Spinning the wrong way.. the Vikings Franchise..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It is getting ugly in a hurry for our neighbors to the West.. I won't be surprised to see a major overhaul in the coaching and front office operations for this team, even though they had a decent draft this year and may need a few years to rebuild the talent level on this team.

Chilly however is probably toast, maybe even before the year is over.. Frazier anyone?

http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1543967.html

GREEN BAY, WIS. - Losses happen. The Vikings could have brought brilliant schemes and bellyfuls of passion to Lambeau Field and still fallen to the great Brett Favre and the surging Packers.
We'll never know. All we can be certain of is this: On any given Sunday, our Vikings can coach like dunces and play like dogs.

Their 34-0 loss was football Armageddon, an embarrassment that cast a spotlight on every important decision this regime has made and should call into question the future of all their decision-makers.

Never in their history had the Vikings lost by this much to Green Bay, or been shut out by the Packers, who halted the Vikings' NFL-record run of 260 consecutive regular-season games with a point.

This was the Vikings' worst result since 41-donut at the Meadowlands, their worst regular-season loss since 1984, their worst regular-season shutout loss ever, their worst passing performance since Spergon Wynn, their worst run defense since last year's mail-it-in finale, and, for a few players, their worst attempt to pretend they care.

In the fourth quarter, you could see Vikings safety Dwight Smith and injured cornerback Antoine Winfield chuckling on the bench -- Smith finding one comment so funny that he ran away from Winfield, laughing hysterically.

Smith later explained that this is his "job," and that you need to be able to smile during a bad day. He and fellow veteran safety Darren Sharper also called the result "embarrassing," which is closer to the truth.

You don't get to 34-donut by having a bad day, or a bad week. You get to 34-donut by making big mistakes on big decisions over a matter of years.

Less than two years ago, the Vikings hired Brad Childress rather than give the rival Packers a shot at him. Today, Childress is 0-4 against the Pack -- giving Green Bay its first consecutive season sweeps of the Vikings since 1987-88.

Overall, Childress is 9-16 (and 5-14 in his past 19 games) while Packers coach Mike McCarthy, a man the Vikings didn't interview, is 16-9 (and 12-1 in his past 13 games).

While the Packers have built their team around a future Hall of Fame quarterback and an offense built around his skills, the Vikings have neglected the position, starting Brad Johnson last year, blaming their offensive woes on him, and subsequently starting three players -- Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcomb and Brooks Bollinger -- who aren't as capable as Johnson.

Sunday, Bollinger had 7 passing yards until about two minutes remained in the third quarter while operating Childress' self-titled "kick-*** offense."

In the second round of the 2006 draft, the Vikings, choosing one pick before the Packers, took New Mexico center Ryan Cook, now their starting right tackle. The Packers then chose Greg Jennings, the kind of explosive receiver the Vikings crave. Jennings caught four passes for 63 yards on Sunday. He is averaging 19.1 yards per catch this season and has six touchdowns, twice as many as all Vikings wideouts combined.

After the game, Childress was subdued, saying with a gravelly voice: "If my team wasn't ready and I didn't have them ready, then I'm going to take responsibility for that. That's my fault, that we didn't play good today."

As if the historic loss wasn't enough, Adrian Peterson, the best reason to watch the Purple, sprained his knee in the third quarter. While his franchise player writhed, Childress stood on the sideline consulting his beloved play chart for a matter of minutes before meandering toward Peterson.

On the heels of the Lambeau Lapse and Peterson's sprain, the Vikings this week are likely to have their first home television blackout since 1997.

Just a few years ago, Vikings blackouts were inconceivable. As we learned Sunday, the new regime has a knack for making history.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That my friend, is classic. Chilly's quote upon delivery... "Here is my kick *** offense, food delivered luke warm"

I do not always agree with Jim Souhan however, I find difficulty in finding flaws in his article.

Note: I will be posting in Black for a suitable mourning period
:(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
...Chilly however is probably toast......

I sure hope so....

The only "franchise" that Childress should be working at is....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Here's MY caption for this photo.
Chilly:"Here's your Big Mac, small fries and large soda sir"
Customer: "First, this is BURGER KING, I ordered a WHOPPER! With LARGE fries and SMALL soda! And by the way genius.....i'm a WOMAN!"

V

Vikeman

None of you need feel sory for the Vikings...everything happens for a reason. A loss like this against a team we could compete with just ensured his termination.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
Pack93z said:
...Chilly however is probably toast......

I sure hope so....

The only "franchise" that Childress should be working at is....

Here's MY caption for this photo.
Chilly:"Here's your Big Mac, small fries and large soda sir"
Customer: "First, this is BURGER KING, I ordered a WHOPPER! With LARGE fries and SMALL soda! And by the way genius.....i'm a WOMAN!"

hahahahahaha, man that was funny!!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
None of you need feel sory for the Vikings...everything happens for a reason. A loss like this against a team we could compete with just ensured his termination.

Ziggy retains him into next year. I seriously don't think you make a change unless someone like Cowher agrees to take the job.

The team is in disarray and it will take a veteran coach to reel it back in and something tells me that the triangle of whatever they call it, will give Chilly another season to bring it around. Add to it the 5 year deal that they fronted Chilly, Ziggy won't give 3 years of the contract away.

V

Vikeman

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOLOL!!! Vikeman......did you make all those up?
Either way........you have me LMAO!!!!(Which is NO easy feat! It takes alot to make me laugh!)
And the "******" one.....i bet alot of people don't knpw what that is!
(North American man/boy love association)
No....i'm NOT a member!!!LOLOL!!! I saw a story on TV about it.
It was a "kick ***" story!!!! :lol:

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOLOL!!! Vikeman......did you make all those up?
Either way........you have me LMAO!!!!(Which is NO easy feat! It takes alot to make me laugh!)
And the "******" one.....i bet alot of people don't knpw what that is!
(North American man/boy love association)
No....i'm NOT a member!!!LOLOL!!! I saw a story on TV about it.
It was a "kick ***" story!!!! :lol:

Actually ****** stands for North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes.

*South Park reference*

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I forgot about this little quote..

After being hired, Childress quickly unveiled the arrogance that has been a staple of his regime. The new Vikings coach said "he picked Minnesota," and "the Vikings didn't pick him."

I am so happy he PICKED the Vikings... if fact, so happy it made a "one-legged" man do the jig... I think we should send Chilly a Christmas card in thanks. :razz:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even you have a sense of humor with your pain. Where do the pics come from?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot about this little quote..

After being hired, Childress quickly unveiled the arrogance that has been a staple of his regime. The new Vikings coach said "he picked Minnesota," and "the Vikings didn't pick him."

I am so happy he PICKED the Vikings... if fact, so happy it made a "one-legged" man do the jig... I think we should send Chilly a Christmas card in thanks. :razz:
(I get the joke Pack93Z!!! LOLOLOL!!! :lol: I didn't know you knew how to do the jig!!!) :lol:

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
(I get the joke Pack93Z!!! LOLOLOL!!! :lol: I didn't know you knew how to do the jig!!!) :lol:

Learned it many years ago.. about 1996 or so.. "The Packer Jig". :lol:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:

Even you have a sense of humor with your pain. Where do the pics come from?

That is some funny sh__.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts