1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SPACE

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Dagento, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Just think space is quite intresting have read alot about and seen some documentaries and it´s breathtaking how big the universe are. I mean it takes sometimes thousand of years for the light from a star to reach earth and milions from some galaxies. The oldest light from galaxy we can see has been sent for around 12,7 bilion years ago just one bilipn year after the birth of the universe.

Anyway wonder if someone else thing the universe it thrilling or exciting as I do? Or is it just me who gone overexcited,hehe

Here´s a picure of a galaxy called NGC 7331, said to be looking just the way our looks, so if some alien outthere watch our galaxy would look something like this:[/align]

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have ALWAYS loved "star gazing". I even have a telescope. I can sit for hours, and just stare up at the stars. I have seen some weird things while doing that.
    But i believe that God created all of it, all of the galaxies. I don't believe it's been around for "billions" or even "millions" of years.
    Thats just my belief.

3. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just started into star gazing about a year ago. I went out and bought a 5.5" Mead DS2000 series scope. I really want to get a 10" Dobsonian scope but that will be down the road a bit. I love sitting out back and finding planets and galaxies. In the year I have owned the scope I have seen many very cool things. I am learning to be patient as well as learning the night sky.

4. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Sounds cool, have never done that myself. The distance between stars and galaxy is so huge to understand. Just one light year is far away but mililon of light year that´s really really far away. Just imagine a star, that we see in the sky that´s some milion lightyears away from us, it´s light have been sent such a long time ago that the star perhaps don´t exist anymore?

It´s strange all those things in space like neutronstarce, black holes, black materia, and all that, I think it´s really fascinating
    [/align]

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    It truly is something that boggles the mind..

I like looking out at the sky all the time..I should get a telescope.

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too....it would be one way for me to get a close-up view of the Lombardi Trophy. :D

Seriously, the best view of the stars that I ever saw was when I was in the Navy.
    When you are at sea at night, and the ships lights are blacked out, the sky is an truly an incredible sight.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now........i can hear the "Village People" singing........."In the Navy" and i see Vikes dancing to it..........LOLOLOL!!!!
    Oh.....thanks for the Lombardi Trophy joke.........(you beat me to it!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I got a really neat picture of the "Hale Bopp" comet that passed here back in the 1990's.
    I LOVE seeing the "northern lights" too. I hope someday to get up to Canada or Alaska, just to get a better look at them.

8. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I´m normaly dont care so much in school but when we learned about the universe was something that I found very intresting.

9. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was interested in space as far back as I can remember. I grew up during the Apollo missions to the moon. I remember being glued to the TV watching Armstrong take that first step. I was hooked ever since.

If you want a cheap scope go on E-Bay. If you need advice on what is a good scope just IM me or post on here. I did a lot of research before I got mine. Don't get a department store scope. They are in a department store usually for a reason. Remember...it's not the magnification that counts it's the diameter of the lense/mirror. The more light it takes in the better the image.