Sssooo disappointed

TRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to start off by saying that I am the oldest of 5 siblings and I have been watching Green Bay Packer football with my dad since before I can really remember anything else. We have been to games together and I have been an avid fan my entire life. That stopped this weekend.
I am not talking about unproven allegations of ****** misconduct. My daughter (who turned 18 less than 3 months ago) works at a restaurant in Wisconsin Dells. She was repeatedly harassed by players asking her to go back to their condo and "party" with them, blocking her (and others) way to the bar to get orders and to the computer to put orders in. Even after my daughter told them that she was 18 and had no interest they still persisted. On top of this insult, one of our family friends is in a band called "Swifkick", these players made their presence more than known at the establishment where the band was playing also, blocking people from going to the bathroom, throwing things at the band along with many other disgusting displays of behavior.
Shame on these players, the coaches, and the management for NEVER dealing appropriately with overindulged little boys who think that they can treat the people who support them like that. How dare you come into our towns and treat our family and friends like that?
As for the owners of the establishments that allow people behave like that simply because they are football players, if you knew what was going on and did nothing to stop the behavior or protect your employees, shame on you too.

izzyokay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame. And not just a problem with the Packers, but all around the league. I think Roger Goodell is doing more to try to help prevent this kind of behavior than any other commissioner in the past, but it's like you said, it's a feeling of entitlement with some of these guys. Shame.

izzyokay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, the actions of a few idiotic players does not represent the entire team and organization.

OP
OP
T

TRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with you, but what a shame. We had a graduation party for my daughter and had over 100 guests (most of them Packer fans), when the conversation started about what happened that night, you could almost sense the disappointment. I'd like to believe that a "few bad apples", but it just seems like more and more we get "bad apples". Makes me sad.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn... This doesn't get to the public. Reports from DD's softball game were that those guys are actually very nice...

But I guess when they have a little too much drinks, they tranform themselves into complete ********...

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree that there is a large problem with people that do things such as this in the NFL, but all I'm saying is that it is highly possible that those were people just saying they were members of the team to try and get with women easier

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm sure the Packers are the only team that does that.

I realize you have a personal connection to this behavior, but don't act like it's just the Packers that act that way. I would wager 99% of athletes are like that.

Except soccer players, because nobody knows who they are so they can't pull that.

OP
OP
T

TRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if 99% of athletes act this way, I care that these atheletes acted that way and I care that repeatedly nothing is done about it. I'm all in for a good party, and Lord knows I have done things I'm not always the proudest of, but the attitude they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and get away with it has got to change.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So where are the pic and videos of happening in a public place? that would shut them up eh?

Tell us who were the players?

OP
OP
T

TRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update: these players also went to the Green Owl and took food off the waitresses trays meant for other tables, kept reaching behind the bar to grab condiments, and were rude to the entire staff. The rest. mentioned last time was Sarentos. Also, at Shomammas took hats off of mens heads, stood on them and basically looked at them like 'now what"? Just keeps getting better and better.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wow what a load of crap, Serious tell us some names or just leave it
Why? You can't believe Packers would do this? Why names? I find it not only totally possible but more than likely true. This happens with all teams and a lot of players. Being a Packer does not make them angels. In the 60's-70's Packer players frequented the bars in and around Appleton on a regular basis. What went on back then was about what Tra described here. Same stuff, different city, different year. I know at least three people who claim to be illegitimate children of Packers from the 60's. It's unfortunate that it happens but it does. Players can be jerks. Players in groups drinking can be bigger jerks. When Dan Marino came into a restaurant my wife was working at she found out what a jerk he is. And he wasn't even drinking.

As a side,if he named names would you believe him? Or does it need to come from an unnamed source and be reported at ESPN to be believed?

And if this were Viking or Bear players you would be all over it.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Names would be nice as to put the spotlight on those certain players. I'm sure it wasn't Jennings, Driver, Woodson, Harris, or Rodgers. Some players we have high respect for and I for one can't see them doing it.

Others (Underwood, Jolly, etc) I can see this happening. Names not only give more validity to the story, but also point out the culprits.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman, I for one do not live in WI, so I don't presence those happenings. I've read, however, from SEVERAL people that found guys (Tauscher, Barnett, Rodgers) on bars and report that they were nothing short of polite (though they were drunk, most of the time).

Without any proof, I cannot condemn, simply because "it's totally possible".

And, yes, coming from a named source would give much more credibility, than coming from a random poster on an interner forum... It's at least frivolous to accuse a person of such behavior without any proof. And moreso, he's the only one that has portrait such behavior from them.

Yes, it could be that the others are protecting them, because they are players. But don't you think that if they indeed behaved like that, at least one more person would feel offended and do something about it?

Like I said in another post, if there's any indication, I don't think it's ok for them to get away with it, just because they're players. But it's also not ok to falsely accuse them of something they didn't do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think these were starters or even regular players..I "think" it was players that hardly see any time..So names would shed some light..

But with NO names being reported it is either
* to protect?? (why?)
* people just knew they were/are Packers

thats just my take

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Raptorman, I for one do not live in WI, so I don't presence those happenings. I've read, however, from SEVERAL people that found guys (Tauscher, Barnett, Rodgers) on bars and report that they were nothing short of polite (though they were drunk, most of the time).

Without any proof, I cannot condemn, simply because "it's totally possible".

And, yes, coming from a named source would give much more credibility, than coming from a random poster on an interner forum... It's at least frivolous to accuse a person of such behavior without any proof. And moreso, he's the only one that has portrait such behavior from them.

Yes, it could be that the others are protecting them, because they are players. But don't you think that if they indeed behaved like that, at least one more person would feel offended and do something about it?

Like I said in another post, if there's any indication, I don't think it's ok for them to get away with it, just because they're players. But it's also not ok to falsely accuse them of something they didn't do.
I'm not condemning anyone. I do think what he said is totally possible. Just because he hasn't named names doesn't mean it didn't happen. It is unfortunate that some things never change. I would not be surprised to find out it was group of 3-5 players who were drunk and "fooling" around. Doesn't make it right. And it dosen't make his story not true for lack of names. Players are people, young men with money. I look at all the crap I did in my 20's and I can easily see something like this. Player are not angels and a few bad apples on a night out can make the whole organization look bad. It happens to every team, you just hardly ever hear about it.

As far a being the only poster talking about it, maybe he's the only poster who had someone in the restaurant on the night it happened. It's a big world out there. And most of us don't live anywhere near Wisconsin Dells. Since no crime was committed and police were not called it won't be in the paper. It it what it is. Young men being jerks in a restaurant. The fact that they may have been Packers is secondary and sheds a bad light on what is otherwise considered by many a good organization. (At least to those who were there that night.)

DoDo occurs.

Members online

Latest posts