Spitz hurt in practice....

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guard Spitz hurt, replaced by Peko

During the team period of Tuesday’s practice, rookie guard Jason Spitz dropped out of the drill after injuring his right leg. Spitz was replaced in the No. 1 unit for the drill by Siitupe Peko.

-- Rob Demovsky, reporter, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Anyone have the inside scoop on how bad it is ? :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does that mean 'Dropped out' ?

carried off
carted off
walked off
limped off

??????

what kind of report is that. bushleague. bushleague, i say!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that I heard on the radio something about it not being bad at all. Any time someone at TC gets an ouchie the press is right there to report on it. Bushleague is right.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the news and Greg Jennings Is Nursing A Groin injury but he may be ready to play in preseason opener.

Wide receiver Greg Jennings, who injured his groin late Monday night, didn’t practice

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
what does that mean 'Dropped out' ?

carried off
carted off
walked off
limped off

??????

what kind of report is that. bushleague. bushleague, i say!

Trom, I am with you on this... I dispise some feaking news organizations.

Green Bay Press Gazette Headline at paper machine.

Massive Shooting In Green Bay- 29 Could Be Dead!

Plunk your 50 cents in... Read the story...

"A 19 year old was arrested for firing 29 shots in the air last night. A person on the scene said if all 29 bullets had landed on someones head they all could have been killed."

I dislike news organizations that leave you hanging, or sensationalize anything..... It is journalisim fraud.

R.P.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys are going to get nicked and banged up. You just hope none of the serious stuff happens in camp. I read the article and MM said that he felt pretty good about the injury situation so far in camp and didn't seeem overly concerned about it to this point.

Just hope it stays that way. We had three seasons worth of injuries last year.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next newspaper heading "Favre throws interception in pre-season game, just like last year". Look for everyone to make a big deal of any interception he throws this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IndiPack said:
Last heard it was a muscle pull with Spitz, upper leg. Nothing major.

I hope it's only that. The Packers are amazingly thin on their O-Line. Hopefully Spitz can get back out there soon.

OP
OP
S

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick return

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 08/09/2006

Rookie guard Jason Spitz was back at practice Wednesday morning after going down Tuesday afternoon with a lower leg/high ankle injury. Spitz was rolled up on during a team drill but was walking around with an ice pack within an hour.

Getting back on the practice field the next day may be an indication of just how badly he doesn't want to miss any preseason games, with only four to get ready for likely his first NFL start on Sept. 10.

"Everyone in this room has some kind of pain they have to deal with," Spitz said. "I could have sat out of practice, but I've got such a long way to go for this football season, I can't miss a day. It hurts, you deal with it, you ice it down afterwards, and you get over it."

That's the kind of attitude this team could use more of !! I could be wrong but it seems like even some of the veterans are lacking in this level of fortitude...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats one of the things he says in the video i keep telling people to watch. the dude ...is awesome.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spacecoastpkrfan said:
"Everyone in this room has some kind of pain they have to deal with," Spitz said. "I could have sat out of practice, but I've got such a long way to go for this football season, I can't miss a day. It hurts, you deal with it, you ice it down afterwards, and you get over it."

That's the kind of attitude this team could use more of !! I could be wrong but it seems like even some of the veterans are lacking in this level of fortitude...

Spitz is now officially one of my favorite new Packer players.

I agree Space. Man, it's refreshing to hear this from a player!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Spitz: tough, hard nose football player. This guy is going to kick *** when he gets up to speed in the NFL.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm especially proud of Spitz since he was my pre-season dark horse pick. His boyish face reminded me of Tauscher, my BIG favorite. I never openly declared for Spitz since in the past it seemed to be a jinx. He won't be intimidated.