Sorry Bear Fans

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Actually, theres no reason Illinois fans and some Indiana fans SHOULDN'T sell it out anyway. This really is a non-issue.

Say what you want about the bears and their dumb fans...they're passionate. Dumb, but passionate. :)

Obviousley they are not even passionate, at least not all of them. How could passionate fans miss a chance to go to a Playoff game. Okay, some are sick or have family issues or s.th. like that, but 6.659 seats not occupied (more than ten percent of all distributed tickets!!)??
That, imo, is not what passion means.
Oh jesus, do you ACTUALLY think that Chicago, with one of the largest fan bases in the NFL, doesnt have enough "passionate" fans to fill a stadium for a playoff game?
The stadium has been full all year. What happened is a bunch of ticket brokers bought up several thousand seats and tried to price gouge people for $1000 a seat. It didnt work out for them obviously.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Oh jesus, do you ACTUALLY think that Chicago, with one of the largest fan bases in the NFL, doesnt have enough "passionate" fans to fill a stadium for a playoff game?
Well, 6k fans bought tickets, didn't show up :shrug:

Wouldn't see that in Lambeau Field. Hell, even the Family Night intra scrimmage game gets sold out!

Lemme guess, this is where you say that's because Packer fans are pathetic an have nothing better to do, right?

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

Wouldn't see that in Lambeau Field. Hell, even the Family Night intra scrimmage game gets sold out!

Lemme guess, this is where you say that's because Packer fans are pathetic an have nothing better to do, right?

No. What Im saying is that 6K tickets were bought up by ticket brokers and couldnt be sold at the exhorbitant prices they were charging. Maybe that's a sign of "unpassionate" fans to you, but I sure as hell wouldnt pay 2 grand for a pair of seats to anything.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
BearPerspective said:

No. What Im saying is that 6K tickets were bought up by ticket brokers and couldnt be sold at the exhorbitant prices they were charging. Maybe that's a sign of "unpassionate" fans to you, but I sure as hell wouldnt pay 2 grand for a pair of seats to anything.

And that happens to every stadium for a playoff game? I recall the Packers selling out and having far less no shows than 6k for their playoff games.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the brokers this year in Green Bay practically trying to give away their tickets after kickoff for several of the last home GB games? And that was during the mighty playoff run that GB was making. Where's the passion?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How about the brokers this year in Green Bay practically trying to give away their tickets after kickoff for several of the last home GB games? And that was during the mighty playoff run that GB was making. Where's the passion?

So now we're not talking about an ACTUAL playoff game? lol ... ok ok ok I retreat!! I retreat!! you win!! you win!!

lol silly people THINK :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago area has over 9 million people including a lot of millionaires and celebrities not to mention a large number of very wealthy companies having their headquarters here.
Someone bought those tickets. A great opportunity to cash in right?
Wrong! These types sit in luxury boxes and the brokers got stiffed trying to ask huge sums for regular seats.
Ticket brokers know that they cannot sell playoff tickets in Green Bay for that price even if the Packers were in the playoffs…. which they are not by the way.

You are really searching for something to ***** about the Bears right now aren't you?
If they win on Sunday are you going to whine about the price of beer at Soldier Field?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Chicago area has over 9 million people including a lot of millionaires and celebrities not to mention a large number of very wealthy companies having their headquarters here.
Wrong! These types sit in luxury boxes and the brokers got stiffed trying to ask huge sums for regular seats.
Ticket brokers know that they cannot sell playoff tickets in Green Bay for that price even if the Packers were in the playoffs…. which they are not by the way.

You are really searching for something to ***** about the Bears right now aren't you?
If they win on Sunday are you going to whine about the price of beer at Soldier Field?

Huge amount for the Seattle game???

http://www.nbc5.com/news/10727469/detail.html

Upper level seats were selling for $175, while lower level seats were selling for about $250

Another link

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=4924460

It appears fans are losing interest. Tickets to the game are easy to come by from brokers like Gold Coast Tickets.

"Tickets are basically at cost to get into the game, $150 a ticket," said Max Waisvisz, Gold Coast Tickets.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
By BOB McGINN

Posted: Jan. 14, 2007

Chicago - Playoff fever wasn't exactly alive and well Sunday at sold-out Soldier Field.
On an extremely mild afternoon for mid-January in America's third-largest city, 6,659 fans with tickets for the NFC divisional playoff game between their Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks didn't attend.
The Bears announced that there were 62,184 tickets distributed but only 55,525 fans were in attendance, leaving the hefty no-show count.
It's a situation that would be unimaginable in places such as Green Bay, Denver and Kansas City, and in almost every city with a National Football League franchise. After all, the Bears were seeded No. 1, the temperature was 32 degrees at kickoff, the wind was mild and there was no precipitation.

Several Bears played laughed at the suggestion that their fans might not be all that supportive by league standards.

"I guess the 55,000 or so made up for it," cornerback Charles Tillman said. "It was loud. But I have no clue. You might have to ask the 6,000."

A Bears spokesman said tickets had face values between $120 and $150. The only theory was that some fans were taking a "show me" attitude and had no plans to show up until the Bears made the NFC Championship Game.

Let's compare that to the Packers...

By Tom Silverstein
of the Journal Sentinel staff Jan. 4, 1997

And the Packers achieved it all in typical Lambeau fashion. They overcame 34 degree temperatures, 9-degree wind chill, 20 mph winds and a steady downpour to send the 49ers packing for the second time in two years.
"I woke up about 4:30 this morning, but I couldn't go back to sleep," Green Bay defensive tackle Santana Dotson said. "I was trying and trying, but it was such a big game that I couldn't go back to sleep.

