Spoiler: Guess who's reuniting at at NFL Honors?

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDIT: Here's the video:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traitor! Jk. But still ... I would like to see Arod hit him with the stone cold stunner after they shake hands

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can move on , then so can I. I'm sorry , but it's getting kind of old with all this insulting and stuff like that. I'm not saying you have to forgive what Favre did , but it's been four plus years. Move on. I know someone going to go " well they were probably paid to appear together". Knowing Favre and Rodgers. They are both hard heads. If they didn't want to do this reunion , then they wouldn't.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Pacal. I like that photo of them , though I do think Favre looked better when he had some color mixed with his grey's.

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can move on , then so can I. I'm sorry , but it's getting kind of old with all this insulting and stuff like that. I'm not saying you have to forgive what Favre did , but it's been four plus years. Move on. I know someone going to go " well they were probably paid to appear together". Knowing Favre and Rodgers. They are both hard heads. If they didn't want to do this reunion , then they wouldn't.

I don't think they were paid. Well, probably their hotel and airfare (for Rodgers, who doesn't live near NO) was paid for.

But I think they did it out of respect for the league.

You'll notice that Joe Montana and Steve Young were there tonight, as they were last year (when the 49ers weren't in the Super Bowl). Last year's NFL Honors, in fact, gave Rodgers the chance to meet his idol, Montana, for the first time.

This new awards show is a great way to bring NFL players together.

And, if you watced Alec Baldwin's opening monologue, it's a great way to roast the NFL players. (There were jokes about deer antlers, Peyton Manning and marijuana and Andrew Luck's neck beard.)

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I care for the format, a little over the top for my taste, but I'm not exactly the demographic they give a hoot about so I suppose it's all good.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have Rodgers and Favre already been on the broadcast or were those just pictures taken earlier as this is taped.

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have Rodgers and Favre already been on the broadcast or were those just pictures taken earlier as this is taped.

The taping ended around the time the broadcast began...as the MVP was announced on Twitter an hour ago.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love one Viking, Adrian Peterson.
Favre was a jerk, a *****, to Rodgers, and that maybe can be forgiven, but I don't forget.
I don't like Darren Sharper either anymore.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love one Viking, Adrian Peterson.
Favre was a jerk, a *****, to Rodgers, and that maybe can be forgiven, but I don't forget.
I don't like Darren Sharper either anymore.
There is nothing that says Rodgers won't be that same ***** to the next guy in 7 or 8 years. When you have what it takes to be a dominant starting NFL quarterback sometimes its hard to have what it takes to not be one.

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
their skit was funny

On stage Rodgers said it was awkward

Peyton's Andrew Luck line was funny, too.

(Peyton's predecessor, Jim Harbaugh, was his successor's head coach. It's kind of funny how that works out. And Andrew Luck was the first to tell Harbaugh how impressive Colin Kaepernick is, in 2010, after Luck and Kaepernick befriended each other at Manning's Passing Academy.)

Manning and Luck did get to work together last week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=18801

GREEN BAY – Let the healing begin?
In what some Green Bay Packers fans might’ve thought was a hell-freezes-over moment, Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre shared the stage at the NFL Honors event in New Orleans on Saturday night, presenting the Associated Press NFL comeback player of the year award to Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.
Before they did, the two had the following exchange which, like all presentations, appeared to be read off the TelePrompTer.

Rodgers: We’re here to present the award for best comeback player.
Favre: You know Aaron, everyone loves it when a great player makes a comeback.
Rodgers: (smirking) Yeah, well, not always. Some people wish great players would just retire and stay retired.
Favre: Good to see you, too, Aaron.
Rodgers: You too, man.
(Handshake, followed by awkward, possibly scripted quasi-hug)
Rodgers: That was awkward.
As he received the award, Manning said, “What a tremendous honor to receive this award from two of the best quarterbacks of all-time, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. It sure is great to see the two of them up here together. It’s great for football. I feel pretty confident me and Andrew Luck will be up here one day presenting this award together.”

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There is nothing that says Rodgers won't be that same ***** to the next guy in 7 or 8 years.
IMO this is just silly: 'It's OK Favre is/was a ***** because Rodgers might be one too someday?' In Wisconsin parlance that's some weak cheese!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I was like WTF when I saw it... but it gave me a sense of closure... I just hope they can move past all the drama and not just do it for the cameras... I guess Favre is still a ViQueen though since he was sitting with them all night... Let the mending begin...

Members online

Latest posts