Let me say that again: a streak by Bubba Franks. Not exactly a speed tight end. It looked as though Franks could have broken up that pass. David Martin or Donald Lee should have ran that streak, not Bubba.

Look at our WR depth. Driver (great), Jennings (good), Martin (who?), Francies (who?). Look at Seattle's WRs Jackson, Branch, Burleson, Engram, and Hackett (all quality guys). You can't win in America with NFL Europe players. period.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to play the best player. Favre is better than Ingle Martin and Todd Bouman. I know what we're gonna get with Favre: a decent game with some mistakes.

I have to question the playcalling for this game. The first INT was a streak by Bubba Franks. Let me say that again: a streak by Bubba Franks. Not exactly a speed tight end. It looked as though Franks could have broken up that pass. David Martin or Donald Lee should have ran that streak, not Bubba.

Look at our WR depth. Driver (great), Jennings (good), Martin (who?), Francies (who?). Look at Seattle's WRs Jackson, Branch, Burleson, Engram, and Hackett (all quality guys). You can't win in America with NFL Europe players. period.

And this is exactly why the running game is stagnent. Eight in the box all night and all day on Sunday! That slant to Driver was a great play by DD, but all of Seattle's guys were within ten yards of the LOS. We have noone stretching the field and keeping defenses honest.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just get a bad feeling Craig Nall would have been our Tony Romo.

You mean that guy that can't beat out 35 year old kelly holcomb for the backup spot in Buffalo?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Peyton Manning would make the current Packers team into a playoff contending team. Favre is still the best for the team and will be until he retires. He is pretty much the only reason the Packers have won any games this year and it is pretty pathetic that anyone would think different. Favre makes mistakes yes, and he probably has cost the Packers a few games, but he has won much more for them than he has lost and is very very very very far from being the player holding the team back.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is who he is & plays how he plays - he's not changing now, guys! what i want to know is, were you calling for his head when he was playing exactly this way & we were winning???

he's a risk taking, gunslinger who makes every friggin play exciting!! everytime he has the ball in his hands, i say to myself "holy ***** - here we go" & hold my breath!! THAT'S FOOTBALL BABY - PACKER FOOTBALL!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the exception of the shut outs, we've watched every game right to the end and believed right to the end that maybe we can pull it off, maybe favre will pull off another of his comebacks (certainly overdue).

Put Martin or Bouman in and the game will get decided in the first quarter. There's a whole lot that needs to get fixed and improved, QB isnt very high up on that list.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's forget about our special teams who couldn't cover a lick last night, regularly letting The Seahawks start from outside their forty yd line,

let's forget about our punter who averaged a mere 34 yds(gross) on the evening, let's forget about Patrick Dendy who was called for holding on third and long, giving The Seahawks new life and then allowing another TD when he blew his coverage,

let's forget about playing not to lose in the first half when the defense was doing their job and getting the turnovers,

let's just forget about all that, because when it comes right down to it, when we needed Brett the most, after we fell behind by 10 points and needed to press because time was running down, Brett forced a couple of throws and that lost the game.

What a bunch of crap, Team game . team loss, but we probably should start Ingle Martin, because Trom says it's time for Brett to sit down.

Once again the obvious is being overlooked, this is a young team, who each week seems to find a way to lose a game they could have won, it happens.

TT has failed to provide MM with enough talent to win close games, MM is being outcoached everygame, but IT IS ALL BRETT FAVRE'S FAULT.

We get it Trom, you want Brett gone, guess what, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN THIS YEAR, and hopefully not for another couple of years, so learn to deal with it and move on.

I can't wait till next week and look for the "Start Todd Bauman" thread, it is sure to pop up.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Great post!!! Take Favre out?? Are you guys crazy?? He is are only chance to win, let me remind you guys that hes NOT the one that is making this team bad. He throws those interceptions cause he is trying to get a spark going in the games and he does that everytime they are down alot of points. The man wants to win, is that a crime? Look at the end of the game when they had no chance to win, Favre was still running around like crazy trying to win that game.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post!!! Take Favre out?? Are you guys crazy?? .

I was meaning Buckeye's post was a great post. And he wasn't saying take Favre out but quite the opposite.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simply not good enough to say Favre makes the game "exciting" or gives us a chance to come back - when often, his mistakes are what put us behind to begin with. Naturally, he is not the only factor. But when you turn the ball over, it is crippling. And not just interceptions - there were several times in that game when it appeared that Favre made a decision without seeing - or even looking at - the entire field. Third down plays where he forces it long, when another reciever is wide open for a first down. It's like he has his mind set on something and goes with it no matter how tight the coverage or whether another receiver is open. That's not always been the case, but it was stark yesterday.

I'm frustrated with so many facets of the Packers' performance yesterday. And I also think they got some bad breaks. But I've decided, as big a Favre fan as I am, we need to start calling it as we see it. He has good days, and bad days. I still love to watch him play. But next year, if he's still playing, I think he should freely get the yank when throwing poorly. We need to dissipate this shroud of being "untouchable." That means not being an automatic start.

Hurts to say it.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom: Lets bench Brett and lets Play your beloved TT instead, behind a bad OL with a bad HC it will be nice to see lord TT crap in his pants.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, Brett is our only chance to have an even semi-successful team this year, and I would love to see him back for one more. (but only one)

With that said, there was a lot of sloppy play from both teams last night, and Brett contributed to alot of that on our side. Let's all admit, whenever a BF pass went deep, your stomach dropped and you could feel that it was a bad throw. Look, the sad truth is, Brett had an ugly game. Should we bench him? Hell no. Should he stop throwing the ball like Uncle Rico? Yes.

P.S. This is post #200 for me...woohoooooo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts