Speaking of the Badgers.....

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hot: Throwback Stadium

Taking a page from the Badgers' hockey playbook, the Wisconsin football team is now considering playing a future non-conference game at Lambeau Field. "I think it is important that there is a strong relationship between the Green Bay Packers and the University of Wisconsin," said Packers CEO John Jones. UW's athletic director John Chadima acknowledged the possibility saying, "We just have to figure out the right team and the logistics."

Hammer

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would reallly like to see that happen.

1. A lot of people that never get to see the Badgers in NE Wis would get to see them.

2. The Badgers would not give up a home game.

3.They would play a mid tier team that would be willing to give up their home game for a neutral site.

4. Both teams make more money than if you play at the mid tier's home field. It's all about money.

5.Players get to play on "The Frozen Tundra".

6.TV coverage in Lambeau.

7.Great atmosphere and expierence for all involved.

Win-win situation. The hardest part is that college games are usually set up years in advance whereas the NFL schedule is only know months inadvance. Green Bay would probably not want a game on Sat. if they were playing at home on Sun.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have to be an August game and college games do not have to be on a saturday. A friday night Game would work as well.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly Grey Ghost. I can't believe Barry would ever give up a home game and I don't really think any other tem would either unless it was some sort of revenue sharing deal with 1/3 of the gate going to each of the teams.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO, Bowling Green is giving up a home game next year to play the Badgers at a neutral site, in Browns Stadium. A Washinton paper has said that UW and Washington State University are working on a deal where Washington's home game would be played in Seattle because it nearly doubles the seating. As I said it's all about money. So not only can it be done, it is being done. The game could be set up rather easily, the Packers/Badgers logistics pose the biggest challenges.

I don't think they want a Friday game because it interferes with high school football. I believe there was some problem with August but I can't recall what it was. A Thursday game might be a possibility.

There is NO way the Badgers will give up a home game to do this. They would give up too much money to do so.

I hope they can work it out.

Members online

Latest posts