Spoiler: Guess who's reuniting at at NFL Honors?

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, people that are still mad at Brett Favre are immature. They hold on too much of the past and are still babies about it. GROW UP, IT'S FREAKING FOOTBALL. It's a business. So what if BF went to the Vikings? It doesn't matter any more. I'm glad that BF and AR could do this! I hope it ends the bitterness most Packer fans cling on too...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, people that are still mad at Brett Favre are immature. They hold on too much of the past and are still babies about it. GROW UP, IT'S FREAKING FOOTBALL. It's a business. ...
Which is it?
Is it a game, or is it business? You can't speak out of both sides of your mouth.
Are you telling is to grow up, or Farve?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of individual players...so, it was kind of cool to see them both up there.

Those award shows...with the scripted repartee ... any of them... not worth my time to sit and watch, but thanks to whomever posted this clip.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol, people that are still mad at Brett Favre are immature.
LOL, people who idolize(d) Favre and thought he was the franchise or he built the franchise are immature. And those who ignore the facts of what he did in leaving and afterward prove their immaturity.

It is just football, but we are posting on this forum from the perspective of Packers fans - or NFL fans. In "real life" Favre is irrelevant. From the view point of a Packers fan he's someone who was made rich and famous by, and then became a traitor to the franchise which is the object of my fanaticism.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lol, people that are still mad at Brett Favre are immature. They hold on too much of the past and are still babies about it. GROW UP, IT'S FREAKING FOOTBALL. It's a business. So what if BF went to the Vikings? It doesn't matter any more. I'm glad that BF and AR could do this! I hope it ends the bitterness most Packer fans cling on too...
Favre to the Jets was business, Favre to the Vikings was not. Still, nice to see him again without him being in a headline. Who knows, he may actually start showing up for ceremonies now.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be the first to tell you two things:

1) Growing up, Favre was my football idol. I can't count how many times I pretended I was Brett Favre, throwing TD passes to Freeman and Driver. So, Favre will ALWAYS have a soft spot in my heart.

2) When Favre tried to come back to us for the 2008 season I was immediately against it. Ask ANYONE who knows me. I thought it was totally absurd that Favre holds this press conference to announce his retirement then tries to come back again. I/we/the franchise had been ****** around enough. I was excited and very much looking forward to seeing Rodgers start. I was backing Rodgers 110% and I still am, of course.

Now it is 2 years after he stopped playing football. Any bad feelings I had for the guy are just gone. We won a Super Bowl the same year that we beat him twice. It is over and done with. I chose to remember the better things about Brett Favre. Super Bowl XXXI, the MVPs, all the records, etc. The funny, goofy jokes he made on the sidelines. I want to smile and remember happy thoughts when I think Favre, not sad ones.

That being said, I am with the Packers first and foremost. The includes, Aaron Rodgers. When all is said and done I think that Rodgers will end up being the better QB. He might not have 500+ TDs, 71k passing yards, or 3 MVP awards when he retires BUT he will have left a better mark on the Packers, and the NFL. What Rodgers will have is quite possibly the highest QB rating of all time, the best int% of all time, and the most important: He will have brought MORE Super Bowl championships to the Green Bay Packers.

That's just how I feel

--Rob.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be the first to tell you two things:

1) Growing up, Favre was my football idol. I can't count how many times I pretended I was Brett Favre, throwing TD passes to Freeman and Driver. So, Favre will ALWAYS have a soft spot in my heart.

2) When Favre tried to come back to us for the 2008 season I was immediately against it. Ask ANYONE who knows me. I thought it was totally absurd that Favre holds this press conference to announce his retirement then tries to come back again. I/we/the franchise had been ****** around enough. I was excited and very much looking forward to seeing Rodgers start. I was backing Rodgers 110% and I still am, of course.

Now it is 2 years after he stopped playing football. Any bad feelings I had for the guy are just gone. We won a Super Bowl the same year that we beat him twice. It is over and done with. I chose to remember the better things about Brett Favre. Super Bowl XXXI, the MVPs, all the records, etc. The funny, goofy jokes he made on the sidelines. I want to smile and remember happy thoughts when I think Favre, not sad ones.

That being said, I am with the Packers first and foremost. The includes, Aaron Rodgers. When all is said and done I think that Rodgers will end up being the better QB. He might not have 500+ TDs, 71k passing yards, or 3 MVP awards when he retires BUT he will have left a better mark on the Packers, and the NFL. What Rodgers will have is quite possibly the highest QB rating of all time, the best int% of all time, and the most important: He will have brought MORE Super Bowl championships to the Green Bay Packers.

That's just how I feel

--Rob.
I hope you're right there, but the defense needs an overhaul.
I'm trying to get those feelings back for Farve too.... I just hate the Vikings so much.
Also I remember talking with Rodgers dad that spring/summer of 08 and heard the bad things about Farve.... hard to forget.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The window of opportunity slams shut just as quickly as it opens. The Packers have holes on defense, coaching and the OL to fix or Rodgers as good as he is won't be in the company of those QB's winning multiple Super Bowls.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frisco game he didnt have that many issues as he had in many other games

I can't find how many times he was pressured but he was hit three times and sacked once. Then again he only had the ball for 21 minutes due to a leaky defense.

But keep beating the drum it was the offenses fault we lost the game.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, people who idolize(d) Favre and thought he was the franchise or he built the franchise are immature. And those who ignore the facts of what he did in leaving and afterward prove their immaturity.

It is just football, but we are posting on this forum from the perspective of Packers fans - or NFL fans. In "real life" Favre is irrelevant. From the view point of a Packers fan he's someone who was made rich and famous by, and then became a traitor to the franchise which is the object of my fanaticism.

