Something to watch on Sunday.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Browns rookie Antonio Perkins swears he won't be awed by the trappings of Lambeau Field when he fields his first NFL kickoff on Sunday.
"I'll be concentrating and focused, and ready to play," Perkins said. "This is my first game, period, in the NFL, besides preseason. The first game that counts, so I'm going to try and step up."

Perkins is expected to relieve fellow rookie Joshua Cribbs as the Browns' kickoff returner Sunday in Green Bay. Cribbs is out with a sprained knee.
Perkins' return ability was the main attraction to the Browns, but his eye-opening numbers at Oklahoma occurred on punt returns, not kickoff returns.

The fourth-round pick from Oklahoma had three punt returns for touchdowns in a 2003 game against UCLA, had four that season and totaled eight in his Sooners career.

"He was really exciting to watch," said Brodney Pool, his teammate then and now.

As a punt returner, Perkins averaged 12.8 yards a return. He scored a touchdown every 14 returns.

But he returned kickoffs only his sophomore and junior seasons and was not nearly as effective. Perkins averaged 15.2 yards on 21 kickoffs those years.

What's the difference?

Punt returners have to make the first guy miss, and then good things happen. On kickoffs, Perkins said: "You're running straight down full speed and everybody's running at you full speed. So it's a big change."

Pulled this from the web.

RP

Mark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see the Raiders getting by the Chiefs on Sunday. Chiefs will win a close one.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Browns rookie Antonio Perkins swears he won't be awed by the trappings of Lambeau Field when he fields his first NFL kickoff on Sunday.

I liked this kid in April, blazing speed, i was hoping we'd draft him...but there you go again, a rookie, stupid comment, bulletin board material...sort of

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP....I never thought I would see you singing the praises of Moss. Once they don the Silver and Black everything changes. I hear ya! Once they wear the G on their helmet they can do no wrong.

How is Moss doing off the field out there? Behaving?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pass attempt for two points to Moss that was intercepted is something that frustrated me when he played for us. He didn't make an effort for the ball, just like that interception in the endzone of that Bears game two years ago. Plays like all world and then you see something like that...cannot figure him out.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
That pass attempt for two points to Moss that was intercepted is something that frustrated me when he played for us. He didn't make an effort for the ball, just like that interception in the endzone of that Bears game two years ago. Plays like all world and then you see something like that...cannot figure him out.

I think he missed his push off on that play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts