1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Special Teams wins the game for GB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Timmons, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How long has it been since this happened? Two kicks recovered, one for our only TD. And some good work by the field goal unit as well.

It's been a long time since I didn't cringe watching our special teams.

The only error was the Al Harris injury, beyond that, I think it was a perfect day.

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think bad special teams by Philly might have something to do with it too.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    i can remember when that last happened.

4. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree to a point - I think the Eagles ST lost the game. We however, were able to capitalize on these miscues - something that has not happened recently.

Also, Crosby had a nice debut deep kickoffs, a long FG with yards to spare and finally a clutch kick to win the game with a bad snap to boot. As much as I loved Longwell, I think he may have pulled up and not even attempted that kick or it would have at least thrown him off rhythm for a likely miss.

A bad day for Ryan probably contributed to the Eagles ST issues. If he would have kicked lights out, it is difficult to imagine them mishandling 2 punts so badly.