Sorry Bear Fans

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LAKE FOREST, Ill. - A limited number of Bears playoff tickets will go on sale today at 10 a.m. (CT) through Ticketmaster.

The Bears will host a NFC divisional playoff game on Saturday, January 13, or Sunday, January 14. The exact game date, kickoff time and opponent have not been determined. Tickets are only on sale for the first home playoff game. A second sale date will be announced if Chicago hosts the NFC Championship game.
All playoff game ticket sales through Ticketmaster are via phone and Internet only. Fans may charge by phone at (312) 559-1212, or on-line at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are priced at $95.00 to $375.00. There is a limit of four (4) tickets per customer or billing address. Tickets purchased through Ticketmaster are subject to a per ticket customer convenience charge. Ticketmaster accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diners Club cards. Only credit cards which have an Illinois or northwest Indiana billing address will be accepted. Any orders from outside of this area will be cancelled without notice. All orders are subject to priority shipping fees.

Wheelchair seating is available for the playoffs through Ticketmaster. Should the wheelchair seating allocation through Ticketmaster become exhausted, fans with disabilities are encouraged to proceed with the purchase of conventional seating - if available - then call the Bears ticket office to arrange an exchange. For further information, please call the Chicago Bears ticket office at (847) 615-BEAR (2327) or log on to www.chicagobears.com

Only credit cards which have an Illinois or northwest Indiana billing address will be accepted. Any orders from outside of this area will be cancelled without notice. All orders are subject to priority shipping fees.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wonder whats up with that?

unless they are trying to stop rival fans from buying up tickets?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet thats what it is. They don't want to look even MORE foolish, by having their stadium filled with rival fans.
It IS lame.
Heck......they should be happy ANYONE would want to pay to see the game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, theres no reason Illinois fans and some Indiana fans SHOULDN'T sell it out anyway. This really is a non-issue.

Say what you want about the bears and their dumb fans...they're passionate. Dumb, but passionate. :)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I hope the Packers don't do this type of thing. Although, I doubt they would Seeing as there is no shortage of GB fans. Seems like those who use this tactic are scared of opponents fans making a difference. Something you don't have to worry about as a Packer fan.

Makes me think the Bears(and other teams) are being desperate trying to get ANY and EVERY advantage they possibly can. They are SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERED!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wouldn't foresee a lot of Seahawk fans filling up Soldier Field.

Yea, after reading "Only credit cards which have an Illinois or northwest Indiana billing address will be accepted. Any orders from outside of this area will be cancelled without notice. All orders are subject to priority shipping fees." I'd have to agree.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if they didn't do that, it wouldn't have happened. Not even close. Ever been to a game at Soldier field? Bears fans are by definition stupid, but they are passionate, and I doubt fans from a team from the northwest are going to fly or road trip in masses to Chicago.

This really is a non-issue.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if they didn't do that, it wouldn't have happened. Not even close. Ever been to a game at Soldier field? Bears fans are by definition stupid, but they are passionate, and I doubt fans from a team from the northwest are going to fly or road trip in masses to Chicago.

tromadz said:
This really is a non-issue.

I'd agree with that. When we played the Seahawks in the playoffs in 2004, there were almost no seahawks fans in the stands at Lambeau.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesnt minnesota have something similar??

If you want to buy a ticket to the packer game there you have to buy another ticket to a ADIFFERENT game?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the tickets are going to go to the season ticket holders in the first place.
With over 9 million people in the Chicago area I doubt that the hand full of tickets left would have ever been sold to someone out side this area anyway.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
At least a ticket for a boat-tours. :wink:

Harald :nono:

And I thought that you were a Good PackerFan.....oops, oxymoron :lol:

Which one was the oxymoron?
Me as a good Packer fan or you as a "thinking" Viking fan? :wink: :D

Most of the tickets are going to go to the season ticket holders in the first place.
With over 9 million people in the Chicago area I doubt that the hand full of tickets left would have ever been sold to someone out side this area anyway.

May be so, but why then locking out all the outerspacers by not even leaving them any chance? :moo:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's shady, is it a factor? Must be, otherwise why would they do it if it didn't serve any purpose? I doubt it weighs HUGE on the outcome of the game.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, theres no reason Illinois fans and some Indiana fans SHOULDN'T sell it out anyway. This really is a non-issue.

Say what you want about the bears and their dumb fans...they're passionate. Dumb, but passionate. :)

Obviousley they are not even passionate, at least not all of them. How could passionate fans miss a chance to go to a Playoff game. Okay, some are sick or have family issues or s.th. like that, but 6.659 seats not occupied (more than ten percent of all distributed tickets!!)??
That, imo, is not what passion means.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
6,659 ticket holders skip game

By BOB McGINN
[email address]

Posted: Jan. 14, 2007

Chicago - Playoff fever wasn't exactly alive and well Sunday at sold-out Soldier Field.
On an extremely mild afternoon for mid-January in America's third-largest city, 6,659 fans with tickets for the NFC divisional playoff game between their Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks didn't attend.
The Bears announced that there were 62,184 tickets distributed but only 55,525 fans were in attendance, leaving the hefty no-show count.
It's a situation that would be unimaginable in places such as Green Bay, Denver and Kansas City, and in almost every city with a National Football League franchise. After all, the Bears were seeded No. 1, the temperature was 32 degrees at kickoff, the wind was mild and there was no precipitation.
Several Bears played laughed at the suggestion that their fans might not be all that supportive by league standards.
"I guess the 55,000 or so made up for it," cornerback Charles Tillman said. "It was loud. But I have no clue. You might have to ask the 6,000."
A Bears spokesman said tickets had face values between $120 and $150. The only theory was that some fans were taking a "show me" attitude and had no plans to show up until the Bears made the NFC Championship Game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts