1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Son.Starting FB

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DGB454, Jun 22, 2008.

1. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We just got the news on Wednesday that my son will be the starting fullback on the Varsity squad this season. It's a position he loves to play. He will also be a starting guard on defense. The FB position will be for the first 2 games to see how he does. If he does better than the senior who has been playing that position then he will be permanent FB.

This is unusual for his coach to do this because he always favors the Senior players and my son is a Junior. I guess the running backs went to the coach and told him they would rather run behind my son.

We didn't think he would have a chance to be a FB again until he became a senior so I'm getting pretty excited again about his season starting. He has been hitting the weights pretty hard on the off season again. He is 6" 1' at 215 lbs. He is squatting 420 lbs. and is only 16. He is starting a speed program next week. That is where he is a little weak. He is doing a 4.72- 40 and needs to get down to around 4.6 IMO.

If you happen to go to my youtube page check out the Gull Lake vid. The last 2 runs he does for that game will show you how tough he carries the ball.

OK back to other stuff and enough about me bragging on my son. (I'm just a little geeked)

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Excellent.. he gets his shot at the starting slot.. pretty good size kid the DGB.. wish him the best of luck and make the PackerForum proud.. he has a decent size fan base..

Have him hammer a linebacker for me this season. :twisted:

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Sweet, congrats man!

4. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

BTW. He loves hitting linebackers as much as he does running the ball.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Congrats DGB!
    If it were my son, i'd be stoked and bragging too!
    Give him my congrats! (Even though he doesn't know me, i'm pulling for him!)

6. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool.....

7. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude you should hold your son back for 2 years ala Jimmy Clausen's parents. imagine being a 20 year old senior Fullback...He'd Beast on the Linebackers then!! :D Best of luck with the season to you both. :)

8. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's a guard on defense?

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats, amigo. I hope he does well. :cool:

10. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    D-Line.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope he does well to, congrats to your son!!!