Sportsline Gets it Right: Great Coverage of Pack

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that CBS sportsline's Clark Judge penned a very nice story about our draft called Favre Gets His Gold Watch Early. Check it out if you want. I'd leave it here, but i'm not sure about the copyright stuff...If you know the procedure, just post it in a reply...Didn't want to step on anyone's toes... :lol: Here's the link:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9409030

Also, sportsline's player profiles of our draftees were very helpfull and indepth. Good reads. ESPN and their insider....Bahhhh! :evil:

Oh, also, sorry if this is old news...Didn't see it on here anywhere...

Pretty happy with TTs draft. Good players. Nice job.

:D

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think the idea of Hodge in the middle is a good one...

Is that realistic for next season do you think? Or are we looking down-the-road on that one?

Barnett is my fav Packer. I would love to see the speed and pursuit of both Barnett and Hawk on the outside. I think we could really un-leash the beast in Nicky...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
Think the idea of Hodge in the middle is a good one...

Is that realistic for next season do you think? Or are we looking down-the-road on that one?

Barnett is my fav Packer. I would love to see the speed and pursuit of both Barnett and Hawk on the outside. I think we could really un-leash the beast in Nicky...

Oh I think it is feasible. Throw the kid in. See what he can do.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he COULD play OLB personally(my opinion), but I think he, and the coaching staff (If the change was going to be made, id think it woulda been last year with bates introducing his system...same system still) are comfortable there.

As easy as Barnett could play OLB, Hodge can play OLB just as easy. The difference is Barnett is a proven MLB leading the NFC in tackles. YES, he gets pushed around at times...but Hodge is SMALLER! so..yeah. thats me though

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I think he COULD play OLB personally(my opinion), but I think he, and the coaching staff (If the change was going to be made, id think it woulda been last year with bates introducing his system...same system still) are comfortable there.

As easy as Barnett could play OLB, Hodge can play OLB just as easy. The difference is Barnett is a proven MLB leading the NFC in tackles. YES, he gets pushed around at times...but Hodge is SMALLER! so..yeah. thats me though

Is Hodge as quick as Barnett? I'm not sure he can play weekside LB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from what ive read (And believe me, brother..ive read so much the last 2 days my heads gonna explode) ..Hodge is slower. That and his size is one of the big weaknesses people point out when talking about him.

read this

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Ummm. I figured the experience factor would probably make this a down-the-road move. Get Hodge some NFL game-time.

Don't know. I guess we have to wait and see with Hodge...Just feel that Barnett would be even better on the outside...

Barnett's cover ability sometimes gets to me...

Unleash the beast! lol.

Members online

Latest posts