Special Teams

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's way early, but does anyone agree with me that the special teams have looked better so far? It helps having a punter who can put some air under the ball. The punt and kickoff coverage teams are both looking pretty good, and the Packers have had some good returns. Antonio Chatman said that he is looking forward to Bonnamego's new blocking schemes this year. Considering how poor the blocking was last year, new blocking schemes could only be an improvement. I'm also hoping that some of these young guys like Poppinga, Manning, and Underwood will add some spark to the special teams this season.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think it is a lot better than last year. I think what you said just about how Sander is doing better than who we had last year, that is just the one big thing. But I really like the Special Teams Coach.........Of course you have Longwell one of the best in the business, and If Chatman has a good year it could one of the best special teams.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you tell? They have had only one pre-season game.
I hope you are right and they will be better, they couldn't be much worse than last year.
Chatman still doesn't look much better on punt returns.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we won't know for sure until the real bullets start flying. But I believe we have improved our team speed and that should help our special teams defensively. I was hoping Bragg would push Chatman harder. Maybe the new blocking scheme will help, but that still has to be proven. Obviously if Sander comes through it will help. And with Longwell we have one of the best field goal kickers in the league, expecially for out climate. All in all I think we will be better, but how much, time will tell.

Members online

Latest posts