Spriggs replaces Lang?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd see what other fans think about the hole to replace Lang. Do you think we draft Lamp? Do you think TT drafted Spriggs for this exact purpose? I personally believe that Spriggs is the guy, he may struggle early but overall I think he is a star Guard/RT. Hopefully we grab a guard in the mid or later rounds for depth. Maybe Asiata,Siragusa or Pyke! Hopefully we get a look at Kyle Murphy this season now that we lost Lang and Tretter. I think Murphy could be a decent backup for us, he showed some good stuff at Stanford! All in all sad to see Lang walk, especially to a rival like Detroit. But the amount he was paid put him out of our range for an older/injured Guard. Hopefully the transition is as smooth as last season when we lost Sitton.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I also won't be surprised if TT waits until the FA dust settles and finds Lang's replacement.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has TT ever signed a FA OL? TT, IMHO, values chemistry in an OL and will only draft and develop players. Have them ride the pine as a backup and then step up when the time comes. That means either Taylor or Barclay are viewed as adequate starters. I doubt we draft a pure G, but a OT/G seems likely in the mid to late rounds.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has TT ever signed a FA OL? TT, IMHO, values chemistry in an OL and will only draft and develop players. Have them ride the pine as a backup and then step up when the time comes. That means either Taylor or Barclay are viewed as adequate starters. I doubt we draft a pure G, but a OT/G seems likely in the mid to late rounds.
I got a feeling Barclay is going to end up being the guard. Unless a rookie beats him out...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't exactly know or see how it will work on the field, but I would bet that Sprigg will be involved as a starter, either at RG or at RT moving Bulaga inside. They invested a 2nd, 4th, and 7th in the guy. I can't see them doing that and then not using him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't exactly know or see how it will work on the field, but I would bet that Sprigg will be involved as a starter, either at RG or at RT moving Bulaga inside. They invested a 2nd, 4th, and 7th in the guy. I can't see them doing that and then not using him.
Maybe... bulaga is too good at rt and springs isnt quite ready to start at tackle yet.

But you never know. Taylor s contract is up next year, and we might be looking for a guard all over again.

Reaction score
TT is sick of whiffing on Defensive players in the draft and selects:

Western Kentucky Forrest Lamp to replace Lang.
I hope so. With names like Lamp and Lang being so close it won't screw up the lockerroom locker order and he could really "light" things up

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Jeff Saturday was a FA OL signee of TT's. But you are correct, for the most part TT builds his OL, his WR's, his QB's, his RB's, his Safeties, his ILB's...his kicker........from within ;)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Ted drafts an interior lineman in the 1st round. Zero chance. Especially with a crying need for a CB and an edge rusher and both of those positions being deep in this draft.

In my opinion, the starter at RG will be Spriggs, Murphy, or Barclay. And if it's Barclay he will get yanked quickly if he sucks.

I also see Ted taking a depth offensive lineman around the 4th round as he typically does.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also won't be surprised if TT waits until the FA dust settles and finds Lang's replacement.
I've posted this already, but would love for TT to use the 6th or 7th round pick on Max Rich, OT from Harvard. At his Pro Day this week had faster short shuttle and 3 cone than RB Dalvin Cook! Not bad for a Harvard Econ major who's 6'-7", 311 lbs.

If Patrick isn't ready, yet, I wouldn't mind Bulaga sliding inside and Spriggs at RT.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Ted drafts an interior lineman in the 1st round. Zero chance. Especially with a crying need for a CB and an edge rusher and both of those positions being deep in this draft.

In my opinion, the starter at RG will be Spriggs, Murphy, or Barclay. And if it's Barclay he will get yanked quickly if he sucks.

I also see Ted taking a depth offensive lineman around the 4th round as he typically does.
Never say never, last two years we all thought ILB in first, it didn't happen, if Ted thinks F. Lamp is a top 20 guy he will take him at our pick. I do hope for a DB though.
I do agree likely 4th or so at OL.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never say never, last two years we all thought ILB in first, it didn't happen, if Ted thinks F. Lamp is a top 20 guy he will take him at our pick. I do hope for a DB though.
I do agree likely 4th or so at OL.

People who thought the Packers would go ILB the last two years don't get Ted. He views ILB's and interior offensive linemen the same way--he doesn't spend high picks on them. The 1st round is for edge rushers, DB's, DL's and offensive tackles.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't believe Spriggs is a great fit at guard but he will most likely get a chance to compete with Barclay, Patrick and probably a draft pick for the starting job.

I'm absolutely convinced Thompson won't spend an early round pick on an interior lineman as well.

Going to suck having Linsley and Taylor contracts up at same time!

Fortunately not a lot of other starters will become free agents in 2018.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He is still with the team for a reason. Wait and see. Sentiment was against bahk, tj lang as well as others too.Dr

I concur. If Barclay earns the job, he is the best option on the roster. If he sucks it is on Ted for not having a better option. It would not be Don's fault.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd see what other fans think about the hole to replace Lang. Do you think we draft Lamp? Do you think TT drafted Spriggs for this exact purpose? I personally believe that Spriggs is the guy, he may struggle early but overall I think he is a star Guard/RT. Hopefully we grab a guard in the mid or later rounds for depth. Maybe Asiata,Siragusa or Pyke! Hopefully we get a look at Kyle Murphy this season now that we lost Lang and Tretter. I think Murphy could be a decent backup for us, he showed some good stuff at Stanford! All in all sad to see Lang walk, especially to a rival like Detroit. But the amount he was paid put him out of our range for an older/injured Guard. Hopefully the transition is as smooth as last season when we lost Sitton.

My guess is that Bulaga moves to guard, Spriggs takes over at right tackle, and Ted drafts one or two offensive linemen in the middle rounds. One dark horse candidate to make the 53 might be Lucas Patrick, coaches seem to like him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts