1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes you have to wonder about the human race?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, May 25, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I hope they don't consider parole for him... take a life because of a lawn.. seriously disturbing. There has to be something to the makeup of the brain to ever consider such an act.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18849855/?GT1=9951

Man gets life for killing boy who walked on lawn
    Ohio man said boy knew how he cared for his grass and provoked him
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 3:22 p.m. CT May 24, 2007
    BATAVIA, Ohio - A man who fatally shot a teenage neighbor because he walked on the man's carefully tended lawn was sentenced to life in prison.

Charles Martin, 67, must serve 18 years before he can be considered for parole, Clermont County Common Pleas Judge William Walker ordered Wednesday, adding that he would urge that Martin never be considered for parole.

The man was convicted last month of murder in the March 2006 shotgun killing of 15-year-old Larry Mugrage Jr., a high school student.

Martin told the court he was sorry the shooting occurred but said the teen knew how much Martin cared for his lawn and provoked him.

"He stepped on it and he walked 40 feet through it," Martin said. "I cared about it. I cut it every five days."

Prosecutors alleged Martin had confronted the teen earlier in the day when he walked into Martin's yard on his way to a friend's house, then loaded his .410-gauge shotgun and waited more than three hours for him to return.

When the boy stepped on the lawn again, Martin fired at him twice, according to testimony. He then called police, telling a dispatcher: "I just killed a kid."

Martin was tried on aggravated murder but convicted of murder, a lesser count, because jurors because could not agree the killing was planned.

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    what? omg he shouldn't be allowed out he should rot in prison

3. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Could probably get a good deal on his lawn mower.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    hahahaha yeah you could

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The guy i lived across the street from when i was a kid was a "lawn nut". If my basketball went on his grass, he would yell if he saw me go after it.
    I mean......I can understand wanting your yard to look nice, but GEEZ! Kill a kid because he DARED to walk on it!?!? The nut should have just put a fence around his yard if he was that worried about it.
    Guess his precious lawn won't be taken care of anymore.
    It doesn't really surprise me anymore...........this world just keeps spiraling downward more and more.

6. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand to wanting your yard to look nice and lots of people do put time and alot of work to keep things looking nice. But the guy should rot in jail, there are other ways besides killing someone to make your point.

We have kids on our block that are so disrespectful, they use skateboard ramps and put them in the middle of the road, so that all cars have to stop and then wait for the kids to move them so you can pass, but they take their good natured time doing it to while they are laughing at you waiting for them. I keep thinking why are these kids playing in the street when there is a park a block away where they could play out of traffic, and where are these kids parents to let them play in the street in the first place.

One day my son Jake and I were washing cars in our driveway, Jake had happened to leave his good tennis shoes on our grass when we were done forgetting to pick them up. Jake was up in his room and he came downstairs to tell me one of the kids went on our grass and picked up the shoes and through them in the street. He seen what kid it was that did it, so I went out hiding in the bushes by our house when I seen the kid I yelled for him to come over. He asked what he did yelling from across the street, I said go and pick up the shoes that you put in the street he said he didnt do it. I said "well someone seen you do it". He then did come and put them where they were in the first place. Jake asked why I made him do that. I said unfortunately their parents dont care and if someone else doesnt they grow up not respecting their things or other peoples things. I also told that kid to stay out of my yard. As far as I know he hasnt been back over here. I know these kids well in our neighborhood, have had nice conversations with them and then not so nice. But kids just dont respect anything or anyone these days. Its just sad. And that is because they can run wild in the neighborhood with noone caring to watch them. And thats just some kids, there are some that do respect and that are raised properly.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sad part is Hedder, the kid might of ended up stabbing you for making him do it.
    But you are SO right. Kids arn't taught to respect others. Now.....if i had a Jeep, and they took their time removing the ramp, i'd probably drive right over it! That would teach them to move quicker next time!
    That is what we get with the false self asteem they teach kids to have today. They want them to not feel what it's like to lose at anything, by not keeping score, or handing out trohies to everyone. And they teach them that "you matter!" instead of how to treat others as you want to be treated.

You see the results on "American Idol" or "So, You think you can dance". People go up and make fools of themselves, because no one ever had the decency to tell them...."Hey....you CAN'T SING!" Some go on to just get their 15 seconds of fame, but some do it honestly thinking they have talent! No one told "little Johnny" that singing is just not his talent. They don't want to hurt his poor little feelings.
    Then you end up with the "me" generation.
    You know, i bet the kid that got shot enjoyed torturing that old guy by messing with his yard every day. Who knows how many times he did it. I'm not trying to say it's ok to shoot them, but it might by some small reason why it happened. Had the kid had some respect of others, it would have never come to this. It doesn't excuse the old guy, but i understand the frustration he had. No respect for anyone's property anymore.

8. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesy, you comment about the Jeep had me laughing. I actually did do just that with my old Jeep wrangler.

When I lived in San Francisco, I would have to put up with the far left wingers protesting on a daily basis. However, it usually wasn't a problem because they would protest on the sidewalk and I could always walk around them.

Well when the war in Iraq broke out the protesters went overboard. They would pile their bicycles up in the intersections of the main city streets leading to the financial district (we were apparently the enemy...corporate america). Well, I put up with it on the way home one night because I wasn't really in a hurry. However, the next morning I was in a hurry for an extremely important meeting. I was the first one at the light when they started piling up the bikes. I told them to move the bikes to which they flipped me off. So, I put the Jeep into 4wheel drive and proceeded to drive over 4 bikes, destroying them all. As I did this, the other cars were cheering and honking their horns. We literally took over the intersection and forced them to get off the street.

Everyone has a right to protest. They don't have a right to interfere with myself or anyone else.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113

woooo Go you :)

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I would have had an older car I would have ran over the ramps to, I have thought about it many times. But I would scratch my new convertible if I did that...

Good for you Tripp that you did that, its one thing to protest if they want to, but another if they interupt others lifestyle in the process.

And I totally agree with you Cheesy 100%....

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You know Trippster......i have NO difficulty believeing you on this! I can SEE you doing it! And.....BECAUSE I know you, i can see why they didn't mess with you afterwards!!!LOLOLOL!!!
    Several years ago, my brother in law was driving his Mark 5 Lincoln through the drop box at the local post office to drop off some mail on his way to work. Well, there was a lady in front of him that had dropped off her mail and was just sitting there chatting with someone. He asked her nicely to move so he could drop his mail. She just turned and looked at him and went on talking. He waited another minute and said "Look, you can talk AFTER you pull forward. If you don't move your car I will move it for you!" To which she once again looked at him, and turned back to her chatting. He then put his Continental in gear, pulled up to her car bumper to bumper, and gave it gas............her car started to "Shriek" as he pushed it forward........she stopped chatting, put it in gear, and drove QUICKLY away!
    Now...its a funny story, but WHY did it take him doing that to get her to move?
    And........the "protestors" really didn't care about the war, they were just looking for an excuse to be jerks and do what they wanted, which is to control others lives. Kind of like the L.A. riots.........just an excuse to act like animals.
    You see it when a major city wins a pro sports championship.......they come out of the woodwork to riot. Like looting and burning people's property is a real way to show how happy you are that your team won. What the heck sense does THAT make!?!? :soapbox:
    (I'm done.....for now!!!)LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao: