Something to ponder

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy in the playoffs:

2007: 1-1, 2009: 0-1, 2010: 4-0, 2011: 0-1, 2012:1-1, 2013: 0-1, 2014: ?-?

He is pretty consistent win at least one playoff game one year then one and done the next. So going by history the Pack if we end up the #2 seed have a chance at maybe a NFC Championship appearance.

Reaction score
er

He is pretty consistent win at least one playoff game one year then one and done the next. So going by history the Pack if we end up the #2 seed have a chance at maybe a NFC Championship appearance.
Well.. Based on the riddle... the following derivative of this sequence would be .. 4-0
and if McCarthy stays another 8 years.. 2 more Championships

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have really mixed feelings IF our season ends with an NFC Championship Game in Seattle.

On one hand I would feel like we really re-established ourselves as an NFC power and are clearly very close to making it back all the way. In the moment it would probably kill me to watch Carroll out there hugging and grinning. Sherman screaming into the mike about what a "sorry" WR Nelson is. Ugh.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect scenario would be to lay a beat down on Detroit this weekend: Packers get the bye to heal/rest up, Detroit is PO'd and takes out their frustrations on Dallas in wildcard weekend.

2nd week of playoffs would then have Detroit thugging-it-up on Seattle and Packers hosting AZ in 0 degree weather at Lambeau. AZ loves to blitz, AR loves to destroy blitzes ~ perfect situation for GB's offense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I've learned anything this year, it's to take one week at a time :) Let's take care of Detroit this week and see how everything else falls into place.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score

Except that after winning 1 in 2007, they missed the playoffs entirely in 2008. There really doesn't seem to be an actual pattern there because of the 2008 hiccup.

But ponder this if you will....

Packers won the Super Bowl in 1967. From 1967-1995, they were 8-5 in the playoffs.
Packers won the Super Bowl in 1996. From 1996-2009, they were 8-8 in the playoffs.
Packers won the Super Bowl in 2010. From 2010-now, they are 5-3 in the playoffs.

I submit that the Packers must tally 8 playoff wins before the start of the season in which they win their next Super Bowl.

:)

Also, I have too much free time......

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.. Based on the riddle... the following derivative of this sequence would be .. 4-0
and if McCarthy stays another 8 years.. 2 more Championships

I love your logic... but that means the Packers lose this week to Detroit as well as they need to be a wildcard to get to 4 games to win.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming the 7.5 favorite Pack wins on Sunday, the playoff scenario will likely proceed as follows:

#3 Dallas v #6 Detroit.
#4 Atlanta v #5 Arizona.

Then Dallas at GB and whatever sacrificial lamb at Seattle.

If the Pack defeats Dallas they would go to Seattle.

That loss at Buffalo was not good.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about who is good, who is at home, etc. Playoffs are all about the best team winning. We shouldn't have beat Philly or Atlanta in 2010. The Giants shouldn't have beat any of the teams that they beat on the road in 2007: Bucs, Cowboys, Packers, and eventually the Patriots. The Seahawks shouldn't have beat the Saints in 2010 either.

If we are going to win, we can win anywhere.

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect scenario would be to lay a beat down on Detroit this weekend: Packers get the bye to heal/rest up, Detroit is PO'd and takes out their frustrations on Dallas in wildcard weekend.

2nd week of playoffs would then have Detroit thugging-it-up on Seattle and Packers hosting AZ in 0 degree weather at Lambeau. AZ loves to blitz, AR loves to destroy blitzes ~ perfect situation for GB's offense.
even better Pack win and Arizona and Seattle lose #1 seed.

D

Deleted member 6794

even better Pack win and Arizona and Seattle lose #1 seed.

If the Packers win they would win the tie-breaker vs. Arizona based on a better record in common games. So if Seattle loses we would get the #1 seed.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win they would win the tie-breaker vs. Arizona based on a better record in common games. So if Seattle loses we would get the #1 seed.

True... but do not think need to worry about tiebreaker with Arizona. After watching Arizona last week, I do not see them winning at SF this week with Lindley.

D

Deleted member 6794

True... but do not think need to worry about tiebreaker with Arizona. After watching Arizona last week, I do not see them winning at SF this week with Lindley.

It seems like they will start rookie Logan Thomas vs. the Niners. The Niners haven´t played well either over the last few weeks and don´t have anything left to play for so I think the Cardinals have a chance to win there.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless and until Green Bay can beat Seattle in Seattle they won't go to the Super Bowl. That seems fair to me.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about who is good, who is at home, etc. Playoffs are all about the best team winning. We shouldn't have beat Philly or Atlanta in 2010. The Giants shouldn't have beat any of the teams that they beat on the road in 2007: Bucs, Cowboys, Packers, and eventually the Patriots. The Seahawks shouldn't have beat the Saints in 2010 either.

If we are going to win, we can win anywhere.

The playoffs are all about the best team winning yet you go on to give us several examples where the best team did not win. In a single game lose and you are done playoff system like in the NFL the good teams don't always win and the teams that win are not always the best. The playoffs are about winning. I don't care if the Packers are the best team and quite frankly I don't even really care if they are that good. I just want them to win.

Reaction score
I love your logic... but that means the Packers lose this week to Detroit as well as they need to be a wildcard to get to 4 games to win.
The end justifies the means.. Now, let me be clear.. and in the words of the great Will Ferrell... "LETS DO THIS!"

Members online

Latest posts