Sports science pack vs seahwaks

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the sports science top 10 plays of the year? They had the pack vs Seahawks as number 2 and they said there is no POSSIBLE way that it could have been a TD. The guy said after that holding a player catching the ball is a catch then every player making a tackle could be an INT. will try to find the vid of it it's a good watch.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice analysis, still the guys shouldn't have let the game get to the point where the game could have been decided on the final play. With the current seedings, pre-week 17 games, the Packers currently sit in the #2 position with a 11-4 record, the Packers currently occupy the same seed that they would had they won the game; as they should have. Atlanta with their 13-2 record. Don't get me wrong - a 12-3 record is still sexier than an 11-4 record, but the fact remains that the loss to the Hawks hasn't negatively affected the outcome of Packers' season. (*yet*) I also feel pretty confident about the Packers securing the #2, seed and a bye in the playoffs this week vs the Vikings.
I don't know. I was personally at the game and just want nothing more than to forget about the whole evening for the most part. All I've been wanting since though is a Hawks @ Packers NFC Championship game. Round 2 will be a much better outcome imo.

H

HardRightEdge

You don't need sport science to know it was a bad call, or to beat a dead horse for that matter.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice analysis, still the guys shouldn't have let the game get to the point where the game could have been decided on the final play.
Oh, you mean like an interception of Russell Wilson late to end the game... minutes before that fateful robbery?
Yeah, Jerron McMillian HAD that sideline interception... but the zebra flagged Nick Perry for a late hit which was bogus along with 5 or 6 other calls that night.
Face, it, at least one zebra was bought off that night.

If you don't believe a ref, a replacement ref living on borrowed time anyway, could possibly be tempted by 6-figures from the billion-dollar gambling industry, well........

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, you mean like an interception of Russell Wilson late to end the game... minutes before that fateful robbery?
Yeah, Jerron McMillian HAD that sideline interception... but the zebra flagged Nick Perry for a late hit which was bogus along with 5 or 6 other calls that night.
Face, it, at least one zebra was bought off that night.

If you don't believe a ref, a replacement ref living on borrowed time anyway, could possibly be tempted by 6-figures from the billion-dollar gambling industry, well........

If that was the only poorly called game you might have a point about bribery. There would have been way more obviously poor calls made during the course of the game. Not only that; but the Packers also benefited in that game from some erroneous calls.

We all know that the final two plays were called incorrectly, still doesn't change that blaming refs has never been an acceptible excuse for loosing; and no, it doesn't matter that they were replacements either. I don't really look at giving up 8 sacks in a half as a winning effort; for example. It also doesn't change that it was 3 months ago and this is beating a dead horse.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There would have been way more obviously poor calls made during the course of the game. Not only that; but the Packers also benefited in that game from some erroneous calls.

We all know that the final two plays were called incorrectly.
Not only those final two plays. And that is enough anyway, as that is when the outcome WAS decided.

But up until that point, you had plenty of other horrible suspicious calls go your way on big calls. Like Sam Shields being pushed from the back and having his facemask tugged on by Sidney Rice, flag thrown, and somehow Shields penalized. That was also called by Lance Easley.

You also, from Lance Easley, had offsetting personal foul calls after the thug Brandon Burton had roughed up Greg Jennings time and time again and finally Jennings retaliated.... then the flag was throw, calls on both.

And you had the interception late in the game along the right sideline, that would have essentially ended the game, but the flag was thrown on Nick Perry for a late hit to the QB or high hit (never heard the explanation). It wasn't late as Perry was already on his final step when that pass was thrown by Wilson, and the hit was chest level, and wasn't the helmet. I took a sequence of photos from the play which showed it was a terrible call, and a big call as it negated a turnover down inside your own 30 yard line at a point when we could have gone up by 2 scores late.

So cut the BS. We have moved on very well from that game, but let's not forget that we were 100% royally robbed, so much that it ended the lockout immediately.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Face, it, at least one zebra was bought off that night. ... If you don't believe a ref, a replacement ref living on borrowed time anyway, could possibly be tempted by 6-figures from the billion-dollar gambling industry, well........
Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one: The replacement refs were incompetent. The evidence which supports that is the backgrounds and "training" of the refs who "officiated" the Packers at Seahawks game. Also check the numerous examples of them not knowing the rules and even ******** up something as simple as spotting the ball after a play.

In the same post you write, "… at least one zebra was bought off that night…" but then add, "If you don't believe a ref … COULD POSSIBLY be tempted…" So you state definitively something happened and OTOH say 'if you don't believe it could possibly have happened…' Well, almost anything is possible but that, by itself, isn't proof of anything. What evidence do you have that can't be explained by incompetence?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one: The replacement refs were incompetent. The evidence which supports that is the backgrounds and "training" of the refs who "officiated" the Packers at Seahawks game. Also check the numerous examples of them not knowing the rules and even ******** up something as simple as spotting the ball after a play.

In the same post you write, "… at least one zebra was bought off that night…" but then add, "If you don't believe a ref … COULD POSSIBLY be tempted…" So you state definitively something happened and OTOH say 'if you don't believe it could possibly have happened…' Well, almost anything is possible but that, by itself, isn't proof of anything. What evidence do you have that can't be explained by incompetence?
Oh there was plenty of incompetence from that crew for sure.
The only evidence I have of something being more than that (because as you know, if there was tangible evidence, there'd be criminal charges so of course I don't have that, you're not naive) were the betting trends that coincided with the bogus calls against us, especially late in the game which seemed to assure that we were the loser.

I used to bet heavily on the NBA, both before and during the Tim Donaghy era. I know there were fixes because one of our handicappers in about 2003 or 4 was in one them one night. Refs are certainly not immune to corruption. Easy money can tempt most of us if presented right.

Anyway, I hate the Seahawks now and I hope we host them in the NFC Title game after we beat SF and they beat Dallas and then Atlanta!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
There is nothing I think the NFL would want more than a Seattle/Green Bay NFC Championship rematch of that game. That game was so controversial, they rated it the Number 1 biggest story in SI I heard (not sure if that's true). I don't see it coming down to that if they play in Lambeau field. I think GB would win easily.

Members online

Latest posts