1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes you can't spend lawsuit proceeds

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Jun 12, 2006.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The employees should have just shot him and saved themselves, the taxpayers and the prison system a great deal of needless aggravation.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps we could just beat and shoot the lawyers who bring this stuff to court....and the judges who give it validity by letting it proceed.

The world could do with fewer of both.*

*Apologies to all respectable lawyers.

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Both of them :lol:

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean there actually are 2 respectable lawyers out there? :shock: God bless them, because they won't be employed long. :p

:lol:

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    reminds me of a guy I know..

worked at a gas station and a friend of his came in...Now I do not know the entire story but this is how this guy told people what happened..

His friend came in to the gas station and stole something...This guy did not try to report hs friend or call police cuz he considered him a friend...Then he gets fired for not reporting it and he was PISSED at the owners, and told people to boycott the gas station..

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the old west a new town was trying to grow into a center of commerce.

The town had a lawyer but his business was poor. One day the lawyer tells the mayor he is moving on to another town to earn some money.

The mayor says don't do it. I'll get you some business.
    Two weeks on the stagecoach arrivrs another lawyer.

The lawyer's business skyrocketed.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    SO right Robert!!!
    The guy trys to rob the place.......now, WHY don't the employess counter sue for THEIR "emotional distress?" After all.......WHO pointed the gun at WHO!?! Wouldn't that cause distress to have a gun poited at you? I think the employess had every RIGHT to kick the crap out of this loser!
    THESE are the kinds of cases that BUG me. They drag down the courts with BS cases, so that REAL ones have to wait years.

9. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cheesey.

It's like my father always said. If you have to defend yourself with deadly force against an attacker in your own home, make sure he's good and dead when you are finished so the SOB can't sue you afterwards for "pain and suffering" and "emotional duress". :roll:

Here in Canada the average prison sentence for murder is 8 years, and even that is considered "harsh". However, million dollar lawsuits can take everything you have for the rest of your life.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley