1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sports Management ?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by C-Mize, Jan 7, 2007.

1. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably the wrong place for this, but it is a College Sports question. Anyways, I'll be attending Texas A&M in the fall, I got accepted to the Under-grad Business Schol, decided I will be majoring in Sports Mangagement instead. I am not a college level athlete, but I still want a career in Sports. My question is, do any of yall know anything about Sports Management? and do you know of anyone, or have you majored in Sports Management ? Just want some feedback, if this is the wrong place, I apologize. THANKS

*Does anyone know anyone who has been to Marquette Law School, and participated in the Sports Law Program ? Just curious, because I am considering going there for grad school. THANKS

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I know someone that went to MU Law, but can't say much for the rest (MU Sports Law or Sports MGT) sorry!

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With Sports Management you could become a GM.

4. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, do you know what kind of financial assistance they got, because I would love to go there and live in Milwaukee...BUT it would set me back a lot, a lot of $$$... $100,000+

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    C-Mize, I was in the same position that you are now, only a few months back (entering university).

Take it from me when I say that just focus on getting basic information about MU Law (like the entrance average you will probably need, and the possible cost of your graduate studies), forget about law school and especially forget about deciding a what area of Law you want to focus on.

I say this because you need to be the best of the best in order to have a shot at any good law school, and you seem to me like the guy that is getting good grades in high school. In your first year of university, YOU WILL DROP 10-15 percent in marks, it's normal. If you aren't focused on your first year work, and instead caught up in the MU Law stuff and trying to get in, you'll do even worse.

Secondly, and more importantly, you'll learn so much during just your first year alone that you'll have a much better idea of what interests you and what doesn't. In a couple of years you will have a much greater understanding of yourself, and what you can handle as well as what you like to do, then at that time you will be able to truly visualize what area of Law you want to focus on. You will have a much better understanding about what areas of Law are in demand, and truth be told if you do a Law degree with the intention of working in the field, you will have to struggle your way up. You may decide to take a safer route, or decide something else in Law (like policy making) is your thing.

So honestly don't worry to much about this sort of stuff just yet, instead just try to give an honest effort to staying on top of your work (you won't stay on top of it all in first year, there is simply too much of a radical change, but try to as much as possible and eventually as you figure out little things that make life much easier, you'll be able to reduce the stress).

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The best advice i can give about taking first year courses/classes/modules whatever is to spread the scope and subjects of the classes out so you are getting a taste for different areas and giving urself options that u wudnt get by narrowing ur focus.