Riiiiiight, tell that to people who idolize Aaron Rodgers....

I wonder what type of excuses people will say if AR only comes out GB with 1 SB win...I can't wait to hear them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Riiiiiight, tell that to people who idolize Aaron Rodgers....
IMO people who idolize Rodgers are as foolish and immature as you are for idolizing Favre.
I wonder what type of excuses people will say if AR only comes out GB with 1 SB win...
Perhaps the same excuses you use for Favre?
..I can't wait to hear them.
Can't wait for Rodgers to finish his career without another Super Bowl win? That sums up the feelings of a lot of Favre-first fans I've encountered like yourself. You couldn't fully enjoy Super Bowl 45 could you? That's the price you pay for thinking any individual is bigger than the franchise.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO people who idolize Rodgers are as foolish and immature as you are for idolizing Favre. Perhaps the same excuses you use for Favre? Can't wait for Rodgers to finish his career without another Super Bowl win? That sums up the feelings of a lot of Favre-first fans I've encountered like yourself. You couldn't fully enjoy Super Bowl 45 could you? That's the price you pay for thinking any individual is bigger than the franchise.

Uh...I don't idolize Favre, he's just simply better. Check the facts on that one.

Lol, I was happy for the Packers winning the SB in 2010, they deserved it!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Uh...I don't idolize Favre, he's just simply better. Check the facts on that one.

Lol, I was happy for the Packers winning the SB in 2010, they deserved it!

Really?

It’s hard to compare Rodgers’ four seasons as a starter to Favre’s 16-year career with the Packers. Every indication suggests Rodgers will not go into the tank like Brockington did. The 28-year-old Rodgers has also won as many championships (1) as Favre did in his entire career.

But it will likely take about 10 years of playing at a high level for Rodgers to be considered by most to be better than Favre.

He certainly is off to a good start, based on the numbers of Rodgers and Favre during their first four seasons as starters.

In fact, Rodgers is better, sometimes by a wide margin, in every significant category.

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/07/03/whos-better-favre-or-rodgers/

Attachments

• starter 2.JPG
    starter 2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 88

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I think it would serve better to look at the other players (QB) in the NFL at the same time ...

Compare the stats then and see what result you get ...

My point being ... Throwing for alot of yards with alot of TD's is pretty much done by (almost) the majority of starting QBs today;

24 players threw for more than 3000 yards in the 2012 season ...
17 players threw for more than 3500 yards
11 players threw for more than 4000 yards
6 players for more than 4500 yards

20 players threw 20+ Tds
12 players threw 25+ Tds
5 players threw 30+ Tds (Brees, Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady, Ryan)

10 players had a QBrating of 90+
8 players had a QBrating of 95+
4 players had a QBrating of 100+

2010 (Packers SB with Rodgers)

22 players threw for more than 3000 yards in the 2010 season ...
12 players threw for more than 3500 yards
5 players threw for more than 4000 yards
3 players threw for more than 4500 yards (Rivers, P. Manning, Brees)

17 players threw 20+ Tds
11 players threw 25+ Tds
5 players threw 30+ Tds (Brady, Brees, P. Manning, E. Manning, Ryan)

13 players had a QBrating of 90+
6 players had a QBrating of 95+
4 players had a QBrating of 100+

Comparatively (Favre's last season as a Packer):

15 players threw for more than 3000 yards in the 2007 season ...
9 players threw for more than 3500 yards
7 players threw for more than 4000 yards
1 player threw for more than 4500 yards (Brady)

13 players threw for more than 20+ Tds
10 players threw for more than 25+ Tds
4 players threw for more than 30+ Tds (Brady, Romo, Rothlisberger, P. Manning)

8 players had a QBrating of 90+
6 players had a QBrating of 95+
3 players had a QBrating of 100+

2001 Season:

19 players threw for more than 3000 yards in the 2001 season ...
9 players threw for more than 3500 yards
2 players threw for more than 4000 yards
1 player threw for more than 4500 yards (Warner)

10 players threw for more than 20+ Tds
7 players threw for more than 25+ Tds
3 players threw for more than 30+ Tds (Warner, Garcia, Favre)

5 players had a QBrating of 90+
2 players had a QBrating of 95+
1 player had a QBrating of 100+ (Warner)

Not to mention 1996 (Packers SB with Favre)

9 players threw for more than 3000 yards in the 1996 season ...
5 players threw for more than 3500 yards
3 players threw for more than 4000 yards
Highest that season was 4367 yards (Brunell)

7 players threw for more than 20+ Tds
4 players threw for more than 25+ Tds
2 players threw for more than 30+ Tds (Favre 39, Testaverde 33)

I just took out some "random" years in succession, however anyone looking at those same stats year by year will be able to deduct the same; - Passing yards and Tds have gone up significantly all over the board ...

- Interpret these numbers how you will ...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Current NFL rules has inflated Rodgers numbers.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion and that's ok. I don't have a problem with Brett in spite of everything that's transpired. I don't idolize Rodgers -- however, make no mistake about it, Rodgers is more my kind of QB than Brett (with the benefit of hindsight) and it all sets in ball security.

There is really no disputing LongTime's graph. The numbers are what the numbers are and sports, more than any other segment of society LOVES stats and numbers. NFL rules do not dictate an individual players level of intelligence and 'ball smarts'.

Both of these guys are Packers in my book ... but ... given a choice, I'd take Rodgers at this point in his career compared to Brett at the same point in his career. However, after sitting in Lambeau through the 70's and 80's, I was, and still am, grateful for what Brett Favre did on the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts