1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis Storms

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by packerstl101, Apr 24, 2011.

1. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Did anyone here hear about the storms? I was out of town during them but saw a lot of the damage today when I got home. Horrible stuff, I feel for the people who lost their houses.

2. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Yeah, when an EF-4 tornado rolls through an airport and highly populated area, it's never a good thing. Luckily though, nobody was reported injured?? Weird and lucky as hell...

They are reporting it to be the strongest tornado in the area in 44 years. Yikes!

3. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    i heard there were a few minor injuries and thankfully no deaths

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Theres a joke about east st louis in here somewhere

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    That was terrible!!! Not just in St. Louis but down south as well the week before. My prayers to all those as they pick up the pieces and rebuild.

Stay safe, Packerstl101!!!

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    It seems like there has been outrageous weather recently throughout the country; in Wisconsin for sure. Such devastation. When I win the lottery, I know where my $ will go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about some minor league St. Louis baseball team. "Hey, did you see the St. Louis Storms game yesterday?"

But yeah, the storms in St. Louis are huge. I remember some nasty ones passing by Milwaukee a few days ago and thought that these storms were the leftovers from the midwestern tornadoes. The folks (including packerstl101) in St. Louis are in my prayers.

8. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Yeah, the weather's been pretty crazy. We just had a tornado this weekend pretty close to where I live here in Virginia. It was either an EF-3 or an EF-2, and it left about a 12 mile stretch of wreckage with 2 deaths and 60ish injuries. It completely destroyed an entire middle school. Thank goodness it wasn't a weekday!

9. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Had "radar detects circular rotation in the clouds" pass directly overhead about 2 weeks back. One touched down about 5 miles west and another about 4 miles east, all from the same storm cell. Too bad it was after dark otherwise I would have been watching. Clouds are really interesting during storms such as these.