Sometimes Packers fans make me embarrassed to count myself among them.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing reports about masses of people tweeting Bostick that him, or even his family too, must die because of the gaffed play.

Come on people, have some class and lose with grace.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing reports about masses of people tweeting Bostick that him, or even his family too, must die because of the gaffed play.

That is classless. Don't they think he feels bad enough. Personally I blame McCarthy and Capers. 3rd and 19 3-man rush and more than 5 minutes left and he does not even try for a 1st down.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame 6 drives inside Seattle's 30 in the 1st half and only walking into the locker room with 16 points to show for it. Points left on the field always kill.

yooperdiehard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No **** its just a game , sure i was equally crushed but contacting players come on get a grip!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The poster that did that here is banned..

We will not tolerate that type of stuff

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would love to "arrange" a meeting with those fans, the players in question, and a few of their team mates

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Ya common no room for that garbage.

I was so mad at him...then I watched his post game presser. The guy clearly knows he made a mistake. You can't blame a loss like that on one guy. Just like the cowboys can't blame the loss on the non-catch to Dez, and lions fans the picked up non-call penalty.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For about a minute I hated Bostick and called him a POS, but he alone didn't lose the game today. There are 22 other teammates and about 10+ coaches that equally need to be blamed.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I believe "death threats" should be made? H*** no! Do I think fans have a right to bad mouth this guy up TO but not at or beyond that point? Actually I do. We're too touchy feely of a society and this cat blew the game singlehandedly.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I believe "death threats" should be made? H*** no! Do I think fans have a right to bad mouth this guy up TO but not at or beyond that point? Actually I do. We're too touchy feely of a society and this cat blew the game singlehandedly.
I don't support putting your own players on tilt. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face. You have a right to vent your frustrations in the privacy of your own home and the players should have every right to not be exposed to that vitriol. There is nothing constructive about it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people actually do that or is it just some psycopaths trolling twitter and posing as packer fans? That nonsense is crazy. He had a terrible terrible performance on that play both physically and mentally but its just a play and its just a game. I don't want to see him on the team going forward but that is based on his entire tenure and not that play. MM might be kicking himself for cutting a solid special teams player in Ryan Taylor and keeping the better TE prospect (until it became clear he didn't know the playbook and the coaches wanted nothing to do with him on offense).

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may had some dumb@$$ fans, but at least we don't bail on our team thinking we lost only to look foolish and try to get back into the stadium. How embarrassing!

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people actually do that or is it just some psycopaths trolling twitter and posing as packer fans? That nonsense is crazy. He had a terrible terrible performance on that play both physically and mentally but its just a play and its just a game. I don't want to see him on the team going forward but that is based on his entire tenure and not that play. MM might be kicking himself for cutting a solid special teams player in Ryan Taylor and keeping the better TE prospect (until it became clear he didn't know the playbook and the coaches wanted nothing to do with him on offense).
I've seen a lot of vitriol from Packer fans all over social media since the lose. I'm sure some of it are trolls, but trolls don't account for every sore loser.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ya that's absolutely ridiculous. I saw the post game and I feel so bad for this guy. He's going to remember this for the rest of his life and people need to get off his back. He wasn't the only one that lost this game. It should never have even got that far.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may had some dumb@$$ fans, but at least we don't bail on our team thinking we lost only to look foolish and try to get back into the stadium. How embarrassing!
**** happens, Seattle is hell to get out of after a game. It's whatever and that's a petty thing to take shots at people over as well.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on this. This is the NFC Championship game, not some pre-season game that we are talking about. If these fans were worried about making it out on time, maybe they shouldn't have gone in the first place!
**** happens, Seattle is hell to get out of after a game. It's whatever and that's a petty thing to take shots at people over as well.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I strongly dislike twitter for this very reason, really seems like some people go on there just for the purpose of attacking more well-known people just because they can. Last year after that whole Richard Sherman thing happened in that interview, his page got blown up with those awful tweets, and I admit I thought the way he handled that interview was immature and completely unprofessional on his part, I certainly won't deny that, but those people whoever they were who went on that twitter thing and said what they said were far worse and nobody, I mean nobody should ever have that happen to them on there.

Earlier this year, Marc Trestman's daughters got threatened on twitter, that's just an absolute no. And I don't know who these people were who went on Bostick's page, I hope in my heart that they were not real actual Packer fans and that they were ... well for a lack of a better term social media gangsters who have done that to others and try to use anonymity of twitter to hide from the police, who I hope btw find these guys and arrest them.

Honestly though, to those people ON HERE who called the guy "a piece of ****", that is a disgrace to us and that is not how us Packer fans speak of our players. If we got struggling players who fit the mold of someone like Ahmad Caroll or similar, I don't have a problem with advocating they get cut, and I trust our GM and coaches will strongly evaluate and do that when they need to, but yes the way I seen some of our players trodden down on after this game is completely uncalled for.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on this. This is the NFC Championship game, not some pre-season game that we are talking about. If these fans were worried about making it out on time, maybe they shouldn't have gone in the first place!
I really don't have to answer for them and only posited a reasoning. I'm not in their mind and have no idea what they were actually thinking. That being said, taking shots at people for leaving a game when it seemed lost is grasping at straws for some :poop: to sling. Have you seen the pictures outside the CLink? We're talking about 50-100 people out of the 67,000 capacity. Not's not anything worth basing a generalistic comment about a group of people over. As I said, petty.

Last edited:

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still being expressed by fans and actions like this should be defamed and snuffed out.

Do we know they're fans? Could be gamblers, people who were just rooting against Seattle, bandwagoners, etc. But even if they are fans (though I'd say they're not very good fans to begin with), it doesn't reflect on the entire fanbase as the title of your thread suggests. You shouldn't be embarrassed to count yourself among them, you should just exclude them. People who take a game serious enough to make death threats (be it real or just full of crap) have issues that extend beyond football.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no place for vulgarity IMO or threats or calling someone a piece of S--t. Equally there should be no tolerance of participants calling someone a troll for pointing out obvious truths that are painful. I hope this site doesn't digress into vulgar displays of scapegoating nor mere inane happy talk.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts