1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Sorry TT

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dhpackr, Aug 19, 2007.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I just wanted to be the 100th reply of this very entertaining thread. :packbeer:

2. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Rainx wrote:

As DHpacker pointed out MS did bring in Kampman and Jenkins but looking back to '05 when it was decision time for TT as far as direction neither of these guys were the players then that they are today. Kampman was steady but not spectacular and Jenkins showed potential.
    In addition we had one LB(Barnett), one CB(Harris), and a decent looking rookie DB(Collins) which is not even close to enough to make a run.

He would have been a fool to ignore the lack of overall talent up and down this roster and bury us with a few high dollar FA's. There was just no "run" there to be made.

I'm just glad Harlan caught it when he did and got MS the hell out of there before he put us deeper in do-do. For the first time since around 2000 the 45th player on the game day roster is going to be a pretty damn good football player.
    That's saying alot considering what the roster looked like in '05.

3. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and oh yeah craig newsome :)

4. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT first year = 4-12, his second year was 8-8, but do not forget, the packers won their last four games, b/f that the pack was 4-8.
    then why break the offense up?
    yeah guys like Kampman, Jenkins, Barnett, Harris, pretty avg?
    nope, I'm saying keep the as you said it, the fantastic, playoff calibur offense , together, sign your guys.

6. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Dhpacker wrote:

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975

We all know about Harris, and Brnett so wont go into those 2..Since this is about MS and TT, lets forget what the guys did when Ted took over and see how AVERAGE they were eh?

Kampman
    2002 started 6 games 24 total tackles 1/2 sack ( some might say below average)

2003 started 10 games 29 total tackles 2 sacks ( still might be considered average)

2004 stared 16 games 67 total tackles 4 1/2 sacks ( most thinking he is emerging and going to be pretty good)

Jenkins
    2004 started 6 games 18 total tackles 4 1/2 sacks

2005 started 12 games 37 total tackles 3 sacks

~~~

To me those #'s SCREAM AVERAGE..dont ya think??

You keep POUNDING those 2 names on a D that was far below average, saying how good they were..So if that is truly how you feel, must mean you think the D in those years really STUNK..

I think you should stick debating the offense side when Sherman was here, at least that side of the ball was good.

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,975
    and then in the very next post..you quote 2 different people, and debate your entire stance...

Which is yours

A) Obsession

B) Debating

C) Eating the nasty plate full of food while complaining

D) All of the above

9. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wow, i deleted a lot of that long -winded post. I am mostly making a statement about some of the offensive, players not the defense.

yeah, I mean TT had some key players on his defense when he took charge of the team. The defense did need some key ingredients. if i could chose between a shut - down corner, and a 1200 yrd 10 TD 90 catch WR , to play beside Driver, me personally, I chose the WR.
    What would I do to solve the problem of a solid DB? I never liked Carroll, I liked Gamble in that draft, I blame MS on that and Fregie over Chambers as well.
    So dhpackr's 2007 packers would feature harris, gamble, chambers, DD, walker, wahle, favre, green, kampman, jenkins, barnett, collins.

I wouldn't be 13 million under the cap, but I'd be in the playoff's every year.

10. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao: how's that

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,975
    of course not, stand up and fight!!

But dont call out a guy and then you do the EXACT same thing..

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    B

13. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    oh my god, i wanna tear this into tiny little shreds... but alas its already been done about 13000 times in previous TT threads dating back to 1958 !!!! jesus man... quit bringing this stuff up. its been disected a billion times... go back to the old threads and read it there. trust me your not adding anything to the TT argument that hasnt been discussed . now its just to the point where you clogging up precious server space.

and also trust me.. while gamble is better than carroll, hes nothing to get excited about. we have the two best corners in the league and your rehashing some crap about Chris freakin Gamble. the corners on our team are probally the best thing TT has done so far (resign Harris, FA woodson) and your freakin trying to tear that down too.

edit NOT TO MENTION you said if you had to choose between a shut down corner and a WR that had one good season and started whining.... SHERMAN tried that all offense thing and its what got us into this. It didnt work as you might notice with our early playoff exits and 4-12 final sherman season.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    way to jump in there Trom. haha

16. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
  17. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    They should make people take a piss test before getting on here.

I swear this guy jumps around more than my drunk brother after he realized he had been sitting in a fire ant bed.

At least that was funny.

18. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's try this angle.
    2003,2004, and before 2005 I think MS was acting under the assumption that The Packers were only a player or two away from getting back to The Superbowl.
    Take away some not so good decisions and a few bad breaks and The Packers may have got there.

Come 2005, TT had another direction he wanted to go. The Packers were not that bad on paper pre-seaon 2005.
    Everybody seems to forget about the rash of injuries and the fact that the free-agent lineman who were signed did not work out.
    Thus the 4-12 season.

Now TT has been buildiing the team through the draft and by signing a free agent or two here and there and resigning the quality guys left over from the MS era.

You can't compare the two,they were in completely different situations.

Now I have not agreed 100% with TT but it looks like The Packers are improving each year so why don't we all just enjoy the games and re-hash all this crap during the off-season.

19. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that's the Packer spirit! your pops would be proud of you.

20. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Hey I grew up in Wisconsin and drank a lot of beer with my bro back in the day.

If my father was going to have a problem with that he should have raised us in Utah.

21. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: i can tell. tonight will be a great test for TT's offensive line and his second round draft choice in 2007

22. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    What was that again?

23. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    set your beer down
    jag's have a better line than the seahawks. therefore, i want to see if the o line and b-jack play as well as they did in the previous pre-season game

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Original image you got there.

25. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i know i hacked it, just wondering how it worked, i'll replace it with my own image