"I heard the rain outside, but I was like 'Well, this is Lambeau conditions. Green Bay conditions. I'm at home, let's just enjoy it.' I was hoping the 49ers were more concerned about it than we were."

Of course, the Packers would have looked pretty bad had they shown concern for the weather. Considering a record crowd of 60,787 fans braved the elements without heated benches and sideline blowers, the Packers couldn't complain.

The most amazing thing about the attendance numbers was the fact there were only three no shows. Speculation was either they were giving birth or their cars didn't start.

"They probably got stuck in traffic," safety LeRoy Butler said.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is lame sour grapes stuff.
How many people will be at Lambeau Field this Sunday?

They had 72,922 no shows last week.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is a lame discussion. There is no comparison. The Packer fans are way more passionate about their team. Lambeau sellls out and is at capacity even when the team sucks (as in 2005). The Bears can't get 90% capacity for a playoff game!

And Phil, the pathetic thing is that there ARE 9 million people in the Chicagoland area....and they still don't fill the stadium. The Packers on the other hand? It takes three quarters of ALL residents in Brown County (Green Bay) to fill Lambeau, yet the season tickets have been sold out since the sixties.....We have more fans on the waiting list for tickets than the bears have seats in their stadium!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
this is a lame discussion. There is no comparison. The Packer fans are way more passionate about their team. Lambeau sellls out and is at capacity even when the team sucks (as in 2005). The Bears can't get 90% capacity for a playoff game!

And Phil, the pathetic thing is that there ARE 9 million people in the Chicagoland area....and they still don't fill the stadium. The Packers on the other hand? It takes three quarters of ALL residents in Brown County (Green Bay) to fill Lambeau, yet the season tickets have been sold out since the sixties.....We have more fans on the waiting list for tickets than the bears have seats in their stadium!

Exactly the point that was trying to be made in this thread...

But I like this reasoning better

As a Bear fan once said

All those seats are empty now, so what does it matter?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOLOLOL!!! Bit him in the butt with his OWN stats! How true! 9 million......and they STILL can't fill the "UFO" bowl!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
trippster said:

LOLOLOL!!! Bit him in the butt with his OWN stats! How true! 9 million......and they STILL can't fill the "UFO" bowl!

He will spin it somehow...Maybe the buses were down, traffic jams, Black Hawks, Bulls were playing..Big Foot was spotted downtown somewhere..

Mike Ditka had a rap concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_6pc4C8dmY

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is lame sour grapes stuff.
How many people will be at Lambeau Field this Sunday?

They had 72,922 no shows last week.

LMAO yes ha ha ahahah lmao

Correction, they were not no shows as there was no SHOW taking place :)

You lost this one and its ****ing hilarious because you tried turning the tables and it slapped you in the pimple filled *** cheek!!

Nice job LTF

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Upper level seats were selling for $175, while lower level seats were selling for about $250

Another link

It appears fans are losing interest. Tickets to the game are easy to come by from brokers like Gold Coast Tickets.

"Tickets are basically at cost to get into the game, $150 a ticket," said Max Waisvisz, Gold Coast Tickets.

I simply COULD NOT find tickets for those prices and I have no idea where those numbers came from.
I paid $500 for two seats in the nosebleeds for a regular season game.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:

Another link

I simply COULD NOT find tickets for those prices and I have no idea where those numbers came from.

Don't confuse them with the facts.
Some nose picking ticket broker tries to spin it in the press because he is taking a bath on these tickets and the "stat boys" here don't understand it.

They are now reduced to whining about the Bears selling out a playoff game but 6,000 fans were not able to get those tickets with out getting ripped.
This is not the first time that you guys did not understand something.
:stop:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:

Another link

Don't confuse them with the facts.
Some nose picking ticket broker tries to spin it in the press because he is taking a bath on these tickets and the "stat boys" here don't understand it.

They are now reduced to whining about the Bears selling out a playoff game but 6,000 fans were not able to get those tickets with out getting ripped.

From what your stating now, those brokers lied to the reporter/s about the prices?? Or were those truly the prices 4 days before the game?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Who's whining? You're the one getting defensive on the issue. It wasn't posted in the Smack Area for a reason, its not Smack, unfortunately you feel the need to dummie everything down to smack because thats all you can understand.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Who's whining? You're the one getting defensive on the issue. It wasn't posted in the Smack Area for a reason, its not Smack, unfortunately you feel the need to dummie everything down to smack because thats all you can understand.

Defensive?
Why? Because you don't get it yet you still just keep harping about a non-issue?
Did you actually make an attempt to buy these tickets at $150 or did you just follow the first thing at google that made you feel better?
I am not the one who does not understand why there were 6,000 no shows at the game on Sunday nor do I really give a rats ***.
The topic was dumb to start with and you need to move on already.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

Defensive?
Why? Because you don't get it yet you still just keep harping about a non-issue?
Did you actually make an attempt to buy these tickets at $150 or did you just follow the first thing at google that made you feel better?
I am not the one who does not understand why there were 6,000 no shows at the game on Sunday nor do I really give a rats ***.

and instead of a p-m to someone, you post it in the public area saying to stop

LOL :thumbsup: :rubeyes:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

Defensive?

If its such a non-issue as you so adamantly proclaim, why do you keep posting about it? You understand why? Oh, so that's why you are so upset. Over 6 thousand of your 'passionate' fans PAID for their tickets and failed to show up for a PLAYOFF game. Oh, you don't give a rats *** either? Yet, you post again an again in this thread?

Hypocrite.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Pack fans sure are bored. I guess the long offseason has that affect.

Have any tips on how to handle it?? after all Bear fans should be experts at this

Members online

Latest posts