Soooo....

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sign and retire if no other teams want him? A knee injury is usually a lingering issue and given his age and the position he plays, it would not surprise me if no team is willing to take a chance on him, which is a shame.

Packers can make this right still..

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if he'll retire just yet. the guy worked super hard trying to get back to form after his injury

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say resign him, not because we expect him to start, but because it's the right thing to do. Al Harris is family. He has been dedicated to this team for years, it would be a shame to let Al Harris's last stand to be played out lingering in the void of free agency. To me, he deserves better than that. I'm glad they put him through waivers to see if there was another team willing to take him on and maybe start him but the problem is not many teams are willing to cough up $2.5 mil on a player they are not sure is going to start. Chilly probably has the owners breathing down his neck after the Moss crisis, so I can see why they didn't make a move.

I hope he lands up back in GB. Even if he never plays another down, he deserves to be here after all he has done for this team.

Another thing to consider is, God forbid, the potential for injury. We may live to regret sending Harris off if something should happen to one of our starters. I have a strange feeling we have yet to see Harris's last stand. I've just always imagined it in Packer green and gold. This may yet come to pass. I hope the Packer organization does right by Harris and resigns him if no one else will have him. To me, it's the right thing to do.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I say resign him, not because we expect him to start, but because it's the right thing to do. Al Harris is family. He has been dedicated to this team for years, it would be a shame to let Al Harris's last stand to be played out lingering in the void of free agency. To me, he deserves better than that. I'm glad they put him through waivers to see if there was another team willing to take him on and maybe start him but the problem is not many teams are willing to cough up $2.5 mil on a player they are not sure is going to start. Chilly probably has the owners breathing down his neck after the Moss crisis, so I can see why they didn't make a move.

I hope he lands up back in GB. Even if he never plays another down, he deserves to be here after all he has done for this team.

Another thing to consider is, God forbid, the potential for injury. We may live to regret sending Harris off if something should happen to one of our starters. I have a strange feeling we have yet to see Harris's last stand. I've just always imagined it in Packer green and gold. This may yet come to pass. I hope the Packer organization does right by Harris and resigns him if no one else will have him. To me, it's the right thing to do.
Finally some sense and sensibility in all this MADNESS!!!
I've not got to finish reading all about how this could go down, but my big fear was that he could end up in Minny to which someone said that he couldn't because Dallas had first dibs?? It had me reelin for a while,..STILL haven't had a chance to finish reading, but I was sure that I read that if no one picked him up on waivers that he became a free agent, and could sign with anyone. So questions still remains, who will sign him, but your post has made the situation ever so clearer for me! Thanks!!!:derisive:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone goes down in the MN game and he is available I would assume its a for sure thing.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
seeeeee thats what I'm afraid of... OR Does Al have more loyalty than that?? Or maybe I shouldn't even bring up loyalty since GB should of kept him on injured reserved list?? just in case? ughhh sorry too many questions yet to be answered.

Is loyalty a lost quality?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I would imagine this will work like Tauscher last year. If we need him he'll probably be out there, and if we don't he probably won't play this year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seeeeee thats what I'm afraid of... OR Does Al have more loyalty than that?? Or maybe I shouldn't even bring up loyalty since GB should of kept him on injured reserved list?? just in case? ughhh sorry too many questions yet to be answered.

Is loyalty a lost quality?

Nope, it has nothing to do with loyalty. It's purely a business decision based on the talent we have compare to what Al has shown in practice. I think Green Bay did right by Al by releasing him as putting him on IR would probably end his career. This way he has an opportunity to work out for another team. Whether he makes it or not is a different story.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a Dolphin.

So... look out for Tramon Williams or Charles Woodson to slip on a banana peel during the bye and be placed on IR.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Nope, it has nothing to do with loyalty. It's purely a business decision based on the talent we have compare to what Al has shown in practice. I think Green Bay did right by Al by releasing him as putting him on IR would probably end his career. This way he has an opportunity to work out for another team. Whether he makes it or not is a different story.

I guess I do have a hard time separating my emotions from the business of the game. I've even said that not too long ago, it is just a game,..but before that, its a business.

Just read he went to the Dolphins,..gonna read more on peoples thoughts on that.
Thanks for your insight Spartachris!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to separate the business from the emotion, especially when it comes to your favorite team. Al Harris was a fan favorite here in GB, and I really enjoyed having him on our team for the time he was here. It's always sad to cut ties with someone you've enjoyed watching on the field for so long.

The bright side is he's getting another opportunity, albeit with a different team. There were a ton of factors that went into this decision, such as his ability to play special teams, his being content with being only a situational, 4th string corner and just how well he moves on the practice field. All of those are things we the fans just aren't privvy to seeing or knowing. I trust we made the right decision, even if it was a hard one to make. I wish Al the best of luck.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts