Speculation on Favre's decision

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
From Ben Maller.com:

A year later, Brett Favre's asking himself those same, flip-a-coin questions. However, it might not be correct to assume that the firing of Green Bay coach Mike Sherman on Monday automatically leads to the retirement of the NFL's only three-time MVP. According to a friend, Favre really isn't sure. "(It's) my guess you're not going to know until after deer hunting season (Feb. 15)," Al Jones said Monday evening. Jones is a friend of the Favre family. He also is a writer for the Sun Herald newspaper in Biloxi, Miss. Earlier Monday, Jones was almost certain Favre already had made a decision - to retire - until he talked to Favre's mother, Bonita. "I'll say this: The longer he goes before announcing, it increases his chances he's coming back," Jones said.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will have to see who the boot-licking-yes-man is that Ted Thompson hires to get rid of the rest of the coaching staff that Sherman does not take with him to his new job.

Brett will realize how much Thompson wants to get rid of the old players who aren't part of "the future." Ted expects "more roster turnover than last year." Many of Brett's friends and teammates will be gone. With lots of cap space many can be thrown away because the dead cap can be absorbed.

Everyone from coaches, groundskeepers, trainers, and ball boys with the team in 2004 BT (Before Ted) is fair game to be fired.

Maybe I'm cheap but I hate wasting assets. Brett is an asset.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know why everyone thinks TT is totallygonna revamp everything. all he said was 'new faces' he coulda been talking about, i dunno, sherman! But i guess you guys need stuff to speculate on.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
We will have to see who the boot-licking-yes-man is that Ted Thompson hires to get rid of the rest of the coaching staff that Sherman does not take with him to his new job.

Brett will realize how much Thompson wants to get rid of the old players who aren't part of "the future." Ted expects "more roster turnover than last year." Many of Brett's friends and teammates will be gone. With lots of cap space many can be thrown away because the dead cap can be absorbed.

Everyone from coaches, groundskeepers, trainers, and ball boys with the team in 2004 BT (Before Ted) is fair game to be fired.

Maybe I'm cheap but I hate wasting assets. Brett is an asset.

Well I hope ****, the guy that led our Lambeau tour isn't a casualty. I liked him!! :D

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is assured that Brett hates all this speculation too. He dosent like it anymore than we do. Lets lay off of him. please.

Members online

Latest